Future Nebraska Coaches

carl pelini? even though he is older than BO. i do wonder what type of coaching tree BO will grow. it probably will have to be outside of the UNL blood line.

Maybe Tom Cable?

That is a very evil thought. Does Al Davis hate Nebraska?

On side note I also was thinking Carl. In 5 or 10 years he should have enough experience to have a shot at his own Head coaching gig.

Are there any former players that would be good to coach for us? Like a Grant Wistrom or something? Just throwing out ideas, but it needs to be a "nebraska" kind of guy. Personally I think by the time Bo leaves he will have such a consistent staff that they will be able to just promote from within and keep stability in the program.

Marvin Sanders

People here underestimate Sanders when in actuality he's the only other asst. coach who has actual DC experience at another D-1 program besides Bo and Carl. Not only that, Sanders has the unique opportunity of being in the "war room" with Bros. Pelini when it comes to learning their brand of defense.

If we want to keep the Pelini brand of defense when Bo leaves, then for the sake of continuity Marvin Sanders would be the obvious choice. In this scenario I could see Ekeler being promoted to DC. You have to remember even though Ek played for K-State, he's a Nebraska native (Blair).

The other possibility is Carl Pelini. He's probably a long shot because I'm not sure how long he'll be here before getting that first D-1 HC offer. But it's also possible that Carl would stay at Nebraska for a couple reasons:

1) Maybe Carl knows Bo will eventually leave NU for tOSU, which gives him more reason to stick around at NU so that he can take over the program?

2) Carl's girlfriend is a Nebraska native with kids and family nearby, so maybe she doesn't want to leave the state if he were offered an out-of-state job?

This guy

OSBORNE,-TOM-(1).JPG

His name alone would win most of our games.

:laughpound hilarious find

I remember him..I think he was my fourth or fifth choice for replacing Calah..Call...Ca.. That one coach we had that shall remain nameless.

He was an assistant under Koetter out here at ASU.

2007-Present Special Teams Coach & Tight Ends Coach Oregon

2001-2006 Assistant Head Coach, Tight Ends Coach & Special Teams Coordinator Arizona State

1995-2000 Special Teams Coordinator, Tight Ends Coach & Recruiting Coordinator Oregon

1993-1994 Running Backs Coach, Tight Ends Coach & Recruiting Coordinator Boise State

1986-1992 Running Backs Coach Portland St.

How about Ron Brown ?

Scott Frost is only a QB coach, and he's only been at it for a year in Oregon. He's got a lot to prove before he could be considered for any HC job, let alone NU. There's not really anyone out there worthy of an HC job with NU ties that comes to mind, we'd have to step outside the ropes I think. The old candidates would likely be there again, like Jim Grobe from Wake Forrest, and Bud Foster of Va Tech. Personally I'd like to see Jim Mcelwain from Bama get some consideration. Gary Patterson's name would be thrown in there too probably

Frost is a WR coach at Oregon. When Gilmore leaves Frost will get the WR job at NU. That is my bold prediction for the near future.

Actually, I was thinking along the same lines.

One of the reasons I was dissapointed Gill took the Kansas job was I figured there went our last chance of ever getting him here.

He's actually older than Bo and interconference coaching transfers are usually frowned upon.

you must not follow sec football very much

Whoever our next coach is after Bo, I want him to be a defensive guy. Our record with mostly offense was 5-7. With mostly defense it was 10-4. Give me a good defense any day. Hopefully this is all a moot point and Bo will live happily ever after in Lincoln, NE, retiring after matching Osborne's 3 championships in 4 years.