Got the offseason blues? Check out my insanely detailed season preview!

Lava

I thought it was a good write up Lava. I don't know what the other guys are worked up about . . . there wasn't even any advertising on your site.

Beats the heck out of the links to bleacher report.

Thanks. I appreciate it. The site is mostly a glorified blog, I just thought you guys would appreciate the article. I'm not here trying to get members, just feedback.

Here are some of my notes:

- QBs - LaTravis will not be contending for the QB spot. Yes, I know he is "still in the mix", but really? Does anyone really think he will win the spot? In my opinion, it's between Cody Green & Zac Lee with Martinez and Spano as the "sleepers".

- Running backs - I agree. I will be very interested to see what the coaches do with Heard based on the RB depth. He looked good on video, but who knows how that translates to Division I football. I think a redshirt may be on the horizon for Heard if the RB trio can stay injury free until September.

- Wide receivers - I don't really know what to think here. I would probably put Niles, Kinnie, and McNeill at the top of the list, but I think that's a position we will have to wait and see. It may be an inconsistent position for the first four or five games because Gilmore isn't the greatest at evaluating talent and getting the best players on the field. It takes him a while.

- Tight ends - Agreed. Cotton, Hill, Young, probably occassionally McNeill. I personally really want to see Kyler Reed get some touches too.

- O-line - Don't forget about Sirles, Qvale, Coffey, and Ash who all redshirted last year. Sirles and Qvale in particular were probably going to see playing time before getting injured. Sirles is probably a good LT candidate while Qvale could anchor a guard position. Hopefully with the amount of bodies we have at the position we can find some consistency this year.

- D-line - I think Meredith and Allen have their positions anchored down for the first few games, but I see Jason Ankrah really showing his speed and talent off and getting a starting position. I really hope he will be as good as I think he will be.

- Linebackers - Probably the position I am worried about the most. Compton and Fisher both looked lost during the season and they didn't improve much during the season. Dillard wasn't an athletic freak, but he sure knew how to make plays. We need another Dillard-like player at that position and looking at the players returning, I just don't know where that player will be coming from. Eckler has alot of work to do.

- Defensive backs - Probably the position I am least worried about. Two great corners, a great nickel and dime back. Lots of quality depth behind them. PJ Smith should be a solid safety, but if there is anything to worry about in the secondary, it's who will be playing alongside him at the other safety position.

- Special teams - Adi is great (everyone needs to let go of that ONE kick that went out of bounds), Alex Henery is ridiculous, and Niles serves as a solid return man. Special teams should be special once again. However, I am hoping Henery's foot won't be expected to keep us in so many games.

Pretty good writeup

Senior Mike McNeill lead the tight ends in 2009 and though he is going to line up at WR more he will probably still end up playing significant time at the tight end position.

Err... no. Not sure when you wrote this, but McNeill is pretty much a lock at WR now. The change may be somewhat cosmetic, but it's still a real roster change.

There are a few other minor errors, but mostly it's a nice-looking piece.