Turner, Holt, Brooks

I've never been crazy about Gilmore. :rant The gimmicks like demoting guys to the scout team and making guys take off their gloves during pouring rain in Columbia? That's cute during practice, but like golf, you don't try to fix your game on the course, fix it on the driving range.

I've never been crazy about Gilmore. :rant The gimmicks like demoting guys to the scout team and making guys take off their gloves during pouring rain in Columbia? That's cute during practice, but like golf, you don't try to fix your game on the course, fix it on the driving range.

I'm no Gilmore fan, but I don't think I'd call "demoting guys to the scout team" gimmicks - more like, holding guys accountable.

• Fire 1

I'm no Gilmore fan, but I don't think I'd call "demoting guys to the scout team" gimmicks - more like, holding guys accountable.

Seemed to work for Dillard.

Dillard's wasn't in the middle of his senior season. the fact is, these two receivers are apparently NFL talent, or close to it, and we complained all year about our lack of receivers. that to me shows how bad Gilmore really is.

the fact is, these two receivers are apparently NFL talent, or close to it, and we complained all year about our lack of receivers. that to me shows how bad Gilmore really is.

Let's wait and see if these guys actually make an NFL roster before anointing them as "NFL talent". And having "NFL talent" doesn't mean squat to me as a college football fan - I'd take Swift and Petersen over some lineups with "NFL talent".

I know Bo's mission is to always have the best 11 guys on the field. Pulling Holt off the field for Antonio Bell...gimmick, holding one responsible, whatever you want to call it, I don't think that sort of thing helps you win a game. I'm all for making sure that our guys are hold accountable and fully know their responsibilities, but when you change personnel during a game to prove a point or whatever, that just doesn't seem like a good way to win. You practice and teach lessons monday through friday, but on saturday you play to win.

the fact is, these two receivers are apparently NFL talent, or close to it, and we complained all year about our lack of receivers. that to me shows how bad Gilmore really is.

Let's wait and see if these guys actually make an NFL roster before anointing them as "NFL talent". And having "NFL talent" doesn't mean squat to me as a college football fan - I'd take Swift and Petersen over some lineups with "NFL talent".

maybe i should have bolded the... or close to it. if they are being signed or invited to try outs, they are close to it. and for Nebraska to have WRs that are even, i'll say it again, close to NFL talent, that's a plus. Swift is also regarded as "close to it". he signed with the Broncos. so i never said i'd take these two over Swift and Peterson. please don't tell me you are trying to say you think Gilmore is a good coach and actually develops players. i'm pretty sure that's not even up for debate.

I knew Brooks was a talent and he wasn't helped out by the previous staff first of all. Secondly am I the only one that thought he was a playmaker? Or had the ability to be? I know he broke his leg when he first came in to Lincoln but after another 4-5 years he seemed alright.

I've never been a fan of Gilmore either, I think its time all loose ends be tied up, I figured Bo would have done this after the first year, because he got the defense figured out. However I feel that Bo kept Gilmore around because he's a damn good recruiter. Now, what we should do is just have Gilmore be strictly recruiting coordinator.

eh?

so i never said i'd take these two over Swift and Peterson. please don't tell me you are trying to say you think Gilmore is a good coach and actually develops players. i'm pretty sure that's not even up for debate.

That is exactly up for debate, and I made my point poorly. I'm pointing out that nobody was complaining about the WR production after the 2008 season. Swift and Peterson were also guys Gilmore developed. You have to look at Gilmore's successes as well as failures. I'm not saying Gilmore has done a great job or anything, but I'm not convinced he's doing a bad one either.

so i never said i'd take these two over Swift and Peterson. please don't tell me you are trying to say you think Gilmore is a good coach and actually develops players. i'm pretty sure that's not even up for debate.

That is exactly up for debate, and I made my point poorly. I'm pointing out that nobody was complaining about the WR production after the 2008 season. Swift and Peterson were also guys Gilmore developed. You have to look at Gilmore's successes as well as failures. I'm not saying Gilmore has done a great job or anything, but I'm not convinced he's doing a bad one either.

Well here's a question here for you. Do you really think Gilmore developed those guys? Swift's best season was possibly his Freshman year. You could say his Senior season was better, but honestly not much. You also have to realize that both Swift and Peterson have naturally good work ethic. Maybe that wasn't the case for Holt and Brooks? Not saying they weren't hard workers but maybe they needed to be inspired more than Swift and Pete. I just don't think you can necessarily call Swift and Peterson "Gilmore's successes." I would classify them as personal successes.

And to whomever posted that Gilmore is a darn good recruiter: I haven't noticed much WR talent coming in and any big time recruit, regardless of the position, seems to be pulled in by JP