How excited are Husker fans for this season compared to other ones?

How excited are you compared to last year and previous years  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With this being my first full season "with" the Huskers, I was just wondering what the general consensus is among Husker fans. I know our defense (am I allowed to call it "our defense" yet?) is supposed to be better this year than last year which will be scary, but how about our offense? Is the QB situation going to have any balance? Last year it was sketchy at best imho. Supposedly Zac Lee was injured? IDK what Green's excuse is. I know the RB situation should be better, with burkhead having another year and same with helu.

So basically I'm just wondering how high expectations are this year.

I voted an 8 because I am still pretty skeptical about how much better the offense is going to be. However, our schedule lines up very favorably and our defense and special teams are sure to be dominant. I don't think anyone has felt this good about the Huskers in a long time. :thumbs

I put a 10 because honestly, who isn't already jacked up for Husker football? When I look at this question, I don't look at it in the sense of how well do I think the team will do, I'm just looking at it in the sense of how excited I am for the season itself. That's why I give it a 10.

I put a 10 because honestly, who isn't already jacked up for Husker football? When I look at this question, I don't look at it in the sense of how well do I think the team will do, I'm just looking at it in the sense of how excited I am for the season itself. That's why I give it a 10.

I was thinking the same as you.....had to go with a 10 because I'm always jacked for the start of every season

• Fire 1

Agree with Enhance.

Although this season I'm worried. 2007 was a season where many of us were hella excited. I figured since 2006 we were probably national championship bound or something, with a former Heisman hopeful transplant at QB. We saw 8-4, 9-5, and just figured improvement every year.

We all know what happened next. This season is somewhat similar in terms of our expectations, and of course I think there's little chance of an '07 like collapse happening. I just don't know if we will meet these sky-high expectations. I hope we won't be disappointed if that happens. We're still building up a fragile little dynasty now, and it's in the infancy. Stability is more important than anything. If we can start stringing together 9 win seasons year-in, year-out, I'd call that a success. I know we all want more, but it's the foundation that's important, and besides, it's unreasonable to expect championships year-in, year-out.

That said, I can't wait to get this season started!

• Fire 1

none of this hippy bullsh#t i voted 10 cause i'm funking stoked!!!! to get this season on... i think every season you get pumped but this one with the team/vibe/culture/schedual and all this coming together its gonna be a blast... defense no need to get into... special teams... good enough thought i think they could be better at times.. offense (?) lets just hope its better than last year... and at this point all we can do is hope and wonder and come up in our own minds what its gonna be like... being all optomistic how can we not think the offense will be better.... thus F T B S!!!!!

10s all around like a playboy photo shoot!!

As far as comparing this season to other seasons, it reminds me a lot of pre-2007, but with more "legitimate" reason to be excited so to speak.

The 2006 season had it's high expectations in it's own right, and for the most part we beat the teams we were supposed to and lost to the ones we were supposed to, but we played three top 10 teams extremely close and were on the verge of being championship caliber. The 2007 season came along, and so did Sam Keller (once again Husker fans instantly came up with some insane expectations), and all the sudden we hear stories of the team breaking huddles with "national championship" and we have the #1 team in the land coming to Lincoln, people were jacked up.

I had to vote 10, since this is my first real season and I can't help but get excited. So I'm getting from a lot of people that the expectations aren't much higher than usual but the general excitement is there just because its a new season, not because we think we will get a National Championship or anything... right?

I had to vote 10, since this is my first real season and I can't help but get excited. So I'm getting from a lot of people that the expectations aren't much higher than usual but the general excitement is there just because its a new season, not because we think we will get a National Championship or anything... right?

We always have high expectations, but this year we are expecting to play in the B XII championship and go to a BCS game. We haven't had those expectations since before the 2007 season. By we I mean many people, but I honestly was worried before that season because of our horrid D coordinator and a new QB. However we are always stoked for Nebraska football so really the question is do you mean how excited are we for Husker football or how excited are we about the possibility of this season being good.