Iowa State

How does ISU make it through the crucible? They are ranked basically the same academically as Iowa (less liberal arts, more science) and have a good basketball team and sort of competent football team. It would be cool if they were one of the teams added to the Big (X+Z). I think, geographically speaking, they would bring more spirit to the Western expanse of the conference since fans would be traveling more frequently within the Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area.

There isn't anything wrong with ISU. The problem is that they bring nothing that would increase the money gained from TV contracts.

• Fire 1

I hate to say it like this...but who gives a **** about Iowa St?

How soon they forget!!

uh...

many of you did in Lincoln just a matter of months ago.

I think there is still an "L" next to that game on your 2009 calendar. :LOLtartar

Lets call it a going away present

ISU is money in the bank irrelevant.

Fixed it for you.

You're really reaching here... ISU has political clout, yet they're being allowed to swirl in the toilet to a rather nasty demise. OK, sure.

iSu will land somewhere..... whether it be MWC, MAC? SUN BELT or even WAC... hell if Boise State left they are looking at total WAC domination for the football team!!!!

That game was a fluke by anybody's standards. One fluke win against a relevant team does not make you a relevant team...

More like 4 flukes since, as I recall, the Clones won in football, twice in basketball and in wrestling against the Huskers last year. I think you took us in men's gymnastics though...

Or was it eight flukes as in the eight seperate times you turned the ball over against our "pathetic" defense while your mighty defense forced, what, ZERO turnovers against ISU's second string QB who was starting his first college game ever?

Meanwhile...with the ranking member of the Senate finance committee as a fan of ISU and who has mentioned taking away college football's tax exempt status if you piss him off enough and with a sitting president who likes Iowa because it gave him his first primary win and paved the way for him to ruin the country, ISU is money in the bank.

Well, like I said in another thread, we will get a chance to redeem ourselves from that mess of a game before we ride off into the Big 10 sunset. So enjoy it for now until we meet in the Fall and all will/should be right with the world again.

Why all the hate for ISU?? Is that all the love we give for a ol' Big 8 school? As an Iowa boy, it would sadden me to see State get kicked to the side in all this mess. It only gives delusional hawkeye fans even more to gloat about around here... If the Big 10 has Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota,Illinois etc... if you want to nit pick bottom feeders, then ISU should fit in right beside them.

How does ISU make it through the crucible? They are ranked basically the same academically as Iowa (less liberal arts, more science) and have a good basketball team and sort of competent football team. It would be cool if they were one of the teams added to the Big (X+Z). I think, geographically speaking, they would bring more spirit to the Western expanse of the conference since fans would be traveling more frequently within the Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area.

Huh? Good basketball? Competent football?

But ISUs biggest problem is that the B10 already owns Iowa. What little media is Iowa is already in the Hawkeyes backpocket. Increasing revenue with the BTN wouldn't happen at all. (Kinda the same with Pittsburgh)

This.

ISU doesn't put dollar signs in your eyes when you think of their football team and the B10 already owns the Iowa markets. The most doesn't add anything to the B10 and would be more of a pity pick up than anything else.

i said this elsewhere, and will say it again. ISU, KSU, and KU should just drop football and join a basketball conference. it would be much easier for them to save some face.

edit: and Cy, that little quip about the president ruining the country, yes i noticed, and in case you didn't notice, the country was already ruined when he took office. now, i don't want to make this about politics, but i had to respond to that and that will be all from me on the subject in this thread, i said my piece, or peace, whichever.