Seems like Nebraska gets the short end of the stick

JOEY

I think it’s frustrating how Nebraska only has 5 National titles, we should have way more to show for how dominant we have been throughout the years don’t you find it frustrating? It seems like we have gotten screwed over several times throughout the years.

I'm pretty sure if you put up the number of NC games we lost compared too some of the other guys i think you would be suprised that the numbers are similar.

And the NC games we missed out on winning were a combination of bad luck or mental breakdowns from what i can tell.

I guess my point being i don't think we have been screwed none.

National Championships won since 1970 (includes shared)

5-Nebraska, Miami

4-Oklahoma, USC

3-Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida

2-Florida State, Penn State, LSU

1-Pitt, Georgia, Clemson, BYU, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Washington, Michigan, Tennessee, Ohio State, Texas

I'd say, since you ask about when we've been dominant, those numbers speak for themselves. As husker98 stated we have no more heartbreak than the next team. As a matter of fact, we have the most wins, highest winning percentage, and most National Championships since 1970.

If that doesn't show we've not been frustrated but rather lucky as fans, than I don't know what to tell you.

How exactly have we been screwed? In 1970, it wasn't a done deal that we'd be voted #1, but we were. In '94 Penn State could've gotten part or all of it. In '97 there was a good chance we'd get shut out. So we had 3 chances to get screwed, and didn't. There never was a year we had any claim to #1 but didn't get it in modern times. I don't know about going back to the 1920s or whenever. There were a couple of games, like the 93 FSU and 82 PSU games where we had bad calls against us that might've given us the championship had they been called correctly, but there's probably a lot of teams that can say that.

Be proud of the 5 championships. Whining about being screwed out of others makes us sound very small.

• Fire 1

Nebraska quickly drove into scoring position and had 1st-and-goal early in the fourth quarter. Dan Alexander got the call on 3rd-and-goal from the 4 but as he was stretching the ball towards the end zone he lost control and Texas recovered.

Huskers.com

I agree. There are teams out there who would love to just sniff a MNC let alone win it or play for it. We've probably lost more MNC's than some teams have even played for. No need to be frustrated on my end

Absolutely, we get what we earn, nothing more, nothing less.

i'd imagine most teams believe they get the short end of the stick. it is a matter of perspective and we, as humans (or humanoids, which i suspect some posters here are) tend to keep bad memories more readily accessible. i do believe we have more heartbreaking losses than average, but that might be because we outperform and compete in games we should have easily lost.

i'd imagine most teams believe they get the short end of the stick. it is a matter of perspective and we, as humans (or humanoids, which i suspect some posters here are) tend to keep bad memories more readily accessible. i do believe we have more heartbreaking losses than average, but that might be because we outperform and compete in games we should have easily lost.

I would categorize myself as human-ish. With a little bit of Sam McKewon thrown in, of course.

I would categorize myself as human-ish. With a little bit of Sam McKewon thrown in, of course.

that's a given.