DE DeVante Wilson

Nexus

• 4 weeks later...

DE DeVante Wilson (6-3, 235) from Corona, Calif. took his final official visit to USC this weekend (Dec.10-12). He had previously taken official visits to Nebraska and Arizona.

Wilson had been looking forward to the visit to USC for quite some time and he wasn't let down by his experience.

Yes, it did,” said Wilson when asked if the visit to USC met his expectations. "I had a great time, I learned a lot about the program and I got to see the academic side of everything. I had a great time and it was a good visit.”

One important component to Wilson's visit to USC was the opportunity to learn more about the academic program and support provided at USC.

“I sat down for a long time with Coach (John) Baxter and had a good talk to him about the great academic support provided by USC,” said Wilson. “That was a great part of the visit and I was happy to learn about that stuff.”

There has been much speculation which position Wilson will play in college, but he being recruited as a defensive end by Lane Kiffin and the Trojans.

“They’re going to put me at LEO,” said Wilson. “The weak side defensive end position. I played strong-side for my school because I was one of the bigger guys, but I prefer playing on the weak side.”

Wilson provided us a list of other official visitors who were at USC this weekend.

“Cody Kessler, Max Wittek, Christian Heyward, Thomas Tutogi, David Garness and myself were all there,” said Wilson.

Wilson will announce his decision on a school on Wed. Dec. 15, his birthday.

We will provide an update on which school Wilson chooses asap on Wednesday.

USC Article

Sounds like he will be a Trojan.