Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

Frankly...who cares? Nebraska called all the shots in the Big 8 under Devaney and under Osbourne as far as football was concerned. What they deemed to be good for Nebraska was deemed to be good for the rest of the schools whether they liked it or not. Now, Texas is calling all the shots. What's the difference whether it's Texas or Nebraska telling everybody else what to do? Here at ISU we think we'll be getting more money AND a we buy a little time to shop around for another conference when this one implodes.

Fixed it. Don't believe it until it's in writing.

Frankly...who cares? Nebraska called all the shots in the Big 8 under Devaney and under Osbourne as far as football was concerned. What they deemed to be good for Nebraska was deemed to be good for the rest of the schools whether they liked it or not. Now, Texas is calling all the shots. What's the difference whether it's Texas or Nebraska telling everybody else what to do? Here at ISU we'll be getting more money AND a we buy a little time to shop around for another conference when this one implodes.

Err.... what? Seriously, where are you getting this stuff? If anyone ruled the Big 8 it was Oklahoma, not Nebraska. But that's off the mark, too. The Big 8 was far more of a group effort than the Big 12.

This post is entirely revisionist history and not in keeping with the kind of stuff I expect from you, Cy. :blink:

Frankly...who cares? Nebraska called all the shots in the Big 8 under Devaney and under Osbourne as far as football was concerned. What they deemed to be good for Nebraska was deemed to be good for the rest of the schools whether they liked it or not. Now, Texas is calling all the shots. What's the difference whether it's Texas or Nebraska telling everybody else what to do? Here at ISU we think we'll be getting more money AND a we buy a little time to shop around for another conference when this one implodes.

I think all nine of the other teams, other than Texass is going to be disappointed when the "real" numbers come out on what they are getting. Frankly, I think Texass has sold something that they will never see happen. Then watch them run for the doors, if they already haven't.

Wow, one bitter post on the anti NU side, and the whole thing goes in the crapper on both sides... I think a lot of people are caught up in the moment and a feeling the need to justify themselves. The smack hurling is not really becoming of anyone.

All I can say is that insulting others to make yourself feel better is childish and is not productive, unless of course those others are from KU/Mizzou fans, in which case it is a sworn duty to insult each other...

• Fire 3

There's no insulting intended...just stating facts. The other 9 teams in the Big 12 were sold as slaves to Texas. You guys were enticed with additional money (that has yet to be set in stone) and you guys feel justified in staying. That's fine. What's good for the goose (remaining 9 teams) isn't always good for the gander (NU). Texas achieved what it set out to do: eliminate Nebraska from the Conference to create its own conference.

There's no insulting intended...just stating facts. The other 9 teams in the Big 12 were sold as slaves to Texas. You guys were enticed with additional money (that has yet to be set in stone) and you guys feel justified in staying. That's fine. What's good for the goose (remaining 9 teams) isn't always good for the gander (NU). Texas achieved what it set out to do: eliminate Nebraska from the Conference to create its own conference.

I agree. Some one in another thread from one of the north 4 teams said it was a delaying tactic for them so they can come up with a plan. Short term good plan, long term ??

Just remember it is Texas saying "Trust me", which just so happens to be what British Petr. said to the gov't

I don't believe that it was Texass' intention to eliminate Nebraska, I believe that they were using Nebraska as their excuse to escape to the Pac 10, thinking they could go over their and get whatever they demanded, and were shot down.

Then, and only then, did they make a quick 180 back to the Big 12 "concerned" about the teams that were being left behind to "save" the Big 12. Funny thing is that they also got KU, ISU, and KSU to hand over any monies derived from Nebraska and CU leaving. That was being really concerned about those schools, wasn't it? Those schools could have used that money, if they ever actually get it anyway, a hell of a lot more than Texass could. That is just how concerned Texass was, and how concerned they are about the long term viability of the Big 12.

They are only here to rape and pillage it as long as they can, while they get their precious network set up so that they can go to where ever they go next and tell them that their network is already set up, and there is no sense in them taking it apart to be part of a conference network. Trust me, Texass has no intention on staying in the Big 12, it is too weak - as shown by it's "almost collapse" because of Nebraska leaving. If one or two teams leaving can cause a 12 team conference to nearly collapse around itself and make the remaining strong schools scurry to the door, it is a WEAK conference.

Texass is only looking out for Texass. They could give a rat's behind about the rest of the Big 12, trust me. And as long as they are not interested in joining as or being an equal member in any conference, they are scum of the earth. I don't care what markets they think they have, I would make them the last team that I would invite to a conference. I would invite the Oklahoma teams, and any other Texas team that could bring something along, but I would be damned if I would ever invite a school that is as self-centered and full of themselves as Texass is.

How does it feel to be whored out by your AD?

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

All I can say is don't let the door hit ya.

Oops...thought I was replying to something relevant. Never mind.

How does it feel to be whored out by your AD?

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

All I can say is don't let the door hit ya.

Oops...thought I was replying to something relevant. Never mind.

:LOLtartar you mean...gee, is this sour grapes or what? And I would also add that reality don't see a strong point of anyone that is staying with Texass and thinking they are getting a fair, or even a good deal. The only ones to make out on this deal are the people in Austin - namely Texass, and Beebe. Texass gets all the marbles, and Beebe keeps his job (for now).

Agreed. How in the name of Callahan's dead brain cells can these Big 12 teams that aren't named Texass be so confident about this 'money' and 'TV deal'?!

This has been brought up, but you can't convince me that Beebe just dreamed this up and got all the pieces of the ultimate conference TV money deal put together in a couple of days when he was so clueless just before this to be able to salvage a serious threat of the entire conference collapsing and losing two schools?

Some people in the Big 12 are gonna be pretty pissed when they realize that what they think is their chauffered stretch limo that's driving them to the bank is really a Ford Pinto being rear-ended into a nitroglycerin plant.

Agreed. How in the name of Callahan's dead brain cells can these Big 12 teams that aren't named Texass be so confident about this 'money' and 'TV deal'?!

This has been brought up, but you can't convince me that Beebe just dreamed this up and got all the pieces of the ultimate conference TV money deal put together in a couple of days when he was so clueless just before this to be able to salvage a serious threat of the entire conference collapsing and losing two schools?

Some people in the Big 12 are gonna be pretty pissed when they realize that what they think is their chauffered stretch limo that's driving them to the bank is really a Ford Pinto being rear-ended into a nitroglycerin plant.

One thing that nobody is mentioning about that TV deal: If the conference TV deal is so fantastic and going to make everyone so rich, why is Texass still looking to start their own TV network? Hmmm.... Are people really that stupid in the Big Texas +9 Conference? :laughpound