Nexus

Player: DeVante Wilson

Hometown: Corona, CA

School: Corona HS

Position: DE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 230

40 time: 4.7

Scholarships: Arizona, Colorado, Colorado St., Duke, Nebraska, New Mexico, San Jose St., Utah, Washington, Washington St.

Committed to USC

Rivals: :star :star :star (#18)

Scout: :star :star :star (#47)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#117)

**Click on ESPN link above for highlights**

says Nebraska stands out among offers, and will take an official, trying to get here this summer, but probably won't. sounds like he talks with Bo a lot too.

Nebraska and Arizona are his top 2 at this point. UCLA and Oregon have been recruiting him hard but haven't offered yet. Said he plans to visit Nebraska in the fall and developing a good relationship with the coaches and how they develope their defensive lineman along with Academics will play a part in choosing his school.

I say if UCLA offers it'll be tough to pull in this kid because he went to a lot of their home games last year and one of his former teammate Jordan James plays running back there.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mean that Grimble Barr Peat are not interested in coming to Nebraska or are we taking 2 more D-linemen in this class

They are still interested, Peat/Barr/Heyward/Johnson are still contemplating official visits here. In the end we might take 3 if the right person comes along and wants to commit.

Does this mean that Grimble Barr Peat are not interested in coming to Nebraska or are we taking 2 more D-linemen in this class

I'd assume it just means that grimble (USC commit), barr, and peat haven't signed their NU LOI yet...so we continue to recruit until the spot fills. Wouldn't read into it at all.

I find it hard to read when you post :

• 1 month later...

Offer has come from USC

How meaningful is a USC offer these days? They've only had 1 commit since the sanctions were announced and look bad on the field.

:yeah

And I have heard there are grumblings for a certain Coordinators head. USC is really starting to follow the Mack Brown's Doing So Little With So Much Success Plan.