Roy Helu Jr

I am going to have to say that no, he isn't one of the greatest. Good, yes. At times, very good. But there have been some studs here that could take over games. Helu hasn't shown the consistent ability to do so. We'll see how this year goes, but I think he is a guy that will get mentioned as a good Husker back, but at this time is not in the Rozier/Green/Phillips conversation yet.

Another thing to keep in mind.

Roy has showed up against big teams (when healthy). In '08 against Oklahoma he had 16 rushes for 157, against Kansas he had 16 rushes for 115, against Colorado he had 25 for 166, etc. In '09, Against Va Tech, he had 28 for 169, against Oklahoma he had 20 for 138, and against Kansas he had 28 for 156. A lot of those were back to back (sometimes to back) games as well. When you get this guy rolling he is really hard to stop, I look forward to seeing the best Roy Helu Jr. we have seen yet.

main question i have is.....are there 2 carlfences???

I just registered here a little while ago and have never registered on this forum before. I must be a different carlfence. Why is the other guy not here anymore?

Oh . . . I'm still here. From your posts in this thread you are like my uncynical and optimistic alter ego.

I just registered here a little while ago and have never registered on this forum before. I must be a different carlfence. Why is the other guy not here anymore?

Oh . . . I'm still here. From your posts in this thread you are like my uncynical and optimistic alter ego.

Did alternate universes just collide?

No, I just misspelled my username. :facepalm:

Oh well!

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

I remember when reading HB was fun, this is confusing and scary. Please somebody make the confusion go away???

If he stays healthy and ends up 4th on the All Time chart I don’t think that makes him an “All Time Great”.

Marlon Lucky is 4th for career All Purpose yards behind The Jet, Rozier and Ahman. Do people around here consider him to be an “All Time Great”? I don’t think they do.

What if the huskers win a mnc or play for one?

I'm pretty sure that a 1200+ year for Helu and if he were a heisman finalist ( unlikely ) that people would consider him a great running back. Hardware does a wonderful job of changing people's perceptions of a good back into a great one. Hopefully his season is better than Lucky's final one.. remember he had a lot of hype too.

Oh well!

Oh snap. Seems we have quite the conundrum...rock-paper-scissors for the screen name? Loser changes their name to "Maudfense".

Alright, go in 3...2...1...

:snacks:

Oh well!

Oh snap. Seems we have quite the conundrum...rock-paper-scissors for the screen name? Loser changes their name to "Maudfense".

Hey . . . I stole this name from Matt Schick long before this guy did. :)

Oh well!

Hey . . . I stole this name from Matt Schick long before this guy did. :)

True. Seniority rules.

Looks like new Carlfence has to change his name. :cheers