Sources of ESPN say these are the Big ten Divisions

:facepalm:

They say The Game will still be at the end of the season, which is a good compromise, but I cannot fathom the possibility of playing M*ch*gan twice a year. It is like the one thing that Ohio State and M*ch*gan fans wanted. Don't mess with the best rivalry in college sports. Keep it on the third Saturday of November and make sure it is once a year. That is what makes it so special. It's like a religious event in the region.

The divisions are good competitively, but the split is really bad.

i completely agree. they cannot play twice a year, that would be horrible. it cheapens the rivalry and then if they split the games, the first game does not matter, only the championship would matter.

They say The Game will still be at the end of the season, which is a good compromise, but I cannot fathom the possibility of playing M*ch*gan twice a year. It is like the one thing that Ohio State and M*ch*gan fans wanted. Don't mess with the best rivalry in college sports. Keep it on the third Saturday of November and make sure it is once a year. That is what makes it so special. It's like a religious event in the region.

I understand the frustration, but given the circumstances that is still a fair compromise.

The important thing is you kept the rivalry. Nebraska lost their one true rival and was subjected to having to play them two years on and two years off. Given the decline of our program in the mid 2000's, we only met Oklahoma once in a title game and the rivalry died.

So, I would be thankful that you at least get to keep playing the game. Besides, Michigan hasn't really shown they could make it to a title game yet anyways.

i completely agree. they cannot play twice a year, that would be horrible. it cheapens the rivalry and then if they split the games, the first game does not matter, only the championship would matter.

I disagree, but just for personal reasons. I would have much rather played OU as a cross-over game to make sure the rivalry continued on the off chance we play them twice instead of the way it worked out.

EDIT - and the only way to put them in the same division is to completely screw penn state and put them in the "west" or put MU, OSU, PSU in the same division which pretty much stated was not going to happen from the get go by Delany.

The Big Ten Conference is set to announce its football divisions at 6 p.m. tonight.

Commissioner Jim Delany will make the announcement on a 90-minute special to air on the Big Ten Network. The show will also be streamed live at BigTenNetwork.com.

Among the guests expected to appear is Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne.

LINK

is anyone else concerned about the lower end teams? we have Minnesota and Northwestern, two schools on the up and up, while they have Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana. Teams that have never really been that good.

Most conferences have bottom feeders. It's just part of the deal. College football is full of parody and I'm sure some years one division might be a lot better than the other as a whole, and the next year the roles will reverse.

is anyone else concerned about the lower end teams? we have Minnesota and Northwestern, two schools on the up and up, while they have Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana. Teams that have never really been that good.

I'm not concerned about Minnesota or Northwestern in the least. NW is never going to be a frequent threat to us, and Minnesota is not even close to a team I'd call "on the up and up."

I wouldnt exactly call Minny and NW schools on the up and up. Purdue has been pretty decent in the past and Illinois is a sleeping giant with the Chicago talent pool, especially if they bring in a decent coach. Indiana is bad.

Does Kevin Cosgrove still coach at MI? If the answer is yes, Up and up is not something they'll have to worry about during his tenure.

Yes. And I hope he's there at least one more year. :devil :devil :devil

I'm more greedy. I am hoping for many more years of Coz inept defenses.

First off, it could be awhile before Michigan's close to getting to a conference title game...

Next, assuming Michigan does get back to being a top 10 team(probably will, look at us), wouldn't it be great to be able to avenge a loss if both teams were undefeated when the meet the end of November?

I would have had potentally 2 Oklahoma games every year (although I don't think it actually happened one time) instead of what actually happened, it killed the series.