More fuel to the fire for 10/16/10

Read some of the post on their board, whew pretty brutal.

I just hope when this season is over, that we have beaten them twice, if need be. Going out as the Big-12 champ, would be the best ending to our stay in the conference. Leave us with bragging rights till we meet again, someday. With just a little better Q/B play, that should happen.

GBR!!!

Yeah it's pretty easy to kick a dog when it's down. I for one think texass ducked the big 10, pac 10 and sec. They had excuses not to go to each but I think it's pretty obvious that Mack is a good recruiter/decent coach at best. One national title with all that talent year in and out...All the games in the series between texass and Nebraska (since big12 formed) were close except the 99 title game (22-6 NU...after the fumble return for a touchdown late in the game) and 03 where Texas took care of us in Austin. And we had two of our worst teams in the last 50 years...02, 07....

So yeah....not impressed with texass as a football program of the big12. They've had a solid record but the only thing separating them from ....say...virginia tech is one national title.

I'm glad Nebraska is stepping up to the plate to get into a conference with more competition instead of ducking it like texass does.

ROLL FREAKIN' TIDE :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

boo hoo we woulda won if the real mccoy woulda been there. Being Suh's bitch took too much outa him, poor soul. Beware the ides. well of october :rollin

GBR

Bama prolly glad they didn't have to face SUH, just the Texas wasteland boys.

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards arrogance, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

True, we probably started out as the 3rd choice until Delaney talked with you. He talked a lot about similar values and goals are required in a successful conference.PAC 10 wouldn't bend over for you, and you couldn't take the heat of the SEC (yet aTm would have, ain't that interesting?) And its true that Notre Dame was their first choice, but you won't see Husker posters on their boards saying "Nya, nya we got what we wanted. You are so weak." like say, anticornholer

How is it cheating if we were following the league rules, which the members of the old SWC rarely did, Mr.Four major NCAA infractions?

And leaves Texas as the 10th out of 10 schools in classiness

If so, why are you killing so many electrons coming to our board upset that we are leaving?

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

all right, then why do you care that we are leaving? why are you here? why do you care about us or what we think?

say what you will about our 'string' in the 90's, sure does beat your 'string' in '05. we can handle our truth just fine, your truth is this; for all the talent that you have had and your ‘dominant’ teams, you only have one mnc in the last 40 years, and mack brown has only won 2 big 12 championships in his tenure. We know we have been bad in the past decade, we can accept that, but can you accept your team’s relative ineptitude? And if you think we are ‘totally jealous of texas’, then you are the delusional one.

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

that's because it wasn't a bogus second

You're right the second that was ADDED wasn't bogus, you got it because you're Texas right? Because you were SUPPOSED to go to the title game right? I don't know I could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. Unless you're Texas of course...

it's hilarious that you guys still believe that the wrong call was made. didn't the same thing happen to you in the orange bowl against florida state, except your kicked shanked the field goal? i guess that time was put back on because you're nebraska right? because you were supposed to win the national title right? i don't know i could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. unless you're nebraska of course...or it could just be a lazy clock operator?

every other fanbase in the country agrees that the correct call was made. the media, who we all know loves controversy, never once acted like the wrong call was made. FACT: the ball hit the rail with 00:01 left in the game. the officials made the correct decision, and you guys need to move on.

the same thing happened on the last play of the first half of the chic-fil-a bowl, and virginia tech got a field goal out of it. the only difference is tennessee fans didn't lose their minds. they realized the correct call was made, and got over it. you should try it sometime.

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

You're right the second that was ADDED wasn't bogus, you got it because you're Texas right? Because you were SUPPOSED to go to the title game right? I don't know I could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. Unless you're Texas of course...

it's hilarious that you guys still believe that the wrong call was made. didn't the same thing happen to you in the orange bowl against florida state, except your kicked shanked the field goal? i guess that time was put back on because you're nebraska right? because you were supposed to win the national title right? i don't know i could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. unless you're nebraska of course...or it could just be a lazy clock operator?

every other fanbase in the country agrees that the correct call was made. the media, who we all know loves controversy, never once acted like the wrong call was made. FACT: the ball hit the rail with 00:01 left in the game. the officials made the correct decision, and you guys need to move on.

the same thing happened on the last play of the first half of the chic-fil-a bowl, and virginia tech got a field goal out of it. the only difference is tennessee fans didn't lose their minds. they realized the correct call was made, and got over it. you should try it sometime.

And everybody is supposed to bow donw to you because your texas right? See you on October 16th and have a nice day.

first of all, yes the ball hit the railing with one second left...but when they put back time on the clock in the fsu game the refs got together and did it on their own...it was such and error they didn't need replay...they all knew that there was an error...and we missed the kick...at least we were within a field goal (cough alabama cough)...and nobody on the tennessee didn't care cuz they got their sh#t tossed...i know after a whoppin like that i would walk away and not say another word...oh no VT gets another three points i am pissed...we should have only lose by 20...

texas is the worst 'dominant' program ever...one national title in the last ten years and only 2 big twelve titles...your DIVISIONAL mates have 6 conference titles and one national title...your not even the best team from you division...well ever in the big twelve...oh wait...your the best in the south from 2009-2009

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

first of all, yes the ball hit the railing with one second left...but when they put back time on the clock in the fsu game the refs got together and did it on their own...it was such and error they didn't need replay...they all knew that there was an error...and we missed the kick...at least we were within a field goal (cough alabama cough)...and nobody on the tennessee didn't care cuz they got their sh#t tossed...i know after a whoppin like that i would walk away and not say another word...oh no VT gets another three points i am pissed...we should have only lose by 20...

texas is the worst 'dominant' program ever...one national title in the last ten years and only 2 big twelve titles...your DIVISIONAL mates have 6 conference titles and one national title...your not even the best team from you division...well ever in the big twelve...oh wait...your the best in the south from 2009-2009

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

In the FSU game, Mik'l Severe (LSU fan/radio personality) said that our ball carrier's (I don't remember if it was Tommie or a wr/te) knee hit with 4 seconds left on the clock. And the refs got together and make that call, not the conference commissioner who is a grad of the school that was down and needed extra time to get a shot a winning the game.

I remember the 98 Rose Bowl, when WSU's Ryan Leaf spiked the ball at UM's 35 with .02 left on the clock, and the refs let the clock run out. touche

I will give shortwhorn fan this: I have heard SOME of the national media say that that 1 second should go back on the clock while others agree that the game should have been over. I guess that in typical shortwhorn fashion, the national media that he refers to is only the national media inside the borders of the republic of Texa$$, or the ones who are shortwhorn backers.

On a side note: I recently joined shaggybevo, but those tough, hard-@$$, no-nonsense, butt-kicking Nexans won't let you post! Just as their gutless program is scared of going to the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 or playing us again, their gutless pukes of fans won't let anyone refute the garbage the spew. No big loss, the intellect and class displayed on that board makes a frat house or a junior high locker room seem classy and sophisticated.

Nebraska Fans: I do think we all need to eat a little humble pie. The 1-8 record against Texas is horrible. People need to get beyond our lowest point because we would have played for a NC in 96' had we not lost to Texas. If memory serves me correctly, we finished #2 or #3 in the country in 99'. And, we did play for a NC in 2001. The leads me to believe that for quite a few years in there we were not at our lowest point in football history.

Texas Fans: The academic standards you speak of are true. Nebraska did allow Prop. 48 students into the university. We did fight for the right to continue to do so when the Big 12 was formed. However, there was absolutely nothing illegal or cheating about allowing these students into the University. Considering many schools win without Prop. 48 players, I'm not sure where you are coming from saying we can't win without partial qualifiers. How many partial qualifiers did we even have on the team in 2001 when we played for a NC? I'm not exactly sure where our irrelevance comes from considering Nebraska is tied with Texas for the second most appearances in the Big 12 Championship Game. It appears to me we're about even. Since the Big 12 formed, both Texas and Nebraska have each won a NC. Both teams have played for a NC twice. Both teams have appeared in the Big 12 Championship 5 times. It would appear to me that Nebraska is as relevant as Texas since the Big 12 was formed.

Nebraska Fans: I do think we all need to eat a little humble pie. The 1-8 record against Texas is horrible. People need to get beyond our lowest point because we would have played for a NC in 96' had we not lost to Texas. If memory serves me correctly, we finished #2 or #3 in the country in 99'. And, we did play for a NC in 2001. The leads me to believe that for quite a few years in there we were not at our lowest point in football history.

Texas Fans: The academic standards you speak of are true. Nebraska did allow Prop. 48 students into the university. We did fight for the right to continue to do so when the Big 12 was formed. However, there was absolutely nothing illegal or cheating about allowing these students into the University. Considering many schools win without Prop. 48 players, I'm not sure where you are coming from saying we can't win without partial qualifiers. How many partial qualifiers did we even have on the team in 2001 when we played for a NC? I'm not exactly sure where our irrelevance comes from considering Nebraska is tied with Texas for the second most appearances in the Big 12 Championship Game. It appears to me we're about even. Since the Big 12 formed, both Texas and Nebraska have each won a NC. Both teams have played for a NC twice. Both teams have appeared in the Big 12 Championship 5 times. It would appear to me that Nebraska is as relevant as Texas since the Big 12 was formed.

Ouch! All I hear from the Texa$$ fans is that the truth hurts. That is the truth right there.