Husker Women don't belong

can't believe it but I may watch an entire women's basketball game on tv tonight (was drug to one in the bob by my girlfriend, but usually can't keep it on the tv). one thing has become clear to me: nebraska is nowhere near as athletic as the upper-tier programs. i will credit them for playing very well, the know their assignments and execute them extremely well (except for the first 15 minutes of this game). however, it's obvious if they don't focus and play assignment ball extremely well they definitely do not have the athleticism to hang with anyone left in this tourney. congrats to connie yori, this season was obviously a product of coaching.

i didn't say they aren't as good as everyone else. if it came across that way i apologize, i just meant they are the least athletic team. i also realize it's more than just coaching, but with a lesser coach i don't see anyway they have 30+ wins. sure they could still be a good team, but not as good as they are

I have to say that UCLA looked more athletic but there is something special with NE women. Griffen can play on any team would be my guess since they say she will a high pick. Its is also a team game they are as balanced and any time in the NCAA's. UConn appears to be in their own world although we will see how they play against some Big 12 teams now.

The first 10 minutes or so I thought it looked like the AM game again. I agree, they lacked something last night and looked kind of slow/lethargic. But on a bright note, I felt that a few other players stepped up hugh- kelly, redman; and I think this will be the key to getting into the final 4.

I want to start with a disclaimer first: Always remember I hate Duke! I hate Duke and everything about them and I will never in any situation root or pull for Duke. Go Heels!!

Now with that being said, the Nebraska women are alot like Duke. Alot of good players with one, maybe two above average, but in no way is their team athletically comparable to other elite teams. However, they can execute and make plays, and they can play team defense well. These things even out the lower athleticism compared to other elite teams that rely heavily on players making plays, not the team making plays.

Now with that being said and giving Duke even a little respect, I have to quickly run to the porcelain to lose my breakfast.

Now with that being said, the Nebraska women are alot like Duke. Alot of good players with one, maybe two above average, but in no way is their team athletically comparable to other elite teams. However, they can execute and make plays, and they can play team defense well. These things even out the lower athleticism compared to other elite teams that rely heavily on players making plays, not the team making plays.

very true

very true

Amen, it's still a TEAM sport

They said Florida would run the Huskers out of the Fiesta Bowl in 95 because they were way more athletic than us. This basketball team isn't the 95 football team by a long shot, but that year taught me that "athleticism" is one of the most overrated commodities in college sports.

They said Florida would run the Huskers out of the Fiesta Bowl in 95 because they were way more athletic than us. This basketball team isn't the 95 football team by a long shot, but that year taught me that "athleticism" is one of the most overrated commodities in college sports.

i understand what you're saying, but i don't quite like the example. i think the deal in '95 wasn't that nebraska wasn't as athletic, it's that they were perceived as unathletic when actually that wasn't the case. i think it was more a case of the nation saying "white, midwestern kids can't possibly be as athletic these southern boys." once game time came, they found out those white boys weren't just strong, they were pretty damn athletic as well

i think the deal in '95 wasn't that nebraska wasn't as athletic, it's that they were perceived as unathletic when actually that wasn't the case. i think it was more a case of the nation saying "white, midwestern kids can't possibly be as athletic these southern boys." once game time came, they found out those white boys weren't just strong, they were pretty damn athletic as well

Its all about the corn-feed boys here baby! :restore

i think the deal in '95 wasn't that nebraska wasn't as athletic, it's that they were perceived as unathletic when actually that wasn't the case. i think it was more a case of the nation saying "white, midwestern kids can't possibly be as athletic these southern boys." once game time came, they found out those white boys weren't just strong, they were pretty damn athletic as well

Its all about the corn-feed boys here baby! :restore

AMEN!