Eric Martin

jimk

Martin's time will come, hopefully. He will BE the defense, remember? Maybe he could even use a redshirt year to put some distance between him and the other LBs.

Good to hear that Whaley is coming on. It really seems like he's been here forever. I can't really believe Whaley is just a redshirt sophomore. Heard good things about him before but it was like he dropped off the map.

• Fire 1

E-Mart's current situation as a hard-hitting backup reminds me of a saftey named Clint Finley. It's probably been about a decade since he played here, but I remember love watching that guy 'cause he you knew he was gonna decapitate someone. If my memory serves me right, it took him a couple years before he became a starter, then he bloomed into a solid player.

Martin's time will come, hopefully. He will BE the defense, remember? Maybe he could even use a redshirt year to put some distance between him and the other LBs.

Good to hear that Whaley is coming on. It really seems like he's been here forever. I can't really believe Whaley is just a redshirt sophomore. Heard good things about him before but it was like he dropped off the map.

Yep, agree with this. Also with LaVonte David coming into the mix and a greater use of the Peso, I'd imagine there are going to be some names we're expecting to hear a lot but won't hear much about this year.

We have a lot of good guys not starting this year.

I see Martin putting at least two people down on the carpet for a few minutes... That will be a good thing for the advertisers- they can run a couple of commercials while the other team assists to their man

i lilke Martin and hope he does well but guys who are supposed to be hungry and animals dont sleep through film sessions ever.... i dont think he's got it in him mentally to be the best he can be.. atleast not in the next year or two.... maybe this season will trigger something in him... maybe he'll realize he'll hunger for more than that one aggro punt return guy....

I've heard that Compton and Whaley have a slight edge right now with Fisher really close behind. Heard Martin looks good but is behind those 3. There's somebody else in the mix too, but the name escapes me right now.

:yeah

I love Whaley's athletic ability. He also plays with a lot better leverage at the LOS than Fisher does.

Fisher's brother is going to Iowa. That can't be ignored. :sarcasm

With the young guys that we have in our system on the defensive side of the ball, it doesnt seem like many will slip completely through the cracks. If Chris Williams would have worked out our LB situation would go from good to excellent IMO.

I've feared for a while now that he may always be doomed to the second string. Fisher, Compton, and him are obviously all sophomores but Fisher and Compton have the experience edge. But clearly there's more to it than that so we'll just have to see I suppose.

Fisher better have built up some more muscle or he will be odd man out, he got dominated by RB's at times last year.

Compton got bench time last year for being out of position constantly.

Doors open for anybody to step up.

I am watching LaVonte David!