Niles Paul ticketed in downtown Lincoln

as quiet as Bo is about these type of things, even with his 'internal' quote, i wouldnt be surprised to see Niles suspended for a game...and he would be deserving IMHO, especially considering Bo's dealing with past players' infractions no matter the percieved public view of the incident.

He is only 20 and this is the second time Niles has been in trouble with the law involving alcohol in one way or another. Bo needs to sit him for a game or two, and put him on some internal probation. The third time wont be pretty.

The tricky question is: how many games should he sit? On paper, this probably deserves 1 game, 2 most, and some OTI after practice for awhile. The bad part about suspending for 2 is that then outsiders would criticize the coaching staff for suspending him for the cupcake games and letting him play against Washington. Tough decision.

yeah August birthday...he's right on the cutoff line for most schools

That's where I was. Started Kindergarten on my 5th birthday, moved down to UNL on my 18th birthday. I was one of the youngest kids in my class.

Same here. Graduated HS when I was 17 and turned 18 two months later (August).

Ditto!

Graduated @ 17. Turned 18 two weeks later.

Double ditto. Turned 18 (July)

That's where I was. Started Kindergarten on my 5th birthday, moved down to UNL on my 18th birthday. I was one of the youngest kids in my class.

Ditto!

Same here. Graduated in May turned 18 at the end of June. Got an MIP on July 4th, boy were my parents mad. Had to spend 2 days in jail because i had turned 18 before the offense.

Ditto!

Same here. Graduated in May turned 18 at the end of June. Got an MIP on July 4th, boy were my parents mad. Had to spend 2 days in jail because i had turned 18 before the offense.

Buffalo County NE?

Been there done that, boy was UNK fun!!!

Ditto!

Buffalo County NE?

Yep, good'ole Buffalo County. I didnt go to UNK, but went to alot of parties. Ever Been to Cruise Night??

Ditto!

Buffalo County NE?

Yep, good'ole Buffalo County. I didnt go to UNK, but went to alot of parties. Ever Been to Cruise Night??

You gotta tell me about cruise night. I've got friends at UNK who keep trying to get me to get but I've had work for the past 2 years. Is it all it's cracked up to be?

Ditto!

Buffalo County NE?

You gotta tell me about cruise night. I've got friends at UNK who keep trying to get me to get but I've had work for the past 2 years. Is it all it's cracked up to be?

One year I saw a drunk dude get tasered right in front of me. If you hang out down by the college frat houses, as the police bust parties, people just move from house to house. I call it "movin the heard." Last year, I went to drop my friend off at his car on Sunday and by the frat houses in the median was a foose ball table. :corndance I was gonna grap it, but I didnt want it look like it was mine. But yeah it's blast. you can pretty much walk around pulling a cooler around drinkin and no one is gonna say anything unless ur acting stupid.

Apparently Bo has dealt with Paul about this incident already.

Per LJS:

"I have met with Niles Paul about the matter. It has been addressed and handled internally," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said in a statement.

That's from Paul's DUI last year, not this incident. The article isn't written very clearly, but Bo's statement wasn't about this time around. I'm sure he'll issue a statement in the next 24/48 hours, and it'll probably be something like this again.

I would be surprised if Niles doesn't sit out at least one game. You have to send a message.

Hey, apparently I'm an idiot (surprising nobody), because I just read on another website that Bo's comment was for THIS situation, meaning "it's been handled." Maybe that's a confusing quote or maybe nobody really knows yet, but it looks like this is going to blow over.

yea, they met and he was told you got one game suspension!