tim tebow

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but i am happy that tim tebow is going to the broncos and not the jaguars. Yay!!!! :corndance:ahhhhhhhh

What a terrible decision on the Bronco's part. I didn't know they needed an unproven tight end.

and they traded UP for it. that's just tuuuuuuuurrrible.

He went to my team :(. I really don't understand this pick at all, and the only silver lining I can see is that he is a tremendous leader, no doubt about that.

Only problem with being a leader is guys dont listen to people on the sidelines. He tried that crap at the combine and guys told him to shut up. He like any other rookie will have to show and prove. He is the third string QB on his team. You can bust your a%% all day in the weight room and the film room but where it counts is on the field. All the rah rah stuff doenst fly in the league. People that do it Ray Lewis (leader of his team) Drew Brees ( leader of his team) Jerry Porter ( a leader on his team) Tim Tebow we will see.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but i am happy that tim tebow is going to the broncos and not the jaguars. Yay!!!! :corndance:ahhhhhhhh

What a terrible decision on the Bronco's part. I didn't know they needed an unproven tight end.

Well, kind of, since the Broncos started out with the #11 pick and selected Tebow at #25. I think that's about where most prognsticators had Tebow anyway. Looks like a high risk, high reward type of deal - either Tebow will be a devastating NFL QB because he can tuck and run with power or he'll always have throwing issues and never emerge. Denver has a need for a young QB and can get by with him on the bench for a while, but I'd have taken someone else.

IMO the Jags pick was one of the biggest reaches in first round...not saying Tebow was your pick at #10 but Tebow at #25 could be argued he was taken 10 picks too soon...but Alualu at #10? He was taken more than 10 picks too soon.

I think it is winding up that the Rams blew it. Could have had Suh and then grab Clausen next and 2 huge needs are filled but instead get Bradford and ?.

I think the fact that Denver traded up is pretty significant.

That's a huge expectation to place on a guy who will MAYBE, with extensive development, be ready to see the field three or four years from now. It was Denver's second pick of the first round. They gave up a 2, 3, and a 4 to get him.

Alualu is a reach at 10 too, but that's a guy a lot of people were high on anyway. I guess the Jags weren't able to trade down at the 10 spot and figured they couldn't get him if they waited. Still it was a shocker to me. Not to Mayock though, who called it two seconds before the pick was made. Of course, I think Mayock called Heyward-Bey too.

The Broncos managed to turn picks number 11, 43, and 114 in to 22, 25, and 87. That's a good day's work if you ask me, just looking at it from that perspective. I'm also one of those crazy tin hat people who think Tebow can be an effective starting QB in the NFL, so I think the Broncos kicked some butt in round one.

The Broncos managed to turn picks number 11, 43, and 114 in to 22, 25, and 87. That's a good day's work if you ask me, just looking at it from that perspective. I'm also one of those crazy tin hat people who think Tebow can be an effective starting QB in the NFL, so I think the Broncos kicked some butt in round one.

If you put it that way, ya know, that is pretty good. Didn't realize that's how it shook out.

I just don't know about Tebow to Denver. If you really believe in him being a pro QB, it helps to have a more established QB and an older one as well. But I don't know. McDaniels is also a very talented guy, when it comes to developing his QBs.

IMO the Jags pick was one of the biggest reaches in first round...not saying Tebow was your pick at #10 but Tebow at #25 could be argued he was taken 10 picks too soon...but Alualu at #10? He was taken more than 10 picks too soon.

I think it is winding up that the Rams blew it. Could have had Suh and then grab Clausen next and 2 huge needs are filled but instead get Bradford and ?.

I know that the jags reached...i don't care. If you look back at our last couple drafts besides last years we have done some downright stupid stuff. We just got rid of our second round pick from just two years ago, that we traded up to get, for a fifth round pick. If we took tebow i would denounce the jaguars.

Kinda funny that Tebow gets all the press. Yet the OL in front of him--his center, Maurkice Pouncey--went 7 spots higher in the 1st round to the Steelers. I don’t think I’ve heard Maurkice Pouncey’s name mentioned twice all last year. Tebow is a human PR machine.

Well, kind of, since the Broncos started out with the #11 pick and selected Tebow at #25. I think that's about where most prognsticators had Tebow anyway. Looks like a high risk, high reward type of deal - either Tebow will be a devastating NFL QB because he can tuck and run with power or he'll always have throwing issues and never emerge. Denver has a need for a young QB and can get by with him on the bench for a while, but I'd have taken someone else.

I am not sure the tuck and run type QB will work out for the Broncos or even in the NFL. Better running QBs than Tebow have not been huge successes. We will see if he stays at QB or moves elsewhere, but if he goes to tight end as some have suggested, seems like a waste to pick a guy that high, just to play tight end.