The greatest football player to face the Huskers in Lincoln?

Vince young wouldn't belong on this list even if he had played in Lincoln, or at least he wouldn't belong in the top ten. He was a great QB, but not that great.

The best player I ever watched play here was Barry Sanders. That guy was flat out amazing. But we still beat his butt every year.

Red Grange has to be in your top two. I never saw him, but by all accounts he was an incredible player.

Vince young wouldn't belong on this list even if he had played in Lincoln, or at least he wouldn't belong in the top ten. He was a great QB, but not that great.

The best player I ever watched play here was Barry Sanders. That guy was flat out amazing. But we still beat his butt every year.

Red Grange has to be in your top two. I never saw him, but by all accounts he was an incredible player.

True but back then Husker fans thought Ken Clark was a better runningback. :facepalm:

Well stats = greatness

Football player could range from middle school Pewee to NFL career.

The question was not "Greatest football player to face the Huskers and perform well in Lincoln"

every old man I talk to say they were at the game vs Sanders and they usually say they havn't seen anything better since.

oh and YES you're old.

Sam Keller!! There were many games where I thought that he was the best player on the other team!!

Wha....???? Keller was fine at Nebraska. He threw for 2,400 yards, 14 TDs and 10 INTs. Three years after this kid comes here, plays his heart out, behaves like a total class act, supports his team, and becomes Joe Ganz' biggest cheerleader after his injury, people still need to throw the guy under the bus? For what?

I have never understood the Keller hate. The coach made a decision to play him, so what was he supposed to do, say no? Sam Keller wasn't the problem on the 2007 team, not by a long shot.

• Fire 2