1988 NU vs UCLA on ESPNU

What an awful game. UCLA destroyed us in the first quarter. There was also that bizarre play where Blazek intercepted a pass with a knee clearly on the ground, got up, was the only one who realized no whistle blew, and jogged 75 yards into the end zone. It would've been the quickest replay overrule in history.

I saw that. Talk about having a call go your way...

Troy Aikman really shredded the Blackshirts.

Ugh...my first Nebraska game ever and I'll never forget the Huskers tryin to overcome UCLAs passing attack. It was too little too late.

UCLA was my first in person game, too. Except it was 15 years earlier in TO's first game. I was a boy scout volunteer. Remember the NU QB taking a knee at the UCLA 2 yd line on the last play of the game.

Ugh...my first Nebraska game ever and I'll never forget the Huskers tryin to overcome UCLAs passing attack. It was too little too late.

UCLA was my first in person game, too. Except it was 15 years earlier in TO's first game. I was a boy scout volunteer. Remember the NU QB taking a knee at the UCLA 2 yd line on the last play of the game.

Hardest hit I ever saw was during this game. I believe it was this year when Dana Brinson got rocked by Matt Darby.....shoe, mouthpiece and everything else got blown out!!! Ouch!!!

They like to play our games we lost quite a bit don't they?

Ya and they also play games where we lose by not very much and ones where we win. Weird.

It is quite frustrating. The last time I saw a Nebraska victory replay was a couple of weeks ago, and it was the Nebraska/Kansas game from 2006 when we were up by three touchdowns and ended up barely pulling out a victory in overtime. I have deduced three things (one of which must happen) when a Nebraska game is on t.v.

1) We must get blown out.

2) We must barely lose.

3) We must barely win.

If one of those three things doesn't happen, then the game isn't replayed. Pure and simple.

I understand it, though. Nebraska losing wasn't a common occurrence for decades. Beating us was a pretty big deal for a long time, and I think quite a few people still get a kick out of watching us lose. That or everybody who works for those television stations is a Missouri fan...