Huskers get former 5* TE

Chase Harper is not thought to be a part of the team's plans anymore? I guess the last I had heard was that we'd need to re-recruit him. Probably the same thing but comes as a bit of a jolt. Welcome, Kavario. I'm wondering what the story behind this is, too.

Also, double standard? Q got booted off for the MJ...

A small part of me wonders if he came here just to be able to stick it to Washington next year. From the sidelines. BTW, dudeguyy, he's essentially a 2-for-2, after sitting out this year, right?

Hmmmmm...... Our toughest non-con opponent, at least offensively, kicks a kid off the team for what's rumored to be a similar reason Q got kicked off the team a year ago.

You don't think there's any chance we're pumping this kid for information on what the Huskies are planning on doing this year, do you?

Certainly that's not the only reason we went after this kid, but you gotta wonder...

A couple things to note:

Pelini told Kavario that he isn't going to deal with much from him...he is on a very short leash. If he follows all the roles, he'll get the scholarship in January.

Kavario looked at Miami, LSU, and North Carolina but felt Nebraska was the best spot with the least number of distractions. His high school coach said it was probably a bad idea from him to go to Washington b/c it was so close to home...grew up and went to HS just down the street.

He knows this is a second chance and seems to be very greatful for the opportunity to turn his life/career around.

This is almost like a recruiting win for us, and being a 3 to play 2 guy, he effective replaces Chase Harper from last year's class.

Wait....what happened to Chase Harper???

Harper forgot to complete summer classes, this guy who knows, why was he dimissed, that should throw up a red flag!!

I'm assuming Bo thinks the kid can keep clean or he wouldn't waste his time. We're not exactly stacked at TE but we're also not so desperate that we'd take someone who could potentially be a bad influence on the team.

He may have wore out his welcome with UW and good for them for kicking him off the team for violating rules. he has a 2nd chance in a new place and hopefully he'll make the most of it as he will no doubt be on a very short leash.

A small part of me wonders if he came here just to be able to stick it to Washington next year.

I really hope that's not his motivation. I'm an outsider making a lot of assumptions about his situation but if it was something as straight forward as failing a drug test for MJ, then that is his fault. not any mistreatment from UW that deserves some kind of payback. if that is the case he would need to realize his own mistakes instead of blaming others or he won't last long with Bo either.

As for on the field. I'm really excited about his size in the videos, especially considering what Wats was able to do with TE's at CU. although its nice that he was 4* 5* in HS, that doesn't mean a whole lot now. Can he keep clean? can he learn the offense? Can he contribute? Lets see what he can do in the Big 10 in '11!

Welcome to Nebraska, Kavario!