What do YOU think NU should do?

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we stay here we'll never compete for another national title again! Ever! Period!

And what makes you think this? We have a greatchance if the B12 stays -weak north, OU & UT battle it out, if we can keep from being upsetted and beat OU/UT twice a year, we're pretty much gained a NC spot.

I don't. Just didn't understand why Redneck thought the big10 would be impossible to win in...

On the internet, no one can hear you sarcasm

If bo seriously believed that changing conferences would be as disasterous for recruiting as some think it will be, he would have mentioned something by now. We never had a problem getting great texas recruits before the big 12 and I doubt anything will change. Coaching is the name of the game now, great players want to play for great coaches. why do you think cally and solich had a hard time recruiting in texas?

First off, Callahan was a great recruiter, whether he was Texas heavy or not is irrelevant. Second off, Bo won't even tell us who's hammy's are sore before facing Fau, what makes you think he'd provide his recruiting thought on this?

If we stay here we'll never compete for another national title again! Ever! Period!

And what makes you think this? We have a greatchance if the B12 stays -weak north, OU & UT battle it out, if we can keep from being upsetted and beat OU/UT twice a year, we're pretty much gained a NC spot.

I don't. Just didn't understand why Redneck thought the big10 would be impossible to win in...

On the internet, no one can hear you sarcasm

That's the beauty of it.

If bo seriously believed that changing conferences would be as disasterous for recruiting as some think it will be, he would have mentioned something by now. We never had a problem getting great texas recruits before the big 12 and I doubt anything will change. Coaching is the name of the game now, great players want to play for great coaches. why do you think cally and solich had a hard time recruiting in texas?

First off, Callahan was a great recruiter, whether he was Texas heavy or not is irrelevant. Second off, Bo won't even tell us who's hammy's are sore before facing Fau, what makes you think he'd provide his recruiting thought on this?

Not us, TO

except it is relevant whether he was recruiting in texas or not. If he's a great recruiter, and he wasn't texas heavy, then texas must not be that important!

I don't attend games to watch money. If money equaled football success, Indiana and the rest of their rust belt chronies would be in the thick of it every year. They aren't. We won't win as many games because we won't get the talent.If we go Big 10, it's possible that we will never again be a participant in the national championship game, let alone win it.We're letting our disdain for one conference member drive most of our decision, and that, I am afraid, will be our downfall.

I'm falling for the trap. Redneck. Do you think an undefeated champion of the revamped Big Ten would play for a national title???? Check yes or no...

I don't attend games to watch money. If money equaled football success, Indiana and the rest of their rust belt chronies would be in the thick of it every year. They aren't.

We won't win as many games because we won't get the talent.

If we go Big 10, it's possible that we will never again be a participant in the national championship game, let alone win it.

We're letting our disdain for one conference member drive most of our decision, and that, I am afraid, will be our downfall.

It is entirely possible that no matter the league we could never be a participant in the NC game again, but that is neither here nor there.

Please back up your points, as Ohio State and the Sweater Vest seem to be doing well. Penn State has had a run of seasons ranked in the top 10 again and three years ago the winner of Michigan/Ohio State went on to the NC game.

I just don't understand this argument, do you really believe that the Champion of a league that contains Penn State, MIchigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and possibly Notre Dame wouldn't go to the BCS title game.

Since we have no 'official' offer from the Big 10, I say we call a press conference and state we are in the Big 12 and our loyalty is here. I would further publicly ask the commish why there is no current deadline for the south teams who apparently are thinking about defecting. I agree that the focus is in the wrong place, Mizzou and NU are not to blame. I can't understand why Beebe is going about this with his deadlines and wanting all the schools to show their loyalty when it's obvious some schools are questioning the methods of money distribution. His only response is that the board won't change the rules and they all now are the ones guilty of imploding the conference. Beebe has gone about this all wrong from day 1 and I can't help but think he wants this conference to fail because he is doing such a good job at causing a lot of ruckus. If the conference stays, I say we stay and let the Big 10 go through their process and if they ask us later on.....We get the hell outta dodge.

I couldn't find a poll for people to state their opinions so I thought I would make one. What do you think Nebraska should do?

I would like to stay in the Big 12, purely for athletic reasons. I'm worried that a move to the Big 10 will put our recruiting in Texas in jeopardy, possibly sending us down a road to mediocrity we will never recover from. We may be able to win 9 or 10 games every year, but I think our chances of winning National Championships fades. There are only so many good football players to go around and it's already crowded in Big 10 territory. I'm not just looking at the number of 5 star prospects either, you can find diamonds in the rough, but there are only so many players like that. You have to have multiple talented players to win championships. Plus, I think we have it made in the Big 12 North. The North is weak right now and has been for awhile, if we stay and things keep going the way they are, we could be winning the North 80% of the time. By winning the division we are only a short step away from playing in a BCS bowl or a National Championship. It seems everyones problem is with Texas and their political shenanigans, but I don't see it mattering all that much. We have one of the best coaches in the country, and I'm positive we will be beating Texas almost every year if we stay. They can handle the politics, we'll take care of the football field. Go Big Red!

Nebraska will be competitive any conference we play in, because of the fan base.

read some of the articles posted on huskerextra, chris or brian outlines why we keep our recruiting pipeline. not because of who we play, but the relationships our coaches have made with the school in texas and california. look at how many players we are getting from cali, recruiting in the rust belt will happen with bo and company. I mean he's a OSU allum.

imo

I don't attend games to watch money. If money equaled football success, Indiana and the rest of their rust belt chronies would be in the thick of it every year. They aren't. We won't win as many games because we won't get the talent.If we go Big 10, it's possible that we will never again be a participant in the national championship game, let alone win it.We're letting our disdain for one conference member drive most of our decision, and that, I am afraid, will be our downfall.

I'm falling for the trap. Redneck. Do you think an undefeated champion of the revamped Big Ten would play for a national title???? Check yes or no...

Yep.

I just don't think we'll be that competitive in the Big 10 over the long haul - certainly no more so than say Iowa or Wisconsin - there's not that much that really separates us from them to begin with once we make this transition. Hope I'm totally wrong.

Please back up your points, as Ohio State and the Sweater Vest seem to be doing well. Penn State has had a run of seasons ranked in the top 10 again and three years ago the winner of Michigan/Ohio State went on to the NC game.

I just don't understand this argument, do you really believe that the Champion of a league that contains Penn State, MIchigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and possibly Notre Dame wouldn't go to the BCS title game.

Of course the champion will have a shot at the title. Trouble is, the champion won't be us.

Back up with some facts why Nebraska would ever out-recruit Ohio State, Penn St., or Michigan? We won't any more than Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Minnesota have done. We're going to recruit better because of our NAME? Our FAN BASE? Ha. Dream on. That's an emotional response, but it's not based in reality. ANY program, ANY name, can go down the tubes. We've seen it over and over through the years.

We're out in the middle of nowhere without the Big 12, and the significant ties to south recruits that the conference brings will be broken. Heck, Lincoln would be our southern-most games! Sorry, that's just my take.

Nebraska will be competitive any conference we play in, because of the fan base.

So these losing programs all around the country don't have good fan bases?

I've heard everything now.

i really shouldn't have to spell this out. if nebraska didn't have the following it does it wouldn't be the program it is. if we were not the program that we are, the big12 wouldn't care if we left, and the big10 wouldn't "turbo-acclerate" their process just to give us an option if they do.

everything is relative, so yes i think its fair to say that we can be competitive in any conference Nebraska plays in because we have a fanbase that will always travel, will always watch, will alway support the college. and to answer you question, no all of these losing programs around the country don't have good fan bases, at least very few of them do.

Best possible scenario. Stay in Big XII on condition that partial qualifiers rule be reversed and Big XII network started ASAP, with no individual school channels. No reason to be hard case. Agree to football championship in Texas permanently.BB in KC.

That way, no effect on smaller Big XII programs and NU doesn't have to buy new athletic department letterhead.