ESPN College Football Live announced their Top 25 pre-season rankings today

I honestly have thought since the end of the season that Idaho will be a harder game than most think. I remember their bowl game against BG and that was an awesome game. They played really good and hard. I think Idaho will be a competitive football team this year.

Idaho will be our 2nd hardest Non Conference game but they are losing their top offensive lineman too...can't think of his name but I believe he's from Hawaii. We will have our hands full with their QB and it should be a good game.

The Iowa/Iowa State game is played every year so I don't see why this series is something that people always look forward too and Iowa State isn't really a powerhouse team to get all excited about to see on TV. I'll give Paul Rhodes some props because he took an awful Iowa State team into Lincoln to be beat the Huskers with the help of 8 turnovers and he's turning around that program.

When I think of good non conference games to watch you think up match ups like the Ohio State/USC game last year or Texas/Ohio State a few years ago, USC/Notre Dame, Oklahoma/Miami etc. Top powerhouse teams going head to head from different conferences is what makes college football more enjoyable to watch.....not a Iowa/Iowa State game.

While it's true that this isn't considered a rivalry of national significance like a Notre Dame/Michigan or Oklahoma/Texas match-up, but it's still what it is and that is an in-state rivalry. Do you think people stopped watching Florida against a downward spiraling Florida St. these past few years?

The significance that I'm placing on it this year is different than last year. Why? Because neither Iowa or Iowa St. were ranked when they played each other. This year however it's a different scenario which adds more incentive for the underdog to come out swinging. Not only will they be playing for the annual Cy-Hawk trophy and state bragging rights, but also a chance to knock off the 8th ranked Hawkeyes out of the Top 10.

More importantly, let me take you back to 2005 when an unranked Iowa St. upset #8 Iowa. Now in 2010 the exact same scenario is happening again. It'll be the 5th anniversary of that upset. So with that in mind, it'll be interesting to see if Iowa St. can pull it off as the lowly underdog like they did in '05.

FWIW, since 2000 the Iowa/Iowa St. series is tied at 5-5.

Fock Iowa and Iowa St. What really bothers me is we didn't offer Enderle a scholarship. That and the fact that Boise St is #3. As an old-timer this is as surprising as Drake being #3. Not even on the map when I was in college. We are back to being respectable, but sitting below Boise stings. Tell me their ranking is based on them not playing anyone that can beat them. Can they possibly have a better team than Texas? Texas basically chooses who will play for them from the most talent rich place in America, BSU is full of :star :star 's.

Fock Iowa and Iowa St. What really bothers me is we didn't offer Enderle a scholarship. That and the fact that Boise St is #3. As an old-timer this is as surprising as Drake being #3. Not even on the map when I was in college. We are back to being respectable, but sitting below Boise stings. Tell me their ranking is based on them not playing anyone that can beat them. Can they possibly have a better team than Texas? Texas basically chooses who will play for them from the most talent rich place in America, BSU is full of :star :star 's.

Don't worry Virginia Tech and Oregon State should beat them

Actually Boise pulls in quite a few 3 :star 's and have GREAT coaching. Plus they return 20 starters from a team that had 0 losses, including a BCS win. If they played in the Big XII they would hold their own... go undefeated, IDK, but hold their own yes.

If we can't beat Idaho by 4td's or more, it could be a long season. No matter who's qb's are starting. We used to be playing our 2nd & 3rd stringer by the 4th quarter, against teams like Idaho, for over 40 yrs.

Pelini said we are back, this would be a good time for this team to show it.

GBR!!! :bonez

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, in reference to the Nebraska/Idaho match-up that I addressed in my first post, NFL Network announced yesterday that Idaho QB Nate Enderle is a projected 1st round pick for the 2011 draft.

Like I said, facing him in the 2nd game of the season will be a good test for our defense. Especially since we'll be facing Jake Locker the following week who is likely to go #1 overall in next year's draft.

FWIW, in reference to the Nebraska/Idaho match-up that I addressed in my first post, NFL Network announced yesterday that Idaho QB Nate Enderle is a projected 1st round pick for the 2011 draft.

Like I said, facing him in the 2nd game of the season will be a good test for our defense. Especially since we'll be facing Jake Locker the following week who is likely to go #1 overall in next year's draft.

Just think what it would be like if we recruited him...an in state guy too no less. Oh well... :hmmph

Just think what it would be like if we recruited him...an in state guy too no less. Oh well... :hmmph

we can thank Billy C. for not giving the kid a shot. :facepalm: