Two NU freshmen cited for MIPs

Two NU freshmen cited for MIPs

Husker freshmen Andrew Rodriguez and Tobi Okuyemi were cited for minor in possession by consumption early Sunday morning in the Knoll Residential Center.

Rodriguez and Okuyemi, both 19, were among four UNL freshmen cited in the new residence hall just before 2 a.m. Sunday.

Carl Oestmann, director of patrol operations for University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police, said a person reported hearing shouting and loud talk about consuming vodka coming from a third-floor room.

A UNL police officer was called to the room, where the officer smelled alcohol.

"Some of the individuals did admit to drinking alcoholic beverages at an off-campus location in Lincoln," Oestmann said.

NU coach Bo Pelini confirmed Monday he was aware of the incident, but he declined to discuss if the players would face discipline.

"It's already been handled," Pelini said. "I already handled it."

Pelini said both players participated in Monday's two-hour practice.

Rodriguez, a 6-foot-6, 325-pound lineman from Aurora, impressed in fall camp and is considered one of Nebraska's top backups at guard.

Okuyemi, a native of Maple Grove, Minn., is likely a redshirt candidate at defensive end.

Link: DN

Ouch. Most of the people I know who get caught either drunk/with alcohol on campus just get 24 hours community service and have to take the ASTP class. Full blown MIP sucks.

ASTP class, I forgot all about that! It pretty much equated to a fine if I remember correctly. Isn't the class $75 or somesuch?

Didn't I read something about the players/Unity Council saying that the team had agreed not to drink this year during the season? I though Paul had said that at one point in the last few weeks?

:mellow:

:huh:

^_^

:o

;)

:P

:D

:lol:

B)

:rolleyes:

-_-

<_<

:)

:wub:

:angry:

:(

:unsure:

:wacko:

:blink:

:ph34r:

:grr

:wtf

:worship

:waste

:thumbs

:steam

:smokin

:rickjames

:band

:lame

:horns

:hitit

:horns2

:frenchy

:flush

:devil

:cry

:cheers

:zoom

:box

:bounce

:ban

:bang

:star

:duel

:rollin

:clap

:rulez

:throw

:tv

:bat

:woo

:wasted

:dis

:point

:xcuse

:bad

:sarcasm

:include

:yeah

:dumdum

:1000

dedhoarse

:restore

:power

:restore2

:bluffs

:spooners

:hookerhorns

:moreinteresting

:confucius

:dunno

chuckleshuffle

:hmmph

eyeswear2allthatsholy

:leghump:

:ahhhhhhhh

:funnyhahah

:madash

:ohnoes

:hellloooo

:boxosoap

:w00t

:bs:

:backtotopic

:bonez

:corndance

:laughpound

:LOLtartar

:nanalama

:nutz

:rant

:violin

:cowbell:

:koolaid2:

:cop:

:espnsucks:

:facepalm:

:snacks:

:bigredn:

:throwdabones1:

knapplc should get a MIP (most icons posted), amiright?

• Fire 2

I might take a little heat for this, but underage drinking is such an overblown issue on the Lincoln campus.

Yeah, it's a problem if they're driving around and causing problems, but neither of them were likely driving that night. They were both in the dorms and were just being loud. Most of the people I know who are underage drinkers are extremely responsible about it: they don't drive, they don't do stupid things, and they do it responsibly.

I guess underage responsible drinking is kind of an oxy-moron. But, speaking from experience, far worse things could be done than just being a little drunk in a campus dorm.

I might take a little heat for this, but underage drinking is such an overblown issue on the Lincoln campus.

Yeah, it's a problem if they're driving around and causing problems, but neither of them was likely driving that night. They were both in the dorms and were just being loud. Most of the people I know who are underage drinkers are extremely responsible about it: they don't drive, they don't do stupid things, and they do it responsibly.

I guess underage responsible drinking is kind of an oxy-moron. But, speaking from experience, far worse things could be done than just being a little drunk in a campus dorm.

Kind of like how if you're drinking on campus on gameday, it's fine as long as the drink is in a red/blue/colored cup.

[Waaaaah first post]