Do you think Bo Pelini needs to be a little nicer and show some respect?

Sure doesn't seem like Respect to me....

Can't see youtube stuff. But really, I don't care if Bo was yelling at the officials or a player. This is high-stakes, big business football. It's not a freakin' daycare. If you don't like getting a free education and getting yelled at when you deserve to be, then quit. If you don't like fire and brimstone, maybe you should watch a chess tournament or a Texa$$ hold em' tourney.

Well please allow me to explain the horible disrespect Bo showed to the media. It is about 15 seconds of the news reporter introducing the clip, about 20-30 seconds of Bo saying that noone has stepped up and looked average, not perfroming the way they can. A member of the media than asks, "Did you say anything to the players after practice to try and step their game up?" Bo responds "What do you think, Anyone else?...ok we're done" How many times after a bad game/practive has a coach said no more questions.

Sure bo is not going to charm the pants off of anybody with a micropphone in their hand, as for the comment that Nebraska doesn't care how we win anymore is simply not true. Bo be short with the media hardly puts him in the win at all costs catagory that I would put coahes like Saben, Kiffen, and Miles in. Just becuase Bo doesn't like giving interviews in way is a display of his integrity.

sorry for bumping this thread but everyone coudln't help myself

Brian Christopherson looks like he got slapped in the face at the end of that one. Poor guy.

There was another interview from last week or 2 weeks ago that was much worse. It was extended, and Bo was giving half-assed, crappy answers. Bo could work on his temper a bit and just not talk when he's that upset...and if he needs to talk to the media, clam up, put on his media face, and chat them up all about nothing. Bill Belichick, for instance is notoriously tight-lipped, but he's one of the most respectful guys you'll ever see giving an interview. He talks a lot, but doesn't give away anything useful.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting Bo could improve towards this direction. All coaches have that standard that they could work up to.

But heck, I don't mind if he doesn't. It isn't the end of the world.

I guess all that matters to me is that he's not going "Woody Hayes" and chokeslamming some kid.

If this was 30 years ago, would any of this really matter? The fact is that the internet age allows anyone with an opinion and a keyboard to say whatever they want, no matter how right or wrong they may be.

So some sportswriter gets butt hurt over Bo being short with them, big freaking deal.

I thought this board was to support the team, not vilify it's coach.

You guys are unbelievable. The Culture At Nebraska Has Definitely Changed. :facepalm:

how?

:troll:

Ive been a member of this board longer than you have MOD. I take great offense to you calling me a troll. Just because this is my opinion and you dont like it. Get real.

you are acting like a troll. you could of answered my question of "how"? instead you make short comments just to inflame the general populace without justifying your statements.

I dont really feel like I need to justify my comments. Anybody can watch and listen to Bo Pelini and realize that he is a loose cannon. The culture at Nebraska has changed because people dont care HOW we win anymore. I like winning the right way. People just want us to win at all costs. I would rather Nebraska lose every game for the rest of my life but do things the RIGHT way. Respect, Honesty, Compassion, Hard Work, etc...are all things I would like to see return.

They have. The players love this staff, they play their guts out for them. Just because Bo doesn't backslap with the media or that you don't like Bo getting fired up doesn't mean that things aren't being done the right way. Remember Dr. Tom is the guy who hired him and is still his boss.

Like TO said, Bo reminds him of a young Bob Devaney. Nuff said.

Sure doesn't seem like Respect to me....

You are joking right? Have you ever played football in school? Have you ever observed coaches at the highschool and college level for an entire game? Bo's behavior is pretty typical in my opinion. Here is a little secret. Players try to please their coaches by playing well. Coaches like Bo tend to get the most out of their players like it or not.

First of all, let me apologize for bumping this thread, I just have to say one thing.

BCS, if you don't like the way Bo does things, don't go to the games! Give me your tickets if you have them. I, as many on here would also, would give anything to go to the Husker games!

We need more passionate fans like Bo, not the one's who sit on their aces the whole game and whine about people standing and cheering. I for one am willing to do this.