Anyone have a tempur pedic bed?

I have a memory foam bed that I bought from Bed-In-A-Box (www.bedinabox.com)

Great price and great bed. I sleep very comfortably and the best part is I don't disturb my fiancee when I get in/out of bed (and she doesn't disturb me)

Eventually we'll want a king size and I'll probably purchase it from bedinabox again

I have a sleep number and it's one of the best investments I've ever made. Two grand seems high but a 20 year warranty makes that 500 bucks every 5 years (about the time a lot of people replace a regular mattress). Just my two cents.

You really know of a lot of people who replace a decent mattress in 5 years? The only time I've come close is when I didn't want to tie my mattress to the top of my car for a move across the country, in which case getting rid of a $2000 mattress would've hurt a lot more than the 6 year old $500 mattress which was still good.

Are they worth it- or would a nice Serta be as good? They are as expensive as hell

Right out of college I used to work for Hom Furniture and they sold tempur-pedic mattresses and they are extremely nice and comfortable. Every tempur-pedic mattress that I delivered I never had one that was returned and I worked there for about a year. One thing that I've heard about tempur-pedic mattresses is that the first 30 days it'll smell weird and then either the smell goes away or you get used to it....I think its because of whats inside the mattress but that was the only complaint I've heard.

Whats nice about the Temper-pedic is that you have a 90 night tryout period and if you don't like it within the 90 days you can return it with no hassels and I believe that you don't have to put any money down within that 90 day trial. They suggest that people do the 90 night tryout so that their body can get comfortable amd used to the new mattress because your body isn't used to sleeping on this type of mattress that molds around your body compared their previous mattresses that they've used their whole life with the springs, waterbeds, etc.

There are different models of the tempur-pedic some with some sort of a pillow top but I'd suggest you stop by one of your furniture stores and lay on several and see what you like. My wife wants one really bad and I told her that I would be ok getting one because they are extremely comfortable and relaxing. Tempur-pedic also has a 20 year warranty as well and here is some very interesting info about their mattress foam.

I have a Tempur-Pedic. Growing up I slept on a mattress that had a bar in it. dunno if that's normal or not, but that's beside the point. Pretty much everyday, my back would be sore when I woke up. Since I started sleeping on a Tempur Pedic 4 years ago, my back has never been sore. It's amazing how it adapts to your body and not the other way around. I no longer have to toss and turn, trying to find a comfortable position.

Thanks for the infor-

Some reviews I found mentioned the smell, but that it goes away. Is the mattress solid foam?

The foam was solid when we had to deliver this things during the winter and they were HEAVY :lol:

But anyways I'm not sure if the foam is solid or not but I would recommend a tempur-pedic to anybody hands down. I'd go to your local furnature store and lay on one. Good luck KRC

I have a sleep number and it's one of the best investments I've ever made. Two grand seems high but a 20 year warranty makes that 500 bucks every 5 years (about the time a lot of people replace a regular mattress). Just my two cents.

Had a sleep number and managed 2 nights and then hit the couch. Just my experience.

T_O_B

I like my bed solid like a rock and my wife likes to sleep hammock style so the sleep number was perfect and you don't have to drag the bed around on your car because it's made of a plastic frame with two big blow up sections. It all breaks down into nothing....plus there's that warranty. But anyway I do know people that replace their mattresses very often and I'm one of them. The bed starts to get soft and worn and I wake up dozens of times throughout the night. Since I got the sleep number I wake up a handful at most. I'm not exaggerating. For me it was an amazing investment but to each his own.