"High and Mighty" talk from Texas fan

The Co-Champions* sign was supposed to be installed on the Big 12 South Champions wall. (Which Texas was, check the record book. 2008 OU, Texas, and Tech are South Division co-chammpions) The workmen screwed up and installed it on the Big 12 Champions wall. Mistake by a workman, that's all it ever was. But it was seen by the press and published as Texas ego. Rather than move it to the other side of the room, Texas staff decided to just remove it althogher.

And you believe that?! Wow. You, sir, are gullible or slow.

• Fire 2

Part of Coaching is Evaluating. Texas wiffs on many recruits who turn into studs and wanted a Texas offer when they were in HS. So in those regards Manhattan, their coaching is letting them down.

In professional baseball, developing players is possibly even more important for the average team than in Football. You don't need one quarterback, you need a stable of useful pitchers as well as a bunch of people who can swing a bat. Developing players, evaluating players, etc. is a huge part of baseball. Sure the Yankees tend to buy a few big bats and a few pitchers, but they also have grown a lot of talent. Jeter came out of their farm teams if I remember correctly. I saw him play in some of his first games on TV.

Mack Brown would’ve been the first one to cross the field and shake your coach’s hand. He would’ve been gracious in defeat, as always. The refs wouldn’t have been blamed.

I literally laughed out loud at this. Texas and Mack Brown are always the first to come up with an excuse as to why they weren't beaten but cheated. I believe I heard many excuses for them why they barely won. I believe Colt McCoys perfect internal clock sounds like a good example.

Didn't Texas put a Big XII Champions * sign on their wall the year they beat OU but were left out of the championship game? '08, right? Fools.

The Co-Champions* sign was supposed to be installed on the Big 12 South Champions wall. (Which Texas was, check the record book. 2008 OU, Texas, and Tech are South Division co-chammpions) The workmen screwed up and installed it on the Big 12 Champions wall. Mistake by a workman, that's all it ever was. But it was seen by the press and published as Texas ego. Rather than move it to the other side of the room, Texas staff decided to just remove it althogher.

But you guys all want and need to believe the worst about Texas. I keep coming back to this board trying to find that Nebraska class I've heard so much about. I haven't found it yet. I guess it's all in the past. A decade of losing can do that. Rest of the country has noticed it too.

post-6809-128001213364.jpg

Pelini is not from the Bob Stoops tree, he was our Def. Coord before he was with the Sooners and we almost picked him up as Head Coach then.... His philosophies are a far cry from Stoops which is why he didn't stay there long.

First thing I thought of when reading this article.. he went Green Bay, to Nebraska, to OU.... maybe I missed something, but usually you are from where you start or get your break... not where to go to after you become the hot thing....

Mack Brown would’ve been the first one to cross the field and shake your coach’s hand. He would’ve been gracious in defeat, as always. The refs wouldn’t have been blamed.

I literally laughed out loud at this. Texas and Mack Brown are always the first to come up with an excuse as to why they weren't beaten but cheated. I believe I heard many excuses for them why they barely won. I believe Colt McCoys perfect internal clock sounds like a good example.

Didn't Texas put a Big XII Champions * sign on their wall the year they beat OU but were left out of the championship game? '08, right? Fools.

But you guys all want and need to believe the worst about Texas. I keep coming back to this board trying to find that Nebraska class I've heard so much about. I haven't found it yet. I guess it's all in the past. A decade of losing can do that. Rest of the country has noticed it too.

First off...I am not classy to Texas. Ever! I have hated you guys my whole life and I will always hate you and I always thought Texas should be given back to Mexico. I hate your state, I hate your football program, and I hate your arrogance. Honestly, I am sure most Nebraskans could care less what some Texas SOB thinks of us.

Umm...that's not true. At least not on here. I'm just as guilty, but everyone goes after this crap like a starving pack of hyenas pursue a fat, dying gazelle. NU fans care as much about the pollution from Texass as Texass cares to troll and post the poison. Works both ways.

:facepalm: This guy is obviously a tool. His views are relevant nowhere outside Texas. One more attempt at belittling the Huskers on their way to a better place. Why should we even lower ourselves to respond or give him anymore readership than he probably has with the Texas faithful?

If you ask me we might as well quit getting all worked up over garbage like that. The guy is the EDITOR of inside texas..... I doubt he believes everything he wrote there..or at least doesn't think it's all that big of a deadl. But getting people all worked up like that WILL sell newspapers and get hits on the website.

Figure it out guys

:hmmph

If you ask me we might as well quit getting all worked up over garbage like that. The guy is the EDITOR of inside texas..... I doubt he believes everything he wrote there..or at least doesn't think it's all that big of a deadl. But getting people all worked up like that WILL sell newspapers and get hits on the website.

Figure it out guys

:hmmph

I'm sure we all "figured that out" a long time ago, but doesn't mean we can't debate it and talk about it.

What is a huskermax.com? Is that the zealot who used to run a rival board and charged people to post, but you could only say nice things? No wonder it got bought out.

HuskerMax is the website run by the creators of Huskerpedia.com. That website was, injustly IMHO, stolen from them by a company that had no legal rights to it (according to the story). Either way Huskerpedia is now run by some people in California that are not true Husker fans and therefore most of us have avoided that site completely to lower their hit count.

Besides, HuskerMax is better anyway with the level of filtration of what links make it on the front page.

Ah so that explains the deterioration of their content! I had no idea. How did they steal all the content though? Like the history and stats pages?

Also in response to the texas writer sites getting hits...that's why when people find these articles we post the whole article so we can read without giving the sites their numbers...

Ah so that explains the deterioration of their content! I had no idea. How did they steal all the content though? Like the history and stats pages?

Also in response to the texas writer sites getting hits...that's why when people find these articles we post the whole article so we can read without giving the sites their numbers...

Exactly right on the website copy/paste thing.

As far as Huskerpedia, this explains it pretty well.