Four-game stretch

Has Nebraska won its last two bowl games? YES

Has Bo done a great job? YES

Am I happy? Very

But, no matter how much I try to tell myself what a great season we are going to have...well, I start thinking about the offense and the players we lost on D....mostly Suh and Dillard, but also O'Hannlan, Asante and Turner.

Then I think about our schedule...

And I think about this sretch of games...

At Kansas State in a mid-week night game that preceeds one of the most anticipated matchups in recent memory.

Texas...a huge home game that will get national attention.

At Oklahoma State when we all know how brutal Stilwater can be, no matter what year it is.

And home for Missouri, a team that, although we try to deny it, has a better QB situation that we do.

We do have a couple weeks to beat bad teams before our trip to always tricky College Station.

Then Colorado...which can be interesting.

Don't forget the early season trip out to Washington. They beat USC and pounded California last year. That will be tricky.

A lot of land mines there. I try not to think about it. And I cetatinly hope Lee is ready to go come fall camp, because I have little to no confidence in any other option. Cody did so-so in the spring game and Taylor Martinez has never taken a snap in a game.

Am I alone?

The only game I see as a landmine is the A&M game. The washington game, if we do the things we are capable of doing that game wont even be a contest. The thursday night game with Kstate shouldnt be as hard as we make to be, K state will not be that good, although the did surprise me last year in middle of the season, beating mizzou and what not. Texas game we have big revenge on our minds, theirs no way BO lets us lose this game. Oklahoma State is gonna be a TERRIBLE team this year, they lose Robinson and Bryant that was 2/3 of their offense before Bryant got suspended, remember how well they played after that? See Cotton Bowl. They prob wont win 7 games this year,IMHO.

Along as dont have a repeat of the ISU game should be able to take KU and Mizzou pretty easy. Even though Mizzou is our biggest competition in the north as it stands right now, which isnt saying much really. A&M has really good offense with Johnson and the two RB's, but they have an absolute terrible defense. The only real concern I have is being to contain Johnson and Co. for 4 quarters while our offense generates enough points to hold to the win. I expect this game to be in the high 20's or 30's for scoring.

you forgot iowa state!! sure we will have some tight games but its a new era, bc is gone i expect to NU to win every game this year. in bo we trust

Whoops how could i forgret the CU and ISU games. Here's my assestment.... better have extra ambulances ready cause it could be royal beat down.

Too early to start worrying.

Once the season does start, I hope the team adopts a humble but hungry attitude. No game will be a gimme and every underdog we face will be out for blood. So it's best to treat every game like it'll be a tough one, regardless. I'm sure the staff will remind them of it once the season gets going.

the a&m defense should be improved if not formidable this year. Although its his first year, the air force d cooridinator they brought in is for real. See 7 interceptions and a complete shutdown of houstons vaunted passing attack in their bowl game. If im not mistaken AF was appropiately the countries top passing defense last year with what is frankly second tier talent. That all being said, ill keep saying a&m is going to be next years hold onto your seat game. Theyre stacked on offense.

the a&m defense should be improved if not formidable this year. Although its his first year, the air force d cooridinator they brought in is for real. See 7 interceptions and a complete shutdown of houstons vaunted passing attack in their bowl game. If im not mistaken AF was appropiately the countries top passing defense last year with what is frankly second tier talent. That all being said, ill keep saying a&m is going to be next years hold onto your seat game. Theyre stacked on offense.

Speaking of A&M's defense, it'll be interesting to see how well they adapt to their new 3-4 scheme.

We have a team that in reality is less than last years at this time. We will see early if it is the same or better, but I must remind you this is a team that got its ass handed to them by Texas Tech, a team that lost to Iowa State. It is still too early to start thinking the corner is turned and we will return to the days of the mid 90's. Not saying we won't but counting any victory yet is looking for trouble. I think we win most of our games this year, but I still expect the goof ups we have encountered the last two years. Games we should have won, but due to mistakes, coahcing errors we lost.

I think it is fair to have reservations about any division 1 team on our schedule. Not doom and gloom by any means.

We have a team that in reality is less than last years at this time. We will see early if it is the same or better, but I must remind you this is a team that got its ass handed to them by Texas Tech, a team that lost to Iowa State. It is still too early to start thinking the corner is turned and we will return to the days of the mid 90's. Not saying we won't but counting any victory yet is looking for trouble. I think we win most of our games this year, but I still expect the goof ups we have encountered the last two years. Games we should have won, but due to mistakes, coahcing errors we lost.

I think it is fair to have reservations about any division 1 team on our schedule. Not doom and gloom by any means.

Right now I would say signs are pointing to improvement. From 07 to 08 we saw a pretty sorry team become a good team. From 09 to 09 we saw that team become a really good team. One thing that people are overlooking are the improvements that the teams as a whole has made in the last 3 years. The tendency to surrender big plays has diminished significantly. The penalty problem still exists, but it is getting increasingly better. I think the reason Bo thinks the team can be 5x better is for these same reasons. People get to caught up on negatives. Matt O'Hanlon and Larry Asante were jokes before Pelini. Suh hadn't even done much. Jared Crick was nobody. The capacity of the team to get better and better as a whole over time is what gives me confidence.

Can I get an AMEN?

i find it hard to swallow your view that were less than what we were last year at this point considering bo's track record of yearly improvement and of his ability to coach the entire team up.

Under Bo this team has consistently trended upwards. While QB play remains a question going into this season I believe this team is capable of going undefeated. Will it going undefeated? Probably not. Another thing that has been consistent the last couple of years is sometimes we win one we shouldn't and lose one we shouldn't. And then there is Texas...Who, for whatever reason just has our number. (See Terrence Nunn fumble and :01 game)

So when I look at the schedule, the games that cause me a little uneasiness is @ Washington and vs. Texas. It's early in the season when we may still have some bugs to work out and the game against the Huskies is on the road. Washington is improving and Jake Locker can cause some problems.

And well, Texas is Texas. They are always deep and while McCoy and Shipley are gone as well as some key linemen, Texas simply reloads. Garrett Gilbert will be ready by fall and it will be a tough game. We'll probably have to see them twice. Just my two cents...