The greatest football player to face the Huskers in Lincoln?

well....considering he has been voted the greatest college player of all time....i would have to say Red Grange is the greatest player to ever face the huskers in Lincoln

I was going to research all of the old timers - four horse faces of Notre Lame. I didn't know NU played Illinoise while Grange was there

well....considering he has been voted the greatest college player of all time....i would have to say Red Grange is the greatest player to ever face the huskers in Lincoln

I was going to research all of the old timers - four horse faces of Notre Lame. I didn't know NU played Illinoise while Grange was there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1924_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_team

both Illinois with grange and Notre Dame with the 4 horsmen came to lincoln in 1924

Grange, then Sanders. Lee Roy Selmon has to be up there too. Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Vince Young, Ricky Williams, Deion Sanders, Keith Jackson, the Boz...lots of great college players!

If he hadn't been such a head case, Marcus Dupree might've been up there too. He played in the "bouncearoosky" game of 1982. We hit him hard all game long, then suddenly he broke free for an 86 yard TD.

Curt Warner had a huge game against us, in 1979, I think?

Grange, then Sanders. Lee Roy Selmon has to be up there too. Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Vince Young, Ricky Williams, Deion Sanders, Keith Jackson, the Boz...lots of great college players!

If he hadn't been such a head case, Marcus Dupree might've been up there too. He played in the "bouncearoosky" game of 1982. We hit him hard all game long, then suddenly he broke free for an 86 yard TD.

Curt Warner had a huge game against us, in 1979, I think?

I think you mean 1879