SIGNED DT Todd Peat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Peat's plan might have to wait

Although the plan is for four-star defensive tackle Todd Peat Jr. (Tempe, Ariz./Corona Del Sol) to make a commitment at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 8, he will still have one visit remaining so the timing might not work.

The 6-3, 295-pounder plans on visiting Oregon State on Jan. 14. He has been on an official visit since, going to Nebraska before Thanksgiving.

"It's been a good time with the recruiting so far," Peat said. "I took a little break from the visits because you know it can be a lot to handle."

Peat says his four top schools are Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona State and Nebraska. He had offers from several other programs including Wake Forest, Alabama and Miami. His interest in Miami was high until the Hurricanes fired coach Randy Shannon.

"Coach Shannon and I were close, he was recruiting me," Peat Jr. said. "Then he gets fired and I haven't heard from them since."

It wasn't the only case of coaching switches that he has had to deal with this season.

"In another situation one day Coach [Mike] Tuiasosopo is in my house representing Arizona and the next day I find out he's heading to Colorado," Peat said. "It's crazy out there."

Still Peat is comfortable with the schools he has chosen.

"It's all about the right opportunity for me to go some place and be able to make an early impact and have a solid career," Peat said. "It's about football and knowing that academically I'm set up for life. In the end the scholarship is there to work towards getting an education."

Whether he makes that decision at the Army game, however, remains to be seen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5942235

Peat's plan might have to wait

Although the plan is for four-star defensive tackle Todd Peat Jr. (Tempe, Ariz./Corona Del Sol) to make a commitment at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 8, he will still have one visit remaining so the timing might not work.

The 6-3, 295-pounder plans on visiting Oregon State on Jan. 14. He has been on an official visit since, going to Nebraska before Thanksgiving.

"It's been a good time with the recruiting so far," Peat said. "I took a little break from the visits because you know it can be a lot to handle."

Peat says his four top schools are Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona State and Nebraska. He had offers from several other programs including Wake Forest, Alabama and Miami. His interest in Miami was high until the Hurricanes fired coach Randy Shannon.

"Coach Shannon and I were close, he was recruiting me," Peat Jr. said. "Then he gets fired and I haven't heard from them since."

It wasn't the only case of coaching switches that he has had to deal with this season.

"In another situation one day Coach [Mike] Tuiasosopo is in my house representing Arizona and the next day I find out he's heading to Colorado," Peat said. "It's crazy out there."

Still Peat is comfortable with the schools he has chosen.

"It's all about the right opportunity for me to go some place and be able to make an early impact and have a solid career," Peat said. "It's about football and knowing that academically I'm set up for life. In the end the scholarship is there to work towards getting an education."

Whether he makes that decision at the Army game, however, remains to be seen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5942235

Sounds like its between us, Stanford, and possibly Oregon State

I am Amazed that there isnt more talk about him on this board. Peat is almost two recruits with is brother saying he wants to play with him. With the lack of D line recruits I would hope the staff has a full court press on this kid.

I've checked on this guy almost everyday for 3-4 weeks. Very interested in him ... almost a fetish. :-)

However, I have nothing to add to the forum topic on him as I have no info ... just waitin' and hopin'.

I do think we stand out among the four schools in terms of the best combination of football and athletics ... but does he see that? My guess is that if he is "that good" he can play just as early at Nebraska as he could anywhere else ... if he earns it ... and that gets back to how honest he is with his own soul and effort and what others coaches are telling him. We take a hit with the honesty in many cases that one will have to earn it.

SheepdogMark

If he ends up anywhere other than Stanford, I will be very surprised.

Ya think ... hearing about Harbaugh possible leaving as well ... I was just surprised to see the post on this day.

I have no clue, but the bowl showing by Stanford and the quality of school it is ... I'm sure he's at their top.

SheepdogMark

Hearing Stanford is willing to up Harbaugh's contract by five years and 26 mil. That is a lot of incetive to stay. However, I can easily see Jim going to the pros. His brother John coaches the Ravens and is very successful and the Harbaugh lineage has been successful in the League. Best bet would be Jim to Denver to work with former Stanford alum John Elway to get the DOnkeys back to where they were. John would probably be more willing to give up personel decisions to Harbaugh than the Niners.

60-40 Harbaugh goes to the Donkeys.

Peat will be a Cardinal when it is said and done like skerchicago said.

Hearing Stanford is willing to up Harbaugh's contract by five years and 26 mil. That is a lot of incetive to stay. However, I can easily see Jim going to the pros. His brother John coaches the Ravens and is very successful and the Harbaugh lineage has been successful in the League. Best bet would be Jim to Denver to work with former Stanford alum John Elway to get the DOnkeys back to where they were. John would probably be more willing to give up personel decisions to Harbaugh than the Niners.

60-40 Harbaugh goes to the Donkeys.

Peat will be a Cardinal when it is said and done like skerchicago said.

Taking the 49ers job and not have to move his family could be an important factor.