Clouds on the Horizon?

I think the comment might be more of a motivational tool to send a message to the QBs that no one is clear cut above the rest, even if Pelini himself does believe he has a starter already. Trying to get the most out of his players is what this coach and coaching staff is great at...well, at least on the defensive side of the ball. The offense is still somewhat of a question mark.

Our offensive staff has alot to prove this year, but they have the pieces in place to give me hope. I will be anxiously awaiting to see what they can do.

My biggest issue with ZLee is and always will be how long he takes to get rid of the ball. He works through his progressions about as fast as my handicapped Grandma would. If ZLee could get more comfortable in the pocket and stop staring down 1 receiver, he will be just fine and our offense will look a million times better.

Let's hope one of two things happen: 1) With a full season under his belt, Lee gains that comfort in the pocket and progresses through is reads quickly this year; 2) If Lee's not able to do that, Green/Spano/Washington/Martinez/Kellogg can.

My biggest issue with ZLee is and always will be how long he takes to get rid of the ball. He works through his progressions about as fast as my handicapped Grandma would. If ZLee could get more comfortable in the pocket and stop staring down 1 receiver, he will be just fine and our offense will look a million times better.

Let's hope one of two things happen: 1) With a full season under his belt, Lee gains that comfort in the pocket and progresses through is reads quickly this year; 2) If Lee's not able to do that, Green/Spano/Washington/Martinez/Kellogg can.

That's exactly the case. I expect Lee to be much better this year in regards to my post above. And to keep this in the topic of the OP, it's nice to have guys like Green, Martinez, etc. that are in the competition. One of these guys will be reliable.

I just want a QB that doesn't make me hold my breath and almost have an anxiety attack whenever the ball is thrown. I'll take anyone who can make a short accurate pass that isn't so telegraphed that a blind man can see it coming!

Honestly I think this is just part of being a fan of a team.

I know this is a, "what if topic"

I think the same thing about Lee as you. I don't agree as much on the "the other 5 can" statement. Green showed he can run with it, his passing needs a lot of work it seems, from what he showed last year. I don't know if hard luck Spano, will ever get to play, as for the others, no real game time to speak of. Don't know what they can do under pressure. The best chance for the Huskers to have a great year, rest with Lee as we all know. I hope he has a good year, so who ever is 2nd string gets a lot of playing time. Going into the Big-10 with a new starting qb, is going to be a lot to ask for, as far as winning what ever division or who they group us in with...IMHO

GBR!!!

I'm not worried about our QB situation. A mediocre QB can still win big games IF our OL plays light out. I'm a firm believer in the "it starts in the trenches" mentality.

If our OL struggles, then I'll worry.

Fully agreed, for two reasons.

First, look at the guy from Texas. You know the one the one that flat out quit, durring the National Championship game! Not to mention a Texas A&M game, he also gave up. And he is the winningest QB in college football history??? The O-line will be the determining factor.

Second has nothing to do with quality of QB, but more about quanity. Look at Frazier, Berringer and Turman. We used all three and had one H*** of a season. I could see that play out again. Only this time, we would havd 3 QB's everyone would have more confidence in. Not to say we had none for the before mentioned. The first two, I had more than enough confidence in. But the turman-ator??? Wow, did he suprise me. I'd like to see Spano and Washington get some time and tear it up. (if even mop up duty). I think if we really need the depth and the talent is there. (especially with us leaving the B-Texas conference and the bad blood because of it) So, I have no issue with this thing being a full on competition, for a long time.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

GBR!

:cheers

I'm not worried about our QB situation. A mediocre QB can still win big games IF our OL plays light out. I'm a firm believer in the "it starts in the trenches" mentality.

First, look at the guy from Texas. You know the one the one that flat out quit, durring the National Championship game! Not to mention a Texas A&M game, he also gave up. And he is the winningest QB in college football history??? The O-line will be the determining factor.

Second has nothing to do with quality of QB, but more about quanity. Look at Frazier, Berringer and Turman. We used all three and had one H*** of a season. I could see that play out again. Only this time, we would havd 3 QB's everyone would have more confidence in. Not to say we had none for the before mentioned. The first two, I had more than enough confidence in. But the turman-ator??? Wow, did he suprise me. I'd like to see Spano and Washington get some time and tear it up. (if even mop up duty). I think if we really need the depth and the talent is there. (especially with us leaving the B-Texas conference and the bad blood because of it) So, I have no issue with this thing being a full on competition, for a long time.

GBR!

Things are drastically different than they were in 1994. First, our offense isn't simply the power running game. Second while we have a good stable of RB's, we don't have LP back there to hand the ball. Third, even if our OL is much improved from last year I'd say there's little to no chance they'll be even remotely close to as good as the OL in 1994.

GBR!

Things are drastically different than they were in 1994. First, our offense isn't simply the power running game. Second while we have a good stable of RB's, we don't have LP back there to hand the ball. Third, even if our OL is much improved from last year I'd say there's little to no chance they'll be even remotely close to as good as the OL in 1994.

I would agree with that completely. I was just saying, I would love to see a few QBs get their hands on the ball and suprise some Husker fans. I loved it in 94. Imo it was a huge part of the season and I loved it. Turman tore it up and I don't think many thought that would happen. It was great to watch.

And I feel the o-line will be the biggest factor this season. (more than most)

UPDATE

Sean Callahan of Rivals.com is predicting Taylor Martinez to start come September.

Apparently Lee's injury hasn't completely healed and it cuts away the only surefire advantage he had––arm strength. Fall camp just got REAL interesting.

jliehr just posted an update that Green and Spano are working with the #1s in 7-on-7's this summer. Conflicting reports, neither to be believed quite yet.

Everyone keep your ears open. This should be a fun seven weeks leading up to W. Kentucky.