2008 or 2009

Which season did you like better.

For me, honestly it was 2008. With bo being hired and having ganz as qb it just seemed to work on the offence. Then the Kick from henry was just pretty much the greatest thing i have ever witnessed in recent times. We got a nice preview of what suh could provide. And also, clemson in the bowl game. And more then a year latter, killercati still roams the board.

2009 was a far better season. I'm still shocked we beat OU. And came so close to beating Texas. For every VT, there's a 2008 Texas Tech or a 2007 Texas, because we can't have nice things :( Having a dominant D like that was ridiculous and well, unexpected - nobody could have really expected a Top 5 defense, you know? 2009 was a year to be proud of.

However, it's no secret that football is all about the offense. I love watching high powered offenses and I definitely enjoyed the 2008 season more with all the Joe Ganz highlight reels, the barnburners, the CU drama, etc. We saw our guys posting up the stats without getting hurt all over the place and without the message boards melting down every week over the starting QB. Plus, we had Ganz and Swift, two of my favorite players in a long time.

Even though 2009 was better on paper, I thought we did more with less in 2008. The 2009 season was just painful to watch at times. I almost would rather see a 2008 domination by Oklahoma than a 2009 Iowa State debacle. I think the last two seasons showed me how valuable a player Joe Ganz was to the team. If only we could have had one more year with him! But hopefully Zac Lee can pick up a bit of the slack this season.

I'm a bit torn.

Pros of 2008:

Joe Ganz

Nate Swift

Playing smart football, with both sides of the ball playing well (our defense wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't close to elite yet)

Clemson game (exciting!)

Finally...a reason to be excited about the program

Roy Helu's games against OU, KU, and CU

Ndamukong Suh (although not on par with 2009 Suh)

Pros of 2009:

Where in the world did this defense come from? We thought they would be better, but in one year we go from top 50 to #1 in the nation? what???

Ndamukong Suh

Seriously....this defense. My goodness.

Epic battle against Missouri in the rain*

Finally beating Oklahoma*

Making Texas look like a bunch of fools when we were considered to be no threat

Destroying Arizona

* These are huge pros. Growing up and into the program in the Callahan era, I never truly knew what it felt like to be playing a tough game against a really tough opponent, and to snatch victory from the arms of defeat, or to be truly competitive against a team that has the same or better talent than you.

2009 had more heartbreaks and more frustrating moments, but overall I thought it was the better season. It was the first time since 2001 that I though we were on the verge of getting back to becoming a national power. Granted we lost four games, but there were no blowouts and we could have easily been 12-1.

2009 had more heartbreaks and more frustrating moments, but overall I thought it was the better season. It was the first time since 2001 that I though we were on the verge of getting back to becoming a national power. Granted we lost four games, but there were no blowouts and we could have easily been 12-1.

Agree with ya. 2008 was a good year with the playmakers we had, but we got blownout against Mizzou, and OU. The VTech game, we played from behind pretty much the whole game and felt we were never in position to win. The TTech game, we pretty much had won... Asante had both hands on the potential interception to win game, but couldnt hold on. But I thought this game was a great boost of confidence... considering the blowout the week before against Mizzou and how could TTech was suppose to be.

2009 was extremely frustrating and exciting at times. The defense was out of this world. But we had completely unnesscary losses to TTech and ISU. The close calls against Texas and at VTech were depressing and exciting at the same time. Even with our laughable thing we called an offense, it made me believe that we are that much closer to becoming a national power, again.

My vote- 2009.

Hopefully 2010 will erase all of that. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2: