Texas vs. Nebraska

Go cry about it some more you, can insult me all you want big deal I said one thing that you dont like and that you dont agree with saying "You are a disgrace to are fanbase" is not classy in itself so dont give me that bull. You have no right to judge me you could of just said that you dont agree with what I said and that It wasnt cool or you could of said something else but you are being a hypocrite in making fun of me. If you dont like me then just dont quote me and respond to what I say.. but I am a strong opinionated person so if I say something that you dont like just get used to it and deal with it.

Man, you're the worst kind of fan in any sport. Period. Too bad you somehow became attached to the Huskers.

Anybody know how to "ignore" a poster on this board. I can't figure it out.

Playing a little bit of devil's advocate here....

Why is it that we have no problem cheering for the big hit (like the safety laying out the defenseless reciever or the DE blindsiding the qb) but when they get hurt it's so sad? I mean we clap and applaud the hit but if it causes a severe injury it's a problem. So we cheer for Nebraska to kick texas' ass but heaven forbid we talk about their qb getting injured. Don't get me wrong....I agree. Asante laying out the OU guy was fine...but standing over him was a problem. It's just such a fine line....

• Fire 1

I think that 15-year-old is a decent measuring stick for the feelings of an entire fanbase. Honestly, he's the perfect combination of ignorance and arrogance. I was flipping through the channels last night and went past Monday Night Raw. I checked in to see if any of the diva's were running around only to see a ton of Texas Longhorn football signs in the crowd. Turns out Raw was somewhere in Texas. In the background (clearly visible) was a big sign with a N and a huge cross through it. Now maybe this is a wrestler or something who wears a big N on his chest or something (although I've never seen that). Or maybe we totally underestimate just how much hatred there is for us in the state of TX.

Why is it that we have no problem cheering for the big hit (like the safety laying out the defenseless reciever or the DE blindsiding the qb) but when they get hurt it's so sad? I mean we clap and applaud the hit but if it causes a severe injury it's a problem. So we cheer for Nebraska to kick texas' ass but heaven forbid we talk about their qb getting injured. Don't get me wrong....I agree. Asante laying out the OU guy was fine...but standing over him was a problem. It's just such a fine line....

You answered your own question. Football is a contact sport. When there's big contact and everyone walks back to their huddle, no problem. That's what we like, and there's nothing wrong with that. Injuries are an unfortunate side effect of big contact. They do not happen every time, and when they do, we're concerned about the player, regardless of team. Nobody wants a player to be hurt.

The only problem I had with them putting a second back on the clock is that I have a funny feeling that they wouldn't have done that if Nebraska was in the same situation but that might be me being a little naive. I feel bad for you guys about 08 but I don't think you got too robbed since it seemed like OU was the better team.

Seemed like the better team? Remember OU lost head to head to Texas on a neutral field? OU was a great team that year, but Texas proved on the field it was better.

and about the :01, it was done for you guys in the same situation in 94. Things like that have a way of going around, sometimes your team is the one catching the break, next time your team has the breaks going against you. In both the 94 Orange Bowl and the 09 CCG it was the correct call.

you mean the neutral field in dallass texass? LOL there are no neutral fields in texass

It's not in Norman, It's not in Austin. Fair Park is alomst equal distance from OU and UT (It's actually closer to OU). Fans are split 50/50. Cant get much more neutral than that.

The only problem I had with them putting a second back on the clock is that I have a funny feeling that they wouldn't have done that if Nebraska was in the same situation but that might be me being a little naive. I feel bad for you guys about 08 but I don't think you got too robbed since it seemed like OU was the better team.

Seemed like the better team? Remember OU lost head to head to Texas on a neutral field? OU was a great team that year, but Texas proved on the field it was better.

And UT lost to Tech, so Tech was obviously the better team, and should have played in the CCG, right? Oh, wait, that wasn't the agreed upon tiebreaker.

IMO, when 3 teams tie for 1st in the way that these 3 did, you vote for who you feel the best team is.

and about the :01, it was done for you guys in the same situation in 94. Things like that have a way of going around, sometimes your team is the one catching the break, next time your team has the breaks going against you. In both the 94 Orange Bowl and the 09 CCG it was the correct call.

First, (I may be wrong here) I believe when NU's receiver (don't remember who it was Bell? Johnson?) knee touched down, there was more than 1 second showing on the unofficial clock. Second, the playclock we see on TV is NOT the official clock. That is kept by the officials on the field, that is why occasionally you will see the ref ask for time to be put back on the unofficial clock.

you mean the neutral field in dallass texass? LOL there are no neutral fields in texass

It's not in Norman, It's not in Austin. Fair Park is alomst equal distance from OU and UT (It's actually closer to OU). Fans are split 50/50. Cant get much more neutral than that.

You are 100% spot on in distance...the only difference is that the game is played in Texas's second largest city with about a 40:1 ratio of UT alums to OU alums....doesn't sound very neutral.

I don't get why there was (and I guess *is*) so much whining, crying, tacky looking banners flying over stadiums about the 2008 scenario. Didn't Texas lose to Texas Tech that season? Wasn't there a 3-way tie? Doesn't Texas Tech also have the right to whine/cry/fly a tacky banner as much as Texas? (Rhetorical questions, no need to answer them) Rules are rules. If Texas wanted to win the division, they shouldn't have lost to Texas Tech.

I know rhetorical questions, but I'll answer anyway. Yes we lost to Tech and it was a 3 way tie and I'm not making the argument that Texas should have been in the CCG. ( I wasn't a fan of any of the banners flying but banners were flown by Tech and OU fans as well.) The question was that OU seemed to be a better team, my point was Texas was better than OU in 2008 and proved it on the field.

See but you are wrong about that. If you say Texas is better than Oklahoma because they beat them, then Texas Tech is better than Texas, so why wouldn't Texas Tech have the right to go to the CCG? Because Oklahoma beat them, so Oklahoma should have the right to go the the CCG. But Texas beat them... It's a never ending circle. And why was this circle created? Because of Pre-season rankings.

What exactly are pre-season rankings? They are people's PREDICTIONS of how good a team will be during the season. It has nothing to do with how they will perform, but how they are PREDICTED to perform. So since Texas Tech was PREDICTED to be worse than both Oklahoma and Texas, although on the field during the season they were ACTUALLY equal to the two, they get automatically snubbed out of the CCG conversation. Texas Tech has the most to whine about.

So the reason Texas feels like they got screwed out of the CCG isn't because they thought were the best team in the South, it's because they felt like they were the better team between them and Oklahoma. Unfortunately, due to peoples' pre-season PREDICTIONS (and i emphasize predictions), Texas Tech was left out of the conversation, making Texas feel like they were snubbed. In the end, the right team made it to the CCG and the MNC. Sadly, many people remember the final score of the MNC vs Florida rather than the game itself. It was a close game and at the end Florida pulled away.

And to whoever posted that Texas got killed by Alabama, they did not. In fact, I think it's fair to say they would have won the game had Colt McCoy been on the field. As much as I hate Texas, I have respect for Colt and even a little for Mack Brown. We just target them because they are the leaders of a team with a bandwagon fan base. Let the countdown to October 16th continue: 80 days. GBR!

• Fire 1
And to whoever posted that Texas got killed by Alabama, they did not. In fact, I think it's fair to say they would have won the game had Colt McCoy been on the field. As much as I hate Texas, I have respect for Colt and even a little for Mack Brown. We just target them because they are the leaders of a team with a bandwagon fan base. Let the countdown to October 16th continue: 80 days. GBR!

I posted that, and I disagree vehemently with your assessment. That game was never in question, even when Texas scored first. Alabama's D was every bit as stout as Nebraska's - they just had an offense that could move the ball. All due respect to Texas' defense, which was pretty good, Texas was not legitimately in that game after the first quarter. It's sad that McCoy got hurt so we'll never know, but everything about that game was domination by Alabama. The final score and yardage don't reflect it, maybe, but again - the outcome of that game was not in doubt.

I posted that, and I disagree vehemently with your assessment. That game was never in question, even when Texas scored first. Alabama's D was every bit as stout as Nebraska's - they just had an offense that could move the ball. All due respect to Texas' defense, which was pretty good, Texas was not legitimately in that game after the first quarter. It's sad that McCoy got hurt so we'll never know, but everything about that game was domination by Alabama. The final score and yardage don't reflect it, maybe, but again - the outcome of that game was not in doubt.

I think the game was in question when Texas had the ball and were down by 3 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.

Saturn Drew; I'm 15, friend me on Facebook, or if you don't believe me, give me a call on Skype.

I believe that you're probably a good writer. I wish you were in the online class that I was teaching because the grammar, spelling, and punctuation of these students were atrocious. Sometimes I forget that there are a few who are very well-spoken and can articulate clearly. Again, it is possible a 15 year old wrote it, I just personally think it's very unlikely. Some of the vocabulary used in the letter seemed very mature. "Brethren" comes to mind...don't think I've ever used that in any post or letter I've written. :) But if the writer actually is 15, then all the more power to him. He'll probably be my boss someday.

I think the game was in question when Texas had the ball and were down by 3 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.

Bully for you.

I don't get why there was (and I guess *is*) so much whining, crying, tacky looking banners flying over stadiums about the 2008 scenario. Didn't Texas lose to Texas Tech that season? Wasn't there a 3-way tie? Doesn't Texas Tech also have the right to whine/cry/fly a tacky banner as much as Texas? (Rhetorical questions, no need to answer them) Rules are rules. If Texas wanted to win the division, they shouldn't have lost to Texas Tech.

I know rhetorical questions, but I'll answer anyway. Yes we lost to Tech and it was a 3 way tie and I'm not making the argument that Texas should have been in the CCG. ( I wasn't a fan of any of the banners flying but banners were flown by Tech and OU fans as well.) The question was that OU seemed to be a better team, my point was Texas was better than OU in 2008 and proved it on the field.

See but you are wrong about that. If you say Texas is better than Oklahoma because they beat them, then Texas Tech is better than Texas, so why wouldn't Texas Tech have the right to go to the CCG? Because Oklahoma beat them, so Oklahoma should have the right to go the the CCG. But Texas beat them... It's a never ending circle. And why was this circle created? Because of Pre-season rankings.

What exactly are pre-season rankings? They are people's PREDICTIONS of how good a team will be during the season. It has nothing to do with how they will perform, but how they are PREDICTED to perform. So since Texas Tech was PREDICTED to be worse than both Oklahoma and Texas, although on the field during the season they were ACTUALLY equal to the two, they get automatically snubbed out of the CCG conversation. Texas Tech has the most to whine about.

So the reason Texas feels like they got screwed out of the CCG isn't because they thought were the best team in the South, it's because they felt like they were the better team between them and Oklahoma. Unfortunately, due to peoples' pre-season PREDICTIONS (and i emphasize predictions), Texas Tech was left out of the conversation, making Texas feel like they were snubbed. In the end, the right team made it to the CCG and the MNC. Sadly, many people remember the final score of the MNC vs Florida rather than the game itself. It was a close game and at the end Florida pulled away.

I agree with you. If Tech had been the one going to the CCG, none of us Texas fans would have complained. We lost to Tech plain and simple. The won when they had to. Also if Tech had been choosen to go to the CCG, you would have seen OU fans in an uproar. In any 3 way tie two of the teams are going to get jobbed. This time it was Texas and Tech. OU caught a break

I agree with you. If Tech had been the one going to the CCG, none of us Texas fans would have complained. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin We lost to Tech plain and simple. The won when they had to. Also if Tech had been choosen to go to the CCG, you would have seen OU fans in an uproar. In any 3 way tie two of the teams are going to get jobbed. This time it was Texas and Tech. OU caught a break

You are 100% spot on in distance...the only difference is that the game is played in Texas's second largest city with about a 40:1 ratio of UT alums to OU alums....doesn't sound very neutral.

You obviously havent ever been to the RRR or don't live in the DFW area. DFW has tons of OU alums and fans, DFW has the largest concentration of OU alums outside of Oklahoma. For the second weekend in October thousands more travel to Dallas to take in the State Fair and the game. The night before Downtown Dallas is filled with equal numbers of Sooners and Horns. It's nowhere near the 40:1 ratio you stated. And no matter how many Longhorn alums may live in Dallas, it doesn't change the fact that the inside the stadium when the game is being played, the tickets are distributed 50/50. Half the stadium is in orange, half in crimson

You obviously havent ever been to the RRR or don't live in the DFW area. DFW has tons of OU alums and fans, DFW has the largest concentration of OU alums outside of Oklahoma. For the second weekend in October thousands more travel to Dallas to take in the State Fair and the game. The night before Downtown Dallas is filled with equal numbers of Sooners and Horns. It's nowhere near the 40:1 ratio you stated. And no matter how many Longhorn alums may live in Dallas, it doesn't change the fact that the inside the stadium when the game is being played, the tickets are distributed 50/50. Half the stadium is in orange, half in crimson

Doesn't it take place during the Texas state fair as well? You would be an expert on this subject I suspect....much more than the '94 Nebraska-FSU game.