The Suh Draft Thread

I'm hoping we can merge a lot of the clutter into one substantial draft thread so we don't have to poke around looking for people talking about the information out there.

The newest mock draft off of ESPN Insider had some fodder for a lot of you. McShay states that "McCoy is the best pass-rushing defensive tackle in this class." Claims he has some 'relentless pursuit' unlike some tackles who chase down quarterbacks after they are past the line of scrimmage as well as behind.

Still, both Experts list him as the #2 pick and think that the Rams can't afford to take another defensive line prospect after Carricker and Long because they need the QB too badly.

I'm hoping we can merge a lot of the clutter into one substantial draft thread so we don't have to poke around looking for people talking about the information out there.

Not a bad idea, but the way the merge function works, if I merged a bunch of threads into one the last one posted would be at the end. This post would be buried.

It's a bit of clutter, but there's so little going on right now that it's not pushing more worthy topics off the front page.

The newest mock draft off of ESPN Insider had some fodder for a lot of you. McShay states that "McCoy is the best pass-rushing defensive tackle in this class." Claims he has some 'relentless pursuit' unlike some tackles who chase down quarterbacks after they are past the line of scrimmage as well as behind.

Still, both Experts list him as the #2 pick and think that the Rams can't afford to take another defensive line prospect after Carricker and Long because they need the QB too badly.

I'm not an ESPN Insider, so I don't know exactly what the big change was. I can only assume these two have moved Bradford to the top of the list. Is that correct?

The reason I believe some of the analysts are putting McCoy over Suh is they believe McCoy has the most upside potential. I'm guessing they look at McCoy as a player that underperformed in college while they view Suh as someone who has maxed out their potential in college. However, I think they are overlooking one very important point. Even if Suh did max out his abilities in college, his college abilities are still good enough to be a good DL in the NFL. Even if McCoy did underachieve in college, there's nothing to say he'll be any more motivated in the NFL especially after they pay him millions in signing bonus.

The reason I believe some of the analysts are putting McCoy over Suh is they believe McCoy has the most upside potential. I'm guessing they look at McCoy as a player that underperformed in college while they view Suh as someone who has maxed out their potential in college. However, I think they are overlooking one very important point. Even if Suh did max out his abilities in college, his college abilities are still good enough to be a good DL in the NFL. Even if McCoy did underachieve in college, there's nothing to say he'll be any more motivated in the NFL especially after they pay him millions in signing bonus.

:yeah But I actually think that Ndamukong has more upside than people think. In college, all he had to do to get to the QB was bull rush, because he was so much stronger than college o-lines. The shortest distance between to points is a straight line, so all he would do is throw the guy out of the way and get to the QB in the most efficient way. He didn't need all the fancy moves like McCoy did to rush the passer. I think in the NFL, against stronger linemen, Suh will develop a nice assortment of moves and improve his pass rush game even more, since he can't just toss double teams out of the way like usual.

I hope all these teams skip on Suh.. because all your doing is adding to the fire that is Suh. Have you ever heard the term, dont poke the beast. All you're doing is giving Suh more motivation to work harder, get stronger and play harder.

I hope the NFL realizes its QB's will all be dead by the end of the year, becuase they pissed of SUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH

Yes, Bradford was listed as the #1 pick. I think it is the general consensus that as he gets healthier and healthier the Rams will find they need to pick him. It's understandable from the Rams' draft history and present needs, but I'm not sold on Bradford after this season's performance.