Iowa Vs Nebraska Trophy

I know this is way out there but there are braggin rights to be had. I would like to think of some fun things we could come up with if this rivalry took place. Like a yellow or red line be painted the entire length of i80 to each teams respectable town. Or i duno call it the corn bowl. Something and now that we have some Iowa fans hanging around id be interested on hearing there opinion. chuckleshuffle

There are so many "rivalries" and trohpies in the Big 10, that it makes most of them meaningless to the rest of college football. Silly, just silly.

:moreinteresting

to the outside world, yes it is silly, these trophy games were way beyond our time! not that the game has much meaning, but Iowa Vs. Minn for the pig is a pretty cool trophy! The Cy-Hawk Trophy is also a marketing tool that they use for all sports between ISU and Iowa for the mythical state championship. I see nothing wrong with the "bragging rights" that comes along with the trophy.

Let's just make a trophy considering Iowa really has never had a chance against us. Out of 31 games, we've trounced them 22 times, they've just gotten by us 8 times, and we tied once. The "whatever it would be" would rest in Nebraska for 10 years in a row, then Iowa would get it once, then back to Nebraska for another 10. Their last win against us was in 81 and they got us 10-7, the year prior(80) we won 57-0 and the year after(82) we got them 42-7.

Iowa can't even sniff our jockstraps, plus I hate hawkeye fans. They have done nothing and will continue to do nothing, but they speak as if they are this team whose always been great.

Let's just make a trophy considering Iowa really has never had a chance against us. Out of 31 games, we've trounced them 22 times, they've just gotten by us 8 times, and we tied once. The "whatever it would be" would rest in Nebraska for 10 years in a row, then Iowa would get it once, then back to Nebraska for another 10. Their last win against us was in 81 and they got us 10-7, the year prior(80) we won 57-0 and the year after(82) we got them 42-7.

Iowa can't even sniff our jockstraps, plus I hate hawkeye fans. They have done nothing and will continue to do nothing, but they speak as if they are this team whose always been great.

Iowa does not have the overall history of winning that Nebraska does you are correct. We were good in the 20s and then for the latter half of the 50s but we didn't get consistently good until Hayden Fry took over the program in 1978 and rebuilt the team. From the early 80s through now we have been a significantly better team. We have had some down years but overall the programs quality under Fry and now Ferentz is much better. However, over the past several years I would say Iowa has probably been the better team most of the years. The nice thing if Nebraska joins the Big 10 is we no longer have to play these what if games. I will be surprised if the modern record doesn't end up closer to 50/50.

Their last win against us was in 81 and they got us 10-7, the year prior(80) we won 57-0 and the year after(82) we got them 42-7.

Welcome to the new millenium.

spoken like a true sportsman.

arrogant much?

:LOLtartar