Nebraska/Kansas

If the B10 wants 2 teams from the west and wait for ND or grab a Rutgers or something why think about Mizz? If I were thinking about the money the big 2 sports bring, why not grab the Huskers and the Jayhawks. Nebraska brings nothing to the table with its basketball program, but Kansas would bring decades of success in that dept. And vice versa in the football dept. Which may be moot if KU and KSU are a package deal.

Just my thoughts

Notre Dame should be priority #1. The Big 10 started this revolution, but it looks like the Pac 10 may end up adding UT, aTm, and OU...I'd say the Pac 10 got the better end of that. Like Herby said on CFB live yesterday, if the Big 10 doesn't get ND then they've got egg on their face.

Kansas is a crown jewel in basketball so maybe that alone keeps them alive for a Big 10 bid in future? I would take Kansas over Mizzou as Kansas is so rich with basketball tradition and their football is getting better. Kansas vs Indiana in basketball would be a great rivalry. I am good with where we are at with 12 teams in the new Big 10...many awesome games to look forward to! But in future it would be awesome to see Notre Dame come in as an east school and good old Kansas as a west school...I think around 14 teams is most you want to go with and have 7 in each division...you play your division 6 games and 3 from the other division...end with a conference championship...you could do it geographically like this:

West:

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Kansas (future)

East:

Michigan

Michigan St.

Ohio St.

Penn St.

Purdue

Indiana

Notre Dame (future)

Jayhawk, I am pulling for you! :thumbs

Kansas is a crown jewel in basketball so maybe that alone keeps them alive for a Big 10 bid in future? I would take Kansas over Mizzou as Kansas is so rich with basketball tradition and their football is getting better. Kansas vs Indiana in basketball would be a great rivalry. I am good with where we are at with 12 teams in the new Big 10...many awesome games to look forward to! But in future it would be awesome to see Notre Dame come in as an east school and good old Kansas as a west school...I think around 14 teams is most you want to go with and have 7 in each division...you play your division 6 games and 3 from the other division...end with a conference championship...you could do it geographically like this:

West:

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Kansas (future)

East:

Michigan

Michigan St.

Ohio St.

Penn St.

Purdue

Indiana

Notre Dame (future)

Kansas vs. Indiana? How about Kansas vs. Michigan State, now that is more like it.

West:

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Kansas (future)

East:

Michigan

Michigan St.

Ohio St.

Penn St.

Purdue

Indiana

Notre Dame (future)

Kansas vs. Indiana? How about Kansas vs. Michigan State, now that is more like it.

That works too! But Indiana has more championships than either of them despite not winning it all since 1987.

Well maybe I would have some sympathy towards the Jayhawks if it wasn’t always NU out on the limb by themselves against the rest of the Big 12 in just about every vote. From the first issue with the non-qualifiers to the revenue sharing and the location of the CCG it was always Nebraska being the lone dissenting vote. And every time the Big 12 North “brothers” voted against NU. And every one of those votes would have been beneficial to the rest of the north, particularly the state of Kansas.

KU, K-St, and Iowa St want to label NU as greedy and Osborne seeking to exploit some sort of revenge by leaving but I look at it differently.

I’m glad the chains are broken and look forward to 2011 and away from the other Big 12 schools (hopefully)

I think Mizzou would have far more to offer than KU ever would...for one thing they offer the television market of not only KC, but the rest of Missouri including St. Louis. They also offer a natural border rivalry with not only Nebraska, but Iowa and Illinois. Let's face it, other than basketball, KU really don't offer that much financially or academically.

Texas is going to the Pac 10, that will be official Tuesday. A&M will either be in the SEC (most likely), or go to the Pac 10 if the gov keeps them melded at the hip to Texas.

The only way that I see the Big 10 doing anymore expansion for now is IF ND decides to come in, otherwise they would have to take two more teams to keep it even numbers...and I don't see that happening right now unless there is talk that the Big East and the ACC are going to come together and create a super conference, which ND might be interested in, so the Big Ten would would court probably Rutgers or Maryland to entice Notre Dame to go to the Big Ten rather than what ever the ACC/Big East would become. I think Rutgers will be in, mainly because it would bring the NY/NJ television market with it. Maryland would also be attractive because of it's ability to bring Philly/Baltimore/Washington areas. But my bet would be on Rutgers.

If the Big East/ACC don't make any moves for now, then I see the Big Ten being content for now just having the Huskers, to bring the number to 12. The SEC could force action in the ACC/Big East if it started looking to expand in that direction, which is a possibility, since the SEC has made statements in the last day or so saying they weren't just going to stand pat. Not sure if that meant they were looking for A&M/Texas/Oklahoma/OSU or what...but it sounds like three of the four have eyes for the PAC 10, which to me makes no sense, if they could go to the SEC. Makes you wonder what they are thinking, unless they are thinking that the PAC 10 would offer weaker competition, and they don't want to have to deal with the SEC schedule. Also, I don't think the PAC 10 is all that concerned about getting A&M since it already has CU, A&M would bring it to an odd number which means they would have to look for another team soon.

Don't be surprised if once the southern division teams find homes things slow down for a while...there is really no reason for anyone to panic...but if the SEC does go into expansion mode, expect many more changes to come.

Missouri has a lot of egg on it's face right now after basically being rejected thus far by the Big Ten...IMHO, after going after the Big Ten so openly and using them to try and leverage the Big 12. It may have been that arrogance that the Big Ten didn't like, who knows.