Pelini: Nebraska not a stepping stone

Hasn't Bo said in the past that he enjoys the college football because of the development of young men?

Also, supposedly there has always been an understanding in the Big 10 that a coach cannot move between schools. Like a gentleman's agreement or something. And I don't really see Bo leaving NU for any school other than Ohio State.

Anybody think LSU could be a possibility? Les Miles is on the hot seat and I think they'd definitely be willing to make a hard push for Bo.

I would think that's a lateral move. The recruiting is better, but the NU's staff is probably better in Bo's mind.

That and Bo & Tom have a pretty good relationship/mentorship thing going on according to accounts.

LSU us a slight possiblity down the line if Bo would feel dissed or that the Big 10 doesn't look like it will give us a top 10 team on a routine basis.

The most likely position that would cost us Bo is "the" Ohio State U. IF something happens there, it will always likely be the king of the Big 10 and is Bo's AM. That would be a tough and unlikely job to turn down. Most other jobs indeed would be lateral moves. It would take a top SEC team with big bucks or OSU in my opinion.

Still, it behooves NU to structure his contract stating he cannot leave for in conference opponents effective next year.

indubitably128597039696366331.jpg

but no one likes ultimatums or to be controlled in such a way, although non-compete clauses are not uncommon in other industries.

I'd rather we just try and keep this a great place for him to coach and raise his family, personally. Getting into huge buyout clauses for leaving for x school looks pretty stupid to me, its basically saying "we know we cant compete with what they'd offer you, so we're gonna piss on you're opportunity". I don't think Nebraska needs to do that.

Still, it behooves NU to structure his contract stating he cannot leave for in conference opponents effective next year.

indubitably128597039696366331.jpg

but no one likes ultimatums or to be controlled in such a way, although non-compete clauses are not uncommon in other industries.

I'd rather we just try and keep this a great place for him to coach and raise his family, personally. Getting into huge buyout clauses for leaving for x school looks pretty stupid to me, its basically saying "we know we cant compete with what they'd offer you, so we're gonna piss on you're opportunity". I don't think Nebraska needs to do that.

i just liked the picture of the cat. i agree with you. if he does leave, it will be because that is what his heart is telling him to do and there is nothing you can do about that.

he is the coach at a pretty good program (one of the best jobs in college football) and i cannot imagine many other programs competing for him; if he does leave, it will be for a 'dream' job and that will be that.

Another big year, and Pelini could be mentioned for prominent job openings. But he said if he does his job right at Nebraska, he could see himself staying in Lincoln for a long time.

Since when is coaching at Nebraska not a prominent job? Does having 5 down years really knock us that far off the A-list of college coaching jobs

Why would people ask if a coach is going to leave a team like Nebraska (not a stepping stone job) to take over at a place that clearly is one like LSU?

OSU as he's an Alum I understand even though it's a lateral move but why would he take a step down to go somewhere he was a DC when it's not like he wasn't also a DC here before too?

Anybody think LSU could be a possibility? Les Miles is on the hot seat and I think they'd definitely be willing to make a hard push for Bo.

Bo's wife absolutely HATED LSU. She loved Lincoln from what I've heard and thought that was a big factor in Bo's decision making..... for any of you non married types. :)

The LSU opportunity..... it will be there possibly but I sure don't see Bo wanting to move there again. Actually a step down in all reality. Maybe we should be more concerned about Carl getting some more looks (baring rumors and such). The only 2 jobs that may get Bo's attention would be Ohio State of course and Notre Dame.