Do you think Bo Pelini needs to be a little nicer and show some respect?

What exactly do you want. A PR guy, someone to schmoose the crowd. Or do you want to win friggin football. You dont see bo dropkicking a player for messing up. He gives them an earfull. I tell you what, when i f#*k up in my job i have people on my back telling me to get my ass in gear and get it strait. It was on me because i was the one who f'd up and i made sure the next time i did it right. Case in point, O'Hanlin - VA Tech vs O"Hanlin - Oklahoma. You learn from your mistakes. Before bo even raised his voice or tossed his headphones i knew he was passionate about his football program. This is his team and he wants them to do what he feels is perfect. Execute to the greatest detail and get it right. He is a proven winner and he can get the job done. I don't want someone like callahan who will lose and still have a smile on his face. When Bo loses its on him, he didn't train or teach the boys right. So he gets into practice and tries harder and harder until they get it right. He is a young head coach so his hot sideline deminor will calm down over time but i hope it doesn't. He wants a fair call and a fair game. IF he feels the refs aren't doing there job hell teach them as well. I was a Gill fan as well but bo has proven that he wants this team and will do what it takes to put a good product on the field. We should support him in that fact not say he needs to be nice. It isn't a nice world, f bobms are shared. People get pissed when things dont go there way. When you treat it like a business you get no enjoyment out of it but when you show your passion for your team and your university the athletes get on that vibe also. We sell tradition, loyalty, and family at this university to our athletes coming in from around the country. If the guy who's teaching you that you need to do this for your family, for your university and for fans and for me, he needs to sell it. He needs to show them that he is passionate about what he is trying to sell you. Bo does that. I wouldn't want it any other way. If he steps over the line then thats one thing, but people who are extremely passionate about things tend to overreact when they don't get results.

there will never be another tom osborne...is definitely the first thing i wanna say. second...i think we needed somebody like bo to come in and take the reigns in the way he has...he's firy and gutsy...but guess what...like tom osborne...he's got a passion fo the game, a strong will, and most importantly...knows and loves the tradition of Husker football.

Bo Knows!

He knows what he's doing he doesn't want journalists yuppies to write the script for the husker before the season starts. Look at other schools when a coach says "Oh they aren't where we want them to be right now" The media hops on it and says "There are Problems at so and so University" Let the team speak for themselves on the field thats what Bo wants

Pelini gets his point across in his own way, much like Osborne. I doubt anyone will ever forget the rapid fire, polite middle fingers to Osborne's friends in the Big XII during the Big 10 change conference. Pelini is just a little more blunt. If the media boys can't handle it, they're in the wrong job.

Also, obvious troll is obvious. But successful.

The media always seem to want more. I really dont understand just what they want. I think Bo gives them a lot and he gives them real feelings and emotion that few coaches let the media see. After the VA Tech game last year when he was proud of his team in a loss he gave the media time and a great quote "I dont think you ever get over a loss like this". After a game when he is upset about his teams effort he will shut things down, then later in a season he will gush about a player, Ganz and Suh.

This seems much more fun for the media to cover than any other NU coach I can think of. Osborne had to be a complete bore for the media to cover week in week out. You would get the exact same thing each week.

This thread is pretty lame. I think the best thing about Bo is that he is passionate and cannot hold it inside. TO was obviously passionate about football and life as well, but just had a different M.O.

its laughable.

with Bo take the bad with the good. the guy came in and has won right away. he has done it the right way too. have people already forgot calahan? or do they expect every coach to be TO? Thats like expecting every president to Abraham Lincoln or every girl to be Jessica Alba. It doesnt work that way. we got VERY lucky that a coach as good as Bo took on the mess that was our football program......and from this point on we will be lucky to keep him, because he could do better.

This thread is pretty lame. I think the best thing about Bo is that he is passionate and cannot hold it inside. TO was obviously passionate about football and life as well, but just had a different M.O.

its laughable.

with Bo take the bad with the good. the guy came in and has won right away. he has done it the right way too. have people already forgot calahan? or do they expect every coach to be TO? Thats like expecting every president to Abraham Lincoln or every girl to be Jessica Alba. It doesnt work that way. we got VERY lucky that a coach as good as Bo took on the mess that was our football program......and from this point on we will be lucky to keep him, because he could do better.

we could have gotten houston nutt. would that have been better? he is a charmer, good with the media, and the media seems to like him. he does not care about ethics or morals, but hey, he is nice and friendly and farts rainbows.