DE Lake Koa-Ka'ai

GMoose

JP once again living the hard life. January in Nebraska where the highs might not get to 20 the next couple of weeks and oh what's this a trip out to Hawaii? I guess, if you want me to Bo.

Seriously though, I still see Lake heading to the Ducks. If he was such a high priority recruit, the staff would hit him up like they are doing with Peat. I think they know as well this kid is sticking on the west coast.

JB if you read this board PM.... we should cruise... its hot as hell today and no trade winds and i'm sure you'd like to cruise up some chill beaches minus the crowds... unless your into half naked chicks all over the place... we can do that too...

just let me know...

LKK can come too

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Guys if he wanted to 'stay on the west coast' Nebraska wouldnt still be a finalist, let alone a top 2 finalist. He is obviously serious about becoming N.

By the way, why isnt he rated on rivals/espn/scout? Is it because of playing in Hawaii and lack of exposure? Would he be a 3 or a 4 star?

He's actually is rated by all 3 rivals (5.6 3 star), and scout (4 star), and ESPN (79).

Guys if he wanted to 'stay on the west coast' Nebraska wouldnt still be a finalist, let alone a top 2 finalist. He is obviously serious about becoming N.

By the way, why isnt he rated on rivals/espn/scout? Is it because of playing in Hawaii and lack of exposure? Would he be a 3 or a 4 star?

alot of the guys on the fooball team at the school i teach at are friendly with him and got the impression from him that he was heading west.... so i'm pretty stoked nebraska is still in the picture...... or in the final two but i still think Oregon might be his fav. BUT on the other hand i've been pretty wrong about this one from the start thanks to my so call

17 year old high school sources

:LOLtartar

Don't take my post wrong, I am stoked that NU is in his final two. However, I still will be shocked if he chooses NU. All along there has been a west coast flavor to his recuitment with NU being the exception. His visit here was "great" in his words, but the same was said after he went to Eugene. The Ducks however have a huge plus going for them with a strong Polynesian community on campus and within the team. Some recruits say that doesn't make that much of a difference for them, but I actually believe it plays more into the decision than they may let on.

The other big factor I believe will be the fact, as irieboy has pointed out a lot, is the availibility of West Coast games on TV. His family probably would love to see him, and unless they have a dish provider and subscribe to the Big Ten Network, this will probably be easier as a Duck.

Again don't get me wrong, I probably give a fistpump if he signs with NU. However, I see it about 90-10% Quack Attack and their fishing lure uniforms.

Didn't this kid want to commit to us back in October? Maybe the coaches are waiting out Joseph Carter who now says he's waiting until signing day to make his decision, which means he's waiting for a South Carolina offer, but if we wait too long on Lake this kid could be gone if we don't make the decsion just to jump on board with him and then bring in Carter as well.

Didn't this kid want to commit to us back in October? Maybe the coaches are waiting out Joseph Carter who now says he's waiting until signing day to make his decision, which means he's waiting for a South Carolina offer, but if we wait too long on Lake this kid could be gone if we don't make the decsion just to jump on board with him and then bring in Carter as well.

Yeah even on the Buffs board there is mention that Lake tried to commit to the Huskers but he is on hold until a decision comes from Carter.

Yeah even on the Buffs board there is mention that Lake tried to commit to the Huskers but he is on hold until a decision comes from Carter.

I find the "tried to commit" comment very hard to believe. I see Lake as an Oregon lean. If he wanted to commit, the NU coaches would gladly accept it. I know we are limited with schollies but Lake is worth one. Just a hunch though.

I find the "tried to commit" comment very hard to believe. I see Lake as an Oregon lean. If he wanted to commit, the NU coaches would gladly accept it. I know we are limited with schollies but Lake is worth one. Just a hunch though.

i think LKK would have blown us off if he tried to committ and we said 'hold off' for a bit.. the kids got to many other options... so was JP coming out to hawaii a chance for him to get on his knees and beg LKK to still hold off knowing we'd having something... or was it JP getting on his knees and ask LKK to committ finally and become a husker... thinks it the later....

i don't know what happened, but i wonder if this is one of those where the kid wanted to commit while visiting and the coaches told him to take his time, talk to his folks and make sure first. i doubt we are (or were) slow playing him.

Ditto. Didn't Lake visit before we were even in that much with Carter? Yeah Lake visited in October and Carter came with Stafford for the Buff game. All the serious talk about Carter started up a little before his visit. Carter has been committed to Zona since last March. I think there may have been other DE guys the coaches may have been hoping to land but, I am with SkerChicago and say if he wanted to commit it would have been acccepted. Still think he is a Duck.