if we go b10...

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wisconsin?

Its a program based heavily off of us and one of the few in that conference that is consistently good. I mean heck Alvarez is a husker and babied that Wisconsin program into existence in the 90's.

I know everyone is saying Iowa but don't count out these northern schools, Wisconsin, and Minnesota (on the rise) i think are prone to a rivalry being borne.

And if Notre Dame joins, a rivalry no one here remembers seeing first hand could very possibly be rekindled.

where is Michigan?

They have Ohio state.

Truthfully I don't know y everyone wants Iowa. We have no history with them at all! Besides the fact that they're close and hate us (much like Missouri ) we have owned them when playing em. Really this is a team with no national titles, one Heisman winner, and who has little respect for us. Sounds just like both the cu and Missouri arguments on how they aren't successful enough against us or in their history to b our main r.ival. If anyone in the b10 fits our prestige and has past history with us its Penn St.

Besides them being far location wise they would b an awesome rival. They definitely have the history with us (we played the opening kickoffs every year, 1982- which ultimately kept us from a national title and lead to them winning it, 1983- our revenge, 1994- we go NC and they don't... and the list keeps going. They also have the prestige: 2 Ncs, 2nd best bowl winning percentage post ww2, joepa, and the white outs at beaver stadium. It b great renewing the old to v joepa battles, the red outs v white outs, and unlike osu or Mich, there is no major existing rival to stop it from happening. (Msu sees Mich as their top game and Minnesota...come on haha.

Sadly though I think the Iowa rivalry would b stuffed down our throats if we join, u already here the talks, which would b just like how the b12 shoved the cu "rivalry " down our throats, but my opinion is we should designate no one as our top rival unless its Penn St (or osu or Mich, but neither would leave each other for us)

Squawkeyes

I deal with them every day right over the river, craps annoying.

Iowa-They touch our state and unlike MO, they have been a member of the B10 for a long time, so they would become the new rival.

Info from 2000 to 2008. Evenly matched programs in what they have accomplished since the 2000 season.

http://myhitnews.com/2009/10/05/iowa-hawkeyes-vs-nebraska-cornhuskers-who-has-the-best-football-program-in-the-neighborhood/

Wisconsin?

Its a program based heavily off of us and one of the few in that conference that is consistently good. I mean heck Alvarez is a husker and babied that Wisconsin program into existence in the 90's.

I know everyone is saying Iowa but don't count out these northern schools, Wisconsin, and Minnesota (on the rise) i think are prone to a rivalry being borne.

And if Notre Dame joins, a rivalry no one here remembers seeing first hand could very possibly be rekindled.

This is it. Also, I wasn't alive at the time, but I've seen pictures of people from Oklahoma from the 70s wearing buttons that say "The REAL Big Red" implying that we were the "fake" big red. Wisconsin looks so much like us, has Alvarez who, as you mention has huge Nebraska ties, had Callahan with obvious Nebraska tieswink.gif , and relied on power football for a long period of time, kinda like us. It could be another "Real Big Red" type of rivalry.

• Fire 1

How can so many people claim KSU and CU aren't rivals because they haven't beaten Nebraska consistently enough throughout history, yet immediately jump on the Iowa-as-rival bandwagon? Iowa's beaten us 12 times out of 40 games, and I couldn't see them winning consistently against us in the future.

• Fire 1

Yeah, Iowa would be shoved down our throats, but it would probably formulate, if nothing else than by the media. I always thought it was funny how the Big (soon to be little) 12 tried to shove CU down our throats, and CU fans would get so mad that we didn't acknowledge a rivalry. I'd be fine without a Big 10 rival.

• Fire 1