Sources of ESPN say these are the Big ten Divisions

Nebraska is giving up every tradition we have with every team we've ever consistently played. I think the Ohio State peanut gallery can keep their gripe meter on a lower setting. Your rivalry is intact. Odds are you won't play Michigan twice very often. The rivalry is maintained. The game still happens every year. It's still reserved, as it should be, as a marquee game of the season. Everything is as it should be.

I don't understand. Ya'll still hate each other. People in Ohio can't even utter the name of the state up north.

If there was an opportunity to seek revenge in the same season, I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't take that.

I think that Manhattan is upset because Michigan is down, tOSU has their number. If there was a revenge title game chance for Michigan and UM wins, he'd be pissed!

But wouldn't that just add to the rivalry?

Check out the front page of www.bigtennetwork.com. It shows different divisions than what ESPN announced. Could they have leaked so wrong info? Or are they upset about info being linked so they posted this picture to create some doubt? Either way, I am excited about hearing our 2011 and 2012 schedules!

Very interesting picture on the home page, but does it actually say that the pics reflects the new divisions? Or is it just a bunch of helmets on a table?

BigTen-Divisions-512-by-355_20100830164628_640_480.JPG

Check out the front page of www.bigtennetwork.com. It shows different divisions than what ESPN announced. Could they have leaked so wrong info? Or are they upset about info being linked so they posted this picture to create some doubt? Either way, I am excited about hearing our 2011 and 2012 schedules!

Very interesting picture on the home page, but does it actually say that the pics reflects the new divisions? Or is it just a bunch of helmets on a table?

That pic has been there for a long time, I wouldn't read anything into that. The divisions are set.

Pretty sure it's just a bunch of helmets on a table. Those divisions make less sense then the ones ESPN reported.

If Penn State is our crossover opponent, that would be awesome. I would love to visit Happy Valley and see the all white crowd. I think we definitely got the easier division (as of 2010 anyways). Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin are on the other side? That helps out a lot. Iowa is our biggest challenge as of 2011. Michigan is up in the air right now and might not even have the same coach next year in RichRod doesn't step it up this year. Michigan State sort of reminds me of Missouri (talent-wise). Minnesota and Northwestern seem like the bottom of the barrel teams, at least for the time being. I really think we got the easier division. I can't wait to travel around to these new venues and see what the Big Ten is all about. Can hardly wait these next 3 days, let alone another 365 days.

I have no involvement with the Big 10, but it still pisses me off that OSU & Michigan are front center. Nebraska doesn't need to be in another conference ran by two (or one, Texas) teams.

I really, really don't think it's that way. It's not like the Big 12 situation at all. The Big 10 is a group of like-minded schools. What was the quote, something like they don't even have votes at the meetings, they just discuss and come to an agreement?

I have no involvement with the Big 10, but it still pisses me off that OSU & Michigan are front center. Nebraska doesn't need to be in another conference ran by two (or one, Texas) teams.

I really, really don't think it's that way. It's not like the Big 12 situation at all. The Big 10 is a group of like-minded schools. What was the quote, something like they don't even have votes at the meetings, they just discuss and come to an agreement?

Well why do you see OSU & Michigan everytime you hear about the Big Ten? Just like why do you see/hear UNC when someone speaks of the ACC or USC when someone speaks of the PAC 10????

Make them alphabetical order or something, you don't always have to feature the same teams.

Edit: Not trying to start anything by any means...

Well why do you see OSU & Michigan everytime you hear about the Big Ten? Just like why do you see/hear UNC when someone speaks of the ACC or USC when someone speaks of the PAC 10????

Make them alphabetical order or something, you don't always have to feature the same teams.

Edit: Not trying to start anything by any means...

No matter what conference you go to there are always a couple of teams that are keynote teams. Michigan and OSU the keynote teams of the Big 10.

It is always going to be like that unless someone knocks them off and consistently knocks them off.

I think that is a great division of teams. I will love watching Iowa play second fiddle to us (and getting beaten by us) each and every season so Hawkeye fans can finally eat their crow year in and year out and a possible Big 10 title game with Ohio State or Penn State is awesome as well. I really like the divisions.