SIGNED OLB David Santos

Nexus

No HI insiders can give us the what we know synopsis? This is me pathetically groveling for info right now.

My guess is that Santos is not our #1 choice at LB. He's probably a backup option to some of the other guys. There's no guarantee that any of the other guys will come on board, thus we want to keep Santos around in case... which is a delicate see-saw effect... you don't want the kid to feel like you don't want him, but then you don't want to take him unless the others shy away or commit elsewhere... so you have to keep him interested and wanting to play for us without committing or knowing he's being slow played as a "second best option".

Some sites say he's 6' 193 lb 4.6 speed

Some say he's 6' 205 lb 4.5 speed

Either way... he is on the smaller side for a DI lb... Phillip Dillard was 240lbs (which was a little heavy, but was a big difference in size). Does that mean he's too small for us? No, because Bo likes the smaller, faster lb for his Defensive system. He can run more disguised schemes with smaller backs who disguise themselves as LB or S, or CB, and who blitz at any time.

We know Santos wants N... we know the coaches "haven't been there" when he's called, we know historically speaking, that when the coaches REALLY want someone bad they do a good job of contacting that person often... so it makes me think that the coaches must think they are close to landing some of the others like maybe a Dexter Moody, or a Keith Lewis, or a Rahim Cassell, or a Denzel Perryman, or even an Anthony Wallace...

No HI insiders can give us the what we know synopsis? This is me pathetically groveling for info right now.

My guess is that Santos is not our #1 choice at LB. He's probably a backup option to some of the other guys. There's no guarantee that any of the other guys will come on board, thus we want to keep Santos around in case... which is a delicate see-saw effect... you don't want the kid to feel like you don't want him, but then you don't want to take him unless the others shy away or commit elsewhere... so you have to keep him interested and wanting to play for us without committing or knowing he's being slow played as a "second best option".

Either way... he is on the smaller side for a DI lb... Phillip Dillard was 240lbs (which was a little heavy, but was a big difference in size). Does that mean he's too small for us? No, because Bo likes the smaller, faster lb for his Defensive system. He can run more disguised schemes with smaller backs who disguise themselves as LB or S, or CB, and who blitz at any time.

We know Santos wants N... we know the coaches "haven't been there" when he's called, we know historically speaking, that when the coaches REALLY want someone bad they do a good job of contacting that person often... so it makes me think that the coaches must think they are close to landing some of the others like maybe a Dexter Moody, or a Keith Lewis, or a Rahim Cassell, or a Denzel Perryman, or even an Anthony Wallace...

• Fire 1

+1

As it stands right now Leith Lewis is our numero uno LB target, so I have heard. Dexter Moody and Malcolm Moulton will be visiting soon and Dexter is rumored to be more open to coming to Lincoln. As for Cassell, he is waiting for his Florida offer to commitable. He kind of jumped the gun when they contacted him with the chance that he could earn an offer. All i have read on Perryman is that he Jonathan Vilma reincarnated, and Miami might be tough to beat. But he does like us, likes our tradition so you never know. As for Anthony Wallace, who knows? One day its Oklahoma with their skyline pipeline, the next day it Texas, or UCLA. His recruitment will be a whirlwind until signing day.

Haven't the insiders on this board already told us that Santos is N, and that we might take another LB in this class as well? So what effect would Santos being committed have on that?

Maybe he just doesn't care about the immediate online attention and is waiting to break it to Rivals.

Santos called Pelini Wednesday night and left a message and Pelini can't call him back because of some rule that the coaches are not allowed to call the recruiter.

Santos also called the previous day only to talk to a different coach.

EDIT: I'm not sure if he called twice or just once but for sure he did call and talk to an assistant coach and left a message for Bo.

Santos called Pelini Wednesday night and left a message and Pelini can't call him back because of some rule that the coaches are not allowed to call the recruiter.

EDIT: I'm not sure if he called twice or just once but for sure he did call and talk to an assistant coach and left a message for Bo.

the David Santos soap opera rolls on.. starring

Bo Pelini as El Hefe

David Santos as himself

Tracy Burns as David's jilted possesive girlfriend

Keith Lewis as "the rival"

Jeremy Crabtree as "creepy football recruting guy"

Miss X as el murjerzuela "David's something somthing on the side"

soap-opera-halt-population-growth.jpg

• Fire 3

the David Santos soap opera rolls on.. starring

Bo Pelini as El Hefe

David Santos as himself

Tracy Burns as David's jilted possesive girlfriend

Keith Lewis as "the rival"

Jeremy Crabtree as "creepy football recruting guy"

Miss X as el murjerzuela "David's something somthing on the side"

soap-opera-halt-population-growth.jpg

Mama Luna? I used to work at a Mexican restaurant, and I watched a lot of these. Entertaining to the max. If you love horrid acting, big breasticles, and crazy plotlines, you should check this biz out.