Washington message board.

Hello Husker fans.

The best place for Husky news and discussion is actually the Seattle Times UW Football Blog. Here it is. Our resident reporter does an excellent job collecting links and relaying story lines and there is a forum there as well.

It's slowing down a bit since Spring ball is over, but it's never too early to talk college football, right? I can honestly say Nebraska is my favorite opponent. My family always has a reunion when the Dawgs and the Huskers meet up and this year is no exception. It's been long enough that I've rid myself of the taste of that 55-7 debacle the last time we met.

I think both our programs are on the rise, although you guys weren't driven into the dirt quite like we were. Still, it will be fun to see how we stack up. For me, it will feel a little like our 2000 home game against Miami. Both teams were thought to be pretty good but it was definitely a statement maker for the victor. Fortunately, the Huskies brought the house in the first half and held on for the win.

I'd like to know a little about this Nebraska team and how you guys feel about your chances this year, so I'll check in from time to time.

Bow Down To Washington!

Hey welcome to the board. This is how I see the game going down. In the two previous series, the visiting team wins the first game of the series and goes on to win the national champoinship. In 1991 you guys came into Lincoln and beat us and went on to win the national title that year. Then in 1997 we went to Seattle and beat you guys and then we went on to win it all. So sorry, the odds play into our hands. This being the first game of the series, the visiting team, Nebraska, will win the game and we'll also go on to win the MNC. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

• Fire 1

Hey welcome to the board. This is how I see the game going down. In the two previous series, the visiting team wins the first game of the series and goes on to win the national champoinship. In 1991 you guys came into Lincoln and beat us and went on to win the national title that year. Then in 1997 we went to Seattle and beat you guys and then we went on to win it all. So sorry, the odds play into our hands. This being the first game of the series, the visiting team, Nebraska, will win the game and we'll also go on to win the MNC. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Ok, if you guys beat us and go on to win the NC I'll live with it. However, it's going to be a game with huge implications for UW. Last year we went 5-7 and were about four bonehead plays away from being 9-3. By the time Nebraska rolls into town, we'll be road tested at BYU and Syracuse at home will be the prep for you guys. It's actually a friendlier OOC schedule than we've had for a while.

We return pretty much all the pieces on offense. Besides Locker, we have a depth at RB. Chris Polk is the every down back; he rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and pretty much all of those were after contact. The offensive line is mediocre but we have a bunch of pass catchers, including out of the backfield which will keep opponents on their heels. Jermaine Kearse is the clutch reciever and James Johnson is the playmaker.

We are still recovering from the worst stretch of defensive football UW has seen since I've been alive. We lost our top two defenders to the NFL draft but the rest of the D is back and maturing. The Line looks a lot more physical in year two of the staff's new conditioning system. Senior Weakside LB Mason Foster is the leader. In 09 he was near the top of the Pac-10 in nearly every statistical category, and had that "

" against Arizona last year. The Secondary is the strength of the defense, S Nate Williamns, CB Desmond Trufant and newcomer Will Shamburger are hard hitters. Converted reciever Anthony Boyles is still a little raw but gives us a 6'3" corner with a mean streak.

Obviously I'm pretty excited for our chances this year, and look forward to hearing about the Huskers (so I can keep up with my Lincoln native cousin when he comes to visit in September).

Go Huskies!

Ok, if you guys beat us and go on to win the NC I'll live with it. However, it's going to be a game with huge implications for UW. Last year we went 5-7 and were about four bonehead plays away from being 9-3. By the time Nebraska rolls into town, we'll be road tested at BYU and Syracuse at home will be the prep for you guys. It's actually a friendlier OOC schedule than we've had for a while.

We return pretty much all the pieces on offense. Besides Locker, we have a depth at RB. Chris Polk is the every down back; he rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and pretty much all of those were after contact. The offensive line is mediocre but we have a bunch of pass catchers, including out of the backfield which will keep opponents on their heels. Jermaine Kearse is the clutch reciever and James Johnson is the playmaker.

We are still recovering from the worst stretch of defensive football UW has seen since I've been alive. We lost our top two defenders to the NFL draft but the rest of the D is back and maturing. The Line looks a lot more physical in year two of the staff's new conditioning system. Senior Weakside LB Mason Foster is the leader. In 09 he was near the top of the Pac-10 in nearly every statistical category, and had that "

" against Arizona last year. The Secondary is the strength of the defense, S Nate Williamns, CB Desmond Trufant and newcomer Will Shamburger are hard hitters. Converted reciever Anthony Boyles is still a little raw but gives us a 6'3" corner with a mean streak.

Obviously I'm pretty excited for our chances this year, and look forward to hearing about the Huskers (so I can keep up with my Lincoln native cousin when he comes to visit in September).

Go Huskies!

UW's season sounds about like NU's. We were 3 plays from only having one loss last year. Not that it means anything for this season . . . just interesting.

muddy_dawg, thanks for stopping by and welcome to the board. I am so excited for this game. I will actually be heading out to the game as I'm sure thousands of others Huskers are as well. I look forward to seeing the city, the campus, and of course, the game.

We have a large group getting on a boat three hours prior to kickoff to tour the bays and lakes....should be a lot of fun...booze is involved.

Let us know if there are any other can't miss attractions to see while in Seattle.

Best of luck! ....are boys will be ready to play.

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

muddy_dawg, thanks for stopping by and welcome to the board. I am so excited for this game. I will actually be heading out to the game as I'm sure thousands of others Huskers are as well. I look forward to seeing the city, the campus, and of course, the game.

We have a large group getting on a boat three hours prior to kickoff to tour the bays and lakes....should be a lot of fun...booze is involved.

Let us know if there are any other can't miss attractions to see while in Seattle.

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail :(

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

It's open....buy a plane ticket, swim to the boat :laughpound

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

There's nothing like going to a UW football game by boat!

Hopefully it will be a nice weekend, our September games usually have great weather: Sunny, low 70s something like that. Definitely take a walk through campus and find Drumheller Fountain. You'll get a nice view of Mt. Rainier framed by campus and the autumn leaves. I'd also advise heading out to West Seattle. It's off the tourist path has got some great views and some decent fish and chips as well! If you want to go to a bar for some refreshments and to watch some highlights of the game avoid the Ram in U Village like the plague. Try the Big Time Brewery in the U district instead. The atmosphere isn't great, but school won't be in yet so the frat boys will be undetectable and the beer is unbelievable and hard to find elsewhere. If you want something a little more formal check out Ray's Boathouse.

What sort of turn out do you expect from NU fans? We had Boise State and Ohio State here in 2007 and both schools traveled extremely well, I'd say 10,000 OSU fans and closer to 15,000 BSU fans.

Prediction: UW -23

Nu -17

post-8122-127326401389.jpg

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

There's nothing like going to a UW football game by boat!

Hopefully it will be a nice weekend, our September games usually have great weather: Sunny, low 70s something like that. Definitely take a walk through campus and find Drumheller Fountain. You'll get a nice view of Mt. Rainier framed by campus and the autumn leaves. I'd also advise heading out to West Seattle. It's off the tourist path has got some great views and some decent fish and chips as well! If you want to go to a bar for some refreshments and to watch some highlights of the game avoid the Ram in U Village like the plague. Try the Big Time Brewery in the U district instead. The atmosphere isn't great, but school won't be in yet so the frat boys will be undetectable and the beer is unbelievable and hard to find elsewhere. If you want something a little more formal check out Ray's Boathouse.

What sort of turn out do you expect from NU fans? We had Boise State and Ohio State here in 2007 and both schools traveled extremely well, I'd say 10,000 OSU fans and closer to 15,000 BSU fans.

Prediction: UW -23

Nu -17

Thanks for the info. I expect a huge turnout from Nebraska fans. We travel as good as any team in the country and Seattle is a great place to visit. The boat thing I'm on has 200+ people.....so I assume at least 205 will show :sarcasm

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

You jerk! You know I can't swim!!

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

Aren't you in the Marines or something? They dont teach you how to swim in basic?

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

Aren't you in the Marines or something? They dont teach you how to swim in basic?

Marines? What?

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

Marines? What?

Army? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else....

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

Marines? What?

Army? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else....

I think so. I've never been in the military, I just look like a badass naturally!