Do you think Bo Pelini needs to be a little nicer and show some respect?

Im really surprised by how most people on this board will allow coaches and players to say and do whatever they please, whenever they please, as long as we win. I'm just curious when our fans took on this attitude because we sure didn't used to have this frame of mind.

Other than not saying who the starting QB is, I'm not sure what Bo has done.

And its not so much that he hasn't named the starting quarterback. I really dont care much about that. Im just sick of HOW he interacts with the media. His answers to questions are so short and worthless that he might as well not even show up to press conferences, especially after losses.

Im really surprised by how most people on this board will allow coaches and players to say and do whatever they please, whenever they please, as long as we win. I'm just curious when our fans took on this attitude because we sure didn't used to have this frame of mind.

what? how is being curt to the media the same as saying and doing whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, as long as he wins?

:facepalm:

So those tantrums during the game and constantly chewing out players and dropping f-bombs is alright?

Yeah,, they are. There isn't a single thing wrong with them in my book. He's a hot head, big deal. It's not going to change, so you best be working on getting your panties out of a bunch. Stop whining people, I've heard worse from high school coaches. These are big boys-they can deal with it.

As far as the press, they get exactly what they deserve. They know the rules about what is & isn't okay-and when one of the morons starts contacting family about an injury that they don't even know about, they're all going to get the wrath of hell for it. He's never liked them, and he's never going to - so you might as well get used to that too, or just move on in your life.

When did so many people become a bunch of vaginas? I can't believe how many times this has been rehashed. GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!

• Fire 1

what? how is being curt to the media the same as saying and doing whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, as long as he wins?

So those tantrums during the game and constantly chewing out players and dropping f-bombs is alright?

It's football.

I guess its alright then since, It's Football. :facepalm:

How quickly people forget that Bo is grooming these young men for the rest of their lives. Talk about setting a good example.

My answer to OPs question: No.

Nicer? he has more to worry about than being nice to the media. How would you adress people after 12+ hour work days trying to get a team ready to compete at a very high level? I have no problem with Bo as he adress the media. He is here to put a product on the feild that the team, staff, state and fans will be proud of.

No it's not alright, but it's tolerable at this point. Don't forget, he may not be in PR but he is still pretty newbie for a head coach in his mid 40s. He certainly made strides in his second season. So he is learning his role as the 'face' of the State. When his players take his passion and edge to the field and his players embodie his mean and nasty attitude during the games, my guess is he'll be able to tone it down. But for now, he has the passion and attitude ucz leaders on the team do not yet necessarily have it. Suh and Dillard are an example, Bo just let them play, didn't call them out or chew on them. Maybe he'll tone it down when the players step it up?

Other than not saying who the starting QB is, I'm not sure what Bo has done.

And its not so much that he hasn't named the starting quarterback. I really dont care much about that. Im just sick of HOW he interacts with the media. His answers to questions are so short and worthless that he might as well not even show up to press conferences, especially after losses.

He could certainly use a coach when it comes to dealing with the media. Get a little charm and disarm going. At the same time, unless the media starts asking better questions, press conferences aren't going to get better.

Case in point: Almost inevitably, the first question for Bo after a loss is, "So, what'd you think of that out there?" Which is BEYOND stupid. After ANY game, there are so many thoughts going through Bo's mind concerning every detail, every facet of execution in the game, that to try to answer a question like that is just not possible.

You've also got to remember that Bo's most important constituency is still his team. He's not going to come out after a game and say, well, if so-and-so had played better, we would've won. He's not going to take a crap on an individual on his team. And since Bo's not a rhetorical wizard, answers are going to be mostly in the form of coach speak. Unless of course, reporters start learning how to frame questions in a way so that Bo could give detailed constructive criticism or positive reinforcement to specific players, even in the press. If somebody asked him something like, "How would you compare Crick's pass rush technique to Suh's pass rush technique? Is Crick just a bull-rusher like Suh? Does he need to develop a greater vocabulary of 'moves' in order to have as great of an impact?" But instead, reporters just ask, "So, what do you think of Crick?" :facepalm:

It's football.

Bo is grooming these young men for the rest of their lives. Talk about setting a good example.

See, I can remove part of what you said and make it look like something different, too!

This is all crazy talk in my opinion. Coach Pelini's allegiance is to his players. Does he ever chew them out? Yeah, when they make a mistake that they should know better than to make. But let me ask you this: If you walked up to the average Husker player and asked him whether or not he believed that Coach Pelini had his back, what do you think you would hear? These kids would die for this coach, because they know he is doing everything for them. Think about Bo's interaction with our defensive players when he came back as the Oklahoma D-coordinator. Think about the loyalty and love our kids showed him after only one year in that situation. This guy doesn't need to be anyone's version of "nice" except his own in order to show respect. I think you're confusing being politically correct with being classy or respectful. How many times has Bo disrespected or been classless toward another coach? Snyder, maybe? In terms of media interaction, if Dr. Osborne thinks that Coach Pelini's interaction with the media is inappropriate, he will take steps to rectify the situation. The media is what it is. Will they turn on him if he starts losing? Yeah, you bet they will, but that is the same of any coach, regardless of his disposition. The media wasn't the nicest to Coach Osborne in the late '80's / early '90's when we were losing bowl game after bowl game.

Call it what you want, but I'll take it. And if some of you posters don't think that teaching kids to be accountable and not screw up is not preparing them for life down the road, please don't send your sons to the University of Nebraska.

I think Pelini needs to just his own stamp on the program, for better or worse. Better to be himself and be known as intense, touchy, passionate, and sometimes overbearing than to be known as an insincere fraud. If NU wanted the latter, they should have hired Lane Kiffin.

That's a good comparison, and I know who I'd want. If Bo is too in your face or smash mouth for you, maybe you ought to start following the Texas Tech or the Pac 10, because it's going to become more of the norm once we are in the Big 10. No finesse, no BS - 100% IN YOUR FACE SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.

This is all crazy talk in my opinion. Coach Pelini's allegiance is to his players. Does he ever chew them out? Yeah, when they make a mistake that they should know better than to make. But let me ask you this: If you walked up to the average Husker player and asked him whether or not he believed that Coach Pelini had his back, what do you think you would hear? These kids would die for this coach, because they know he is doing everything for them. Think about Bo's interaction with our defensive players when he came back as the Oklahoma D-coordinator. Think about the loyalty and love our kids showed him after only one year in that situation. This guy doesn't need to be anyone's version of "nice" except his own in order to show respect. I think you're confusing being politically correct with being classy or respectful. How many times has Bo disrespected or been classless toward another coach? Snyder, maybe? In terms of media interaction, if Dr. Osborne thinks that Coach Pelini's interaction with the media is inappropriate, he will take steps to rectify the situation. The media is what it is. Will they turn on him if he starts losing? Yeah, you bet they will, but that is the same of any coach, regardless of his disposition. The media wasn't the nicest to Coach Osborne in the late '80's / early '90's when we were losing bowl game after bowl game.

Call it what you want, but I'll take it. And if some of you posters don't think that teaching kids to be accountable and not screw up is not preparing them for life down the road, please don't send your sons to the University of Nebraska.

:yeah A former player once told me that he would run through a brick wall for Bo. The passion, intensity, and the love he has for his players makes me have a great respect for the man. For a guy to comeback after living here for only one year, tells me that he is one of us, a true nebraskan at heart. He is a emotional, no nonsense kind of guy, but thats what I like about him.