I have noticed that you have to be more cut throat when you are recruiting players in this game. You have to do a lot of comparing your program to another highly rated program in order to sway that recruits favor towards you. I never really did talk bad about another program unless he had a soft verbal to another team. I do like how not matter how many times you strike out on bad pitches, they recruit won't hang up the phone on you. I think the recruiting aspect is much more fun and challenging.

I'm on my first season right now. So far I have got a 5 star QB scrambler out of North Dakota to commit and a 5 star power RB out of Ohio. With a 5 star DE out of Missouri at my number and several 4 star CB, its looking to be a pretty good recruiting class for me. I don't look to far into the in rankings for recruiting class, I concentrate on developing the talent that i get. One area of concern for me is that I need to pickup 2 WR this year and a TE, I only had one 4 star recruit in each position that wanted to join, and I was ranked very low on their list, needless to say they didn't commit, so i will have to put my faith into a very strong offseason recruiting class to make up for lost ground.

It is only beneficial to compare schools when you are a full grade above the other school. If you are comparing A to a B+ you won't get very many points. It also helps if what you are comparing is a priority for the recruit.

As far as wasting time on recruits with full interest, I think it is beneficial to call on those recruits. I have had a few who were soft commits to another program and I got them to switch. It has also happened the other way around, where I had a soft commit and they ended up leaving. I usually use 50-60 minutes when a guy is close to committing. I figure it gets them to make a decision faster and allows me to put those minutes somewhere else.

I think the padlock symbol means there were some pitches unlocked for you.

Another thing is that when I was playing the dynasty roy helu went out with a injury with a pulled hammie with 2 weeks left! He had 1900+ yards rushing with 30 td's total. What ticks me off is that he completely dropped out of heisman trophy race and got no votes at all when the heisman was given out!!

Another thing is that when I was playing the dynasty roy helu went out with a injury with a pulled hammie with 2 weeks left! He had 1900+ yards rushing with 30 td's total. What ticks me off is that he completely dropped out of heisman trophy race and got no votes at all when the heisman was given out!!

The Heisman voting is ridiculous in this game, and it heavily favors seniors.

In Burkhead's Junior year, he had 2300 yards rushing and something like 35 touchdowns. He ended up losing the Heisman to some Senior receiver that had 1300 yards catching and 15 touchdown catches.

His senior year, Burkhead had 1800 yards rushing and only 25 touchdowns. Won the Heisman by a landslide.

in my western kentucky dynasty, where i moved them to the sec, i was able to pull two or three 3 star players every season dispite the fact that i started out not ever being in their top ten and only being a one star team...and yes you need to compare pitches when you have a team ahead of you if your a whole grade or more ahead and it is a high, very high, or most pitch...if it is that way a lot of time you can score 60-90 points for your school and make the other school lose 60-90 and that is one big turnaround for a single pitch...so go ahead and hate on other schools...also you can get a lot done by using 40-50 minutes on must have recruits that you are battling for and then use 20-30 on those that you have taken a 300 pt. or more lead on...also pipeline recruits are where it is at...the extra bonus is a big help and i also like to tell kids, especially cuz i am now just a one star team, that i won't redshirt them their first year only to have them come in lower then expect and them redshirt them their sophomore year

hope that helps

Auto saving in this game is a very nice feature until................I decided to simulate a game against Iowa and ended up losing 24-31 in OT so now I jumped from #2 to #9. I didn't know that once you simulated a game it would auto save....looks like I found out the hard way. I still have a chance to beat #2 Wisconsin right after I beat Illinois.

Before I simulated the Iowa game I beat Penn St. 20-7 and I only had 59 rushing yards and Penn St. only had 53. It was a very defensive game and I really enjoyed playing that game.

Has anybody noticed that if you call certian plays, I only know one for sure, the Play Action Screen play in our playbook, that the QB will fake the hand off and then proceed to march 20 yards backwards before you can take control of him? I've had this happen to me and seen the CPU do it. Very very annoying glitch... learned that the hard way. Called that PA Screen once and once only.

Has anybody noticed that if you call certian plays, I only know one for sure, the Play Action Screen play in our playbook, that the QB will fake the hand off and then proceed to march 20 yards backwards before you can take control of him? I've had this happen to me and seen the CPU do it. Very very annoying glitch... learned that the hard way. Called that PA Screen once and once only.

Yes its a glitch that will soon be fixed with a patch. I believe its the Play Action pass from the I-Formation

Like Jock pointed out it is a common problem, so you have nothing to worry about.

It is rather annoying though. I remember playing my friend in just an exhibition match. I was ahead 30-27 with only 30 seconds left. He had all three of his time-outs and was around my 30 yard line. He called that play and got sacked back to his 45 yard line on third down. He ended up having an incomplete hail marry pass and I won the game by three.

Has anyone used, and I'm sure you have, I-Form Tackle Over - HB Power O? That play is 9 yards a gain minimum almost every time. It's almost unfair.

My personal fav is I Form Offset (with the FB off to the right) and straight up, old school Off Tackle. Great play... would be even better if our O Line was better than just average.