Bradford kills it at Pro-Day

Zammers

From what I've been reading ALL NFL scouts in attendance were blown away.

Here is what Gil Brandt had to say:

Bradford’s pro day workout leaves crowd in awe

Posted: March 29th, 2010 | Gil Brandt |

NORMAN, Okla. Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw 63 passes (13 during a stationary period and 50 scripted throws) during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree. The scripted workout included three-, five- and seven-step drops, shotgun, and play-action plays, plus sprints and rollouts to both sides.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

He officially measured in at 6-foot-5 and 236 pounds.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for about eight weeks. Bradford has been throwing for a little more than four weeks since being cleared by doctors.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.

Gil Brandt

Pete Carroll tweeted - “Just leaving OU. Sam Bradford had a great workout at his pro day … He lit it up!”

I'm not even a Lions fan, but I hope Suh lands in Detroit. Aside from the obvious Blackshirt connection, I think Kyle Vanden Bosch would be a great mentor to Suh. Coach Schwartz already mentioned that Vanden Bosch possesses excellent leadership skills on the field, so Suh would benefit from having an NFL veteran and fellow Blackshirt to learn from. It also helps that Coach Schwartz is a defensive-minded HC as well. He fielded some good defenses as a DC with the Titans.

Either way, wherever Suh ends up, I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

• Fire 1

Sounds like four of the first five or six picks will be from Big 12. Two DTs and two QBs.

Don't forget OT Okung.

Yup. Big 12 will have half the top ten picks. Maybe five out of top seven or so.

SEC? Pffffft.

From what I've been reading ALL NFL scouts in attendance were blown away.

Here is what Gil Brandt had to say:

Bradford’s pro day workout leaves crowd in awe

Posted: March 29th, 2010 | Gil Brandt |

NORMAN, Okla. Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw 63 passes (13 during a stationary period and 50 scripted throws) during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree. The scripted workout included three-, five- and seven-step drops, shotgun, and play-action plays, plus sprints and rollouts to both sides.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

He officially measured in at 6-foot-5 and 236 pounds.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for about eight weeks. Bradford has been throwing for a little more than four weeks since being cleared by doctors.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.

Gil Brandt

Pete Carroll tweeted - “Just leaving OU. Sam Bradford had a great workout at his pro day … He lit it up!”

The guy has a super quick release and is all kinds of accurate. In addition he just put on some good playing weight.

Sounds like four of the first five or six picks will be from Big 12. Two DTs and two QBs.

I hope you're not referring to Colt McCoy as a potential top-5 pick :rollin

:yeah

I don't see McCoy going in the top 20, but I do hope he is drafted ahead of Jimmy Clausen. I can't wait to see that domer get the Brady Quinn treatment on draft day!

Unfortunately for Bradford, he's going to go to a crappy team that will inevitably put him on the field immediately. We saw how well he performed last season behind a sub-par OL. I see his career going somewhat similar to David Carr's. It really is a shame.

I very much agree with this. It's pretty sure at this point that Bradford will go #1, and that the Rams will put him on the field before it's prudent. They don't have the O Line necessary to protect this guy, and he's going to get killed. You have to wonder how sturdy his surgically repaired shoulder is.

I think he's a good guy, and rival or not, I wish him well in the pros. I'd hate to see him get killed like I think he's going to.