Receivers

I hear alot about niles paul.. and im just a bit disgusted. I think that he isnt even close to our best receiver. I look back at last years games and the spring game and see that a healthy kinnie and a 6ft 6 henry with a splash of mcneil who is as sure handed as anyone will be our top recievers this year. i think paul will have a hand in what we are doing but i dont think he is our #1 guy imo.

no offense but i think you are crazy.

Kinnie is mostly unproven, a good catch or 2 in the spring game does not make a good receiver. Mcneil was a good TE but hasnt played a down as receiver yet. Henry is 6'6" and thats about it, what has he proven.

Paul is by far our best receiver and i dont think anyone is going to dethrone him this season either. Kinnie has a chance but i just dont see it. Paul gets better separation than the rest and minus mcneil has better hands than the rest as well as route running, there is really no one else close.

• Fire 1

no offense but i think you are crazy.

Kinnie is mostly unproven, a good catch or 2 in the spring game does not make a good receiver. Mcneil was a good TE but hasnt played a down as receiver yet. Henry is 6'6" and thats about it, what has he proven.

Paul is by far our best receiver and i dont think anyone is going to dethrone him this season either. Kinnie has a chance but i just dont see it. Paul gets better separation than the rest and minus mcneil has better hands than the rest as well as route running, there is really no one else close.

Agree

I think we have a lot of talent at receiver right now...

Niles Paul is rated as one of the top players coming out of college this next year at the receiver position. There is a VERY good chance he will be drafted somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds.

Brandon Kinnie came on strong at the end of the season last year. Once he got his routes and the playbook down he really started to shine. I think he's gonna do big things this fall... and he'll be here next year to add to it.

Mike McNeill has lost some weight, gained some speed, and we all know he can catch and run routes well. I think the fact that he is a dual threat at the TE position and WR position will allow us to run some offenses that disguise our plays. I also forsee him have the ball in his hands a lot this season.

Stanley Jean Baptiste is going to be a good one... he'll sit out the first half of the season and then get playing time the second half of the season... look for him to have a year like Kinnie did last year and come on strong at the end of this season.

Quincy Enunwa is also going to be great... he was a steal of last years recruiting class and was underrated as a recruit. He was just getting comfortable with the game and the position his senior year of high school and really impressed by the end of the year. I see him red shirting this year and then being a contributor next year and a starter his sophomore year.

I don't see Currenski Gillyean, Khiry Cooper, Will Henry, Antonio Bell, Kenny Bell, and Tyler Evans being great this year... the freshmen will redshirt, and the others will contribute some but I don't think they'll do anything amazing.

• Fire 1

Im not disagreeing that paul will have ann impact this year i just dont think he is the best we have. and of course we will see as the year progresses. I think he has come up big in spots and done very well. but then there were times that he just flat doesnt have his head in the game with dropped punts and passes.

Im not disagreeing that paul will have ann impact this year i just dont think he is the best we have. and of course we will see as the year progresses. I think he has come up big in spots and done very well. but then there were times that he just flat doesnt have his head in the game with dropped punts and passes.

he had a couple mental lapses but he carried our offense for the most part of the season. He never had a problem after iowa state game, he'll do very well next year

Stanley Jean Baptiste is a 2011 Recruit isn't he?

Paul emerged last season after a LOT of struggles early, and a national scouting service ranked him THE #1 Senior Wide Receiver in the nation. People have been all over Henry for being 6'6 since he got there but honestly, what good does that do you.

I'm hoping this is the year Cure gets over the hump like Paul did last year (minus the game-costing awful plays) and finally shines like the talent he's always supposed to have been.

Stanley Jean Baptiste is a 2011 Recruit isn't he?

Paul emerged last season after a LOT of struggles early, and a national scouting service ranked him THE #1 Senior Wide Receiver in the nation. People have been all over Henry for being 6'6 since he got there but honestly, what good does that do you.

I'm hoping this is the year Cure gets over the hump like Paul did last year (minus the game-costing awful plays) and finally shines like the talent he's always supposed to have been.

He's a 4 for 4 player.

Niles Paul is rated as one of the top players coming out of college this next year at the receiver position. There is a VERY good chance he will be drafted somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds.

Brandon Kinnie came on strong at the end of the season last year. Once he got his routes and the playbook down he really started to shine. I think he's gonna do big things this fall... and he'll be here next year to add to it.

Mike McNeill has lost some weight, gained some speed, and we all know he can catch and run routes well. I think the fact that he is a dual threat at the TE position and WR position will allow us to run some offenses that disguise our plays. I also forsee him have the ball in his hands a lot this season.

Stanley Jean Baptiste is going to be a good one... he'll sit out the first half of the season and then get playing time the second half of the season... look for him to have a year like Kinnie did last year and come on strong at the end of this season.

Quincy Enunwa is also going to be great... he was a steal of last years recruiting class and was underrated as a recruit. He was just getting comfortable with the game and the position his senior year of high school and really impressed by the end of the year. I see him red shirting this year and then being a contributor next year and a starter his sophomore year.

I don't see Currenski Gillyean, Khiry Cooper, Will Henry, Antonio Bell, Kenny Bell, and Tyler Evans being great this year... the freshmen will redshirt, and the others will contribute some but I don't think they'll do anything amazing.

Of these, based on past performance I would rank

1) McNeill

2) Paul

3) Kinnie

4) Gillyean

5) rest

Ill take that bet

i will make a friendly wager that paul doesnt get drafted in the first 4 rds. i could be off kilter and obviously unpopular on this subject but im willing to stick my neck out to make this statement.

me too...he will go in the third or fourth round...and mcneil was completely underutilized last year...i think he could get back to some high production numbers if we use him correctly

Solid post! I'm with you on the majority of your picks. Niles Paul is arguably one of the top five wideouts going in to next season. I also think Brandon Kinnie is very good. I think he has the size and talent to play in the NFL someday. Khiry Cooper's routes are fluent and he has very good hands which is why i feel he'll be a pretty good player for us. My fourth choice at wideout is Quincy Enunwa. I have a really good feeling about him. I feel that he can contribute this year.

I think the depth chart could look something like this:

Z: Niles Paul, Antonio Bell, Joe Broekemeier

X: Brandon Kinnie, Quincy Enunwa, Tim Marlowe

Y: Khiry Cooper, Will Henry, Stanley Jean-Baptiste

H: Mike McNeil, Currenski Gilleylen, KC Hyland

Solid post! I'm with you on the majority of your picks. Niles Paul is arguably one of the top five wideouts going in to next season. I also think Brandon Kinnie is very good. I think he has the size and talent to play in the NFL someday. Khiry Cooper's routes are fluent and he has very good hands which is why i feel he'll be a pretty good player for us. My fourth choice at wideout is Quincy Enunwa. I have a really good feeling about him. I feel that he can contribute this year.

I think the depth chart could look something like this:

Z: Niles Paul, Antonio Bell, Joe Broekemeier

X: Brandon Kinnie, Quincy Enunwa, Tim Marlowe

Y: Khiry Cooper, Will Henry, Stanley Jean-Baptiste

H: Mike McNeil, Currenski Gilleylen, KC Hyland

If Paul can consistantly play up to the level he is capable of and not make bonehead mistakes, he is easily one the top 10 receivers, possibly top 5.