iPads in lockers

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Sure it could be a nice recruiting gimmick for a couple of seasons, (before the ipad inevitably becomes obsolete) but by installing these units NU is only helping to feed the voracious beast that is apple. Oh well, it's progress.......I guess.

You would have rather had them install PC's and feed MIcrosoft??

No joke. UNL's switch to a Microsoft email system was/is a catastrophe.

Generally speaking, anything to do with Microsoft is a catastrophe...

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Sure it could be a nice recruiting gimmick for a couple of seasons, (before the ipad inevitably becomes obsolete) but by installing these units NU is only helping to feed the voracious beast that is apple. Oh well, it's progress.......I guess.

This.

I like to think I am a fairly level-headed person, but I turn into a frothing-at-the-mouth madman when I even hear about an Apple product. I'd be more aggravated if the 'N' on the helmet wasn't calming me down.

That'll happen when you have incompetent people running it.

I have been working in that field for years. 9 times out of 10 when there is something wrong, it's a configuration or design problem. Just sayin.

They do that anyway.

There's nothing in the market like an iPad right now. HP is working on one, but it will probably be webOS based not Windows based.

Just wait till they try to use the iPads outside and they over heat. That will be sweet.

They do that anyway.

There's nothing in the market like an iPad right now. HP is working on one, but it will probably be webOS based not Windows based.

Just wait till they try to use the iPads outside and they over heat. That will be sweet.

I wouldn't be too worried about that because they are permanently mounted in the lockers . . .

Generally speaking, anything to do with Microsoft is a catastrophe...

I know that a lot of people hate them for various reasons, but when you become the standard software platform for the entire world, you are doing something right.

That'll happen when you have incompetent people running it.

I have been working in that field for years. 9 times out of 10 when there is something wrong, it's a configuration or design problem. Just sayin.

Could be. I have no idea. All I know is that it is universally loathed by students and faculty. Also was a shady deal to begin with . . . UNL switched to Microsoft about 1 week after getting a multi-million dollar donation from the company. The UNL administration denied that the donation had anything to do with the switch.

Like I said . . . all I know is that it has been a catastrophe for the last 2.5 years. There doesn't appear to be any improvement in sight. If only they would have chosen Gmail. :(

I'm just pissed they nixed my old e-mail and any accounts tied to it could not be password retrieved. What a joke. They could have easily pushed to keep it bigred.unl.edu. I wish they would have waited and used an Android system though, since it's all open-source and programming for it would be much cheaper/easier.

They do that anyway.

Its called the HP slate it was going to be a windows based operating system windows 7. Im sure that will change now that HP has bought Palm it will be some form of there OS system. Which is why it is not out yet was suppose to be release last month but is now on a November release.

They do that anyway.

Its called the HP slate it was going to be a windows based operating system windows 7. Im sure that will change now that HP has bought Palm it will be some form of there OS system. Which is why it is not out yet was suppose to be release last month but is now on a November release.

Actually they released it as an enterprise product and will not release it to Consumers. They are working on other products with WebOS as the main attribute.

Honestly it's not really about the specs. For one thing, the software is different. Even more importantly, the hardware is different. The looks are different. You can buy a $650 Dell or Acer laptop with equal or better specs than a $1300 Dell Latitude, but that does not mean at all that they are comparable machines. I don't really get the Ipad either though. I tried typing something on one once. Gosh, it was not fun.