Not so fast....

huKSer

Yeah the feel good moment of having a home wore off pretty quick...

the whole thing reminds me of an ebay auction...somebody outbids you with a minute left...you were so used to the thought of winning that item that you take a ten second pause before bidding way higher than you originally intended. You win...feel great but soon sit there wondering why you paid so much...

Yeah the feel good moment of having a home wore off pretty quick...

the whole thing reminds me of an ebay auction...somebody outbids you with a minute left...you were so used to the thought of winning that item that you take a ten second pause before bidding way higher than you originally intended. You win...feel great but soon sit there wondering why you paid so much...

I had the problem for awhile. Then I would get it in the mail and I would be constantly telling myself,"That a-whole ripped me off." When in all reality I did it to myself.

I hope MIzzou and KState arent the only ones having 2nd thoughts.

I wanna see the Big 12 blowup like a nuclear bomb.

Word is that the Big East was going to make a move on the remaining teams. Ya the logistics of being in an eastern con would suck but at-least they wouldn't have been hit with second-class citizen status. Neither option is very good.

I heard on College Football live last night or night before, that the Big East was looking Memphis and UCF to join the conference. The reason being in case the ACC or BigTen rated their conference and take 2 more teams.

But I wouldnt read too much into it, seems a little far fetched.

Well, assuming a decent TV does arrive and the Northern Big 12-2 teams get a decent cut albeit less than UT, OU, ATM, what kind of dollars would it be worth for those teams to seek out membership in another conference? Sure it stinks that they are at a severe disadvantage as far as bargaining and power, but what kind of a pay cut is it worth?

As a hypothetical, let's assume that KU, KSU, Iowa State, and Mizzou decide to join the Mountain West and it is granted BCS conference status. While those four schools are given significant bargaining leverage within their league, let's say they make $3-5 million less per year from TV $ and conference revenue sharing, and they are perceived as a lesser conference because they lack a traditional football power school (aside from Boise State/TCU which are very tough sells). Is it worth it to get out of the Texas shadow?

I think it's an interesting question, and I can see both sides. I guess the answer depends on what a school can do with heightened power within its conference, and what rewards can be gained from that status (for example gate revenues may go up thanks to winning seasons (which is always a gamble to bet on) and donations could be affected. In any case I don't envy the position of those Northern schools. They have some serious calls to make.