When will NU overtake Michigan for all-time wins?

NUance

Top 10 Winningest College Football Programs

1. Michigan: 877-304-38

2. Texas: 845-321-34

3. Notre Dame: 837-291-42

4. Nebraska: 827-341-41

5. Ohio State: 819-308-53

6. Alabama: 813-316-43

7. Penn State 812-351-43

8. Oklahoma: 796-305-53

9. Tennessee: 783-333-55

10. USC: 774-307-54

linky

Michigan is 50 wins ahead. It’ll take us about 20 years to catch them. Maybe 15 if Rich Rod coaches out his whole contract.

Be sure to bump this thread when we catch them.

All I'm thinking about is how crazy it will be if I'm still posting here in 20 years.

Enhance89 - Post Limit Maxed. God Status Obtained.

Twenty years from now the highest post title you can get will be Apprentice of Enhance.

Ha ha! That's about as likely as Rich Rod coaching out his whole contract.

Catching Michigan is possible, catching Texas in the new big twelve may be more difficult

That was my first thought.

Looking at the 2011 Texas schedule and the 2011 Nebraska schedule, and it looks like the gap is only going to widen.

I have confidence in our guys, but our schedule is a meat grinder. I need some more :koolaid2:

Top 10 Winningest College Football Programs

1. Michigan: 877-304-38

2. Texas: 845-321-34

3. Notre Dame: 837-291-42

4. Nebraska: 827-341-41

5. Ohio State: 819-308-53

6. Alabama: 813-316-43

7. Penn State 812-351-43

8. Oklahoma: 796-305-53

9. Tennessee: 783-333-55

10. USC: 774-307-54

linky

Michigan is 50 wins ahead. It’ll take us about 20 years to catch them. Maybe 15 if Rich Rod coaches out his whole contract.

Be sure to bump this thread when we catch them.

IF my ciphering is correct in the last 47 years (since 1962) NU has gained 57 games on Michigan. To gain another 50 will probably take at least that long. Maybe we can catch Notre Dame in the next 10 years?

IF my ciphering is correct in the last 47 years (since 1962) NU has gained 57 games on Michigan. To gain another 50 will probably take at least that long. Maybe we can catch Notre Dame in the next 10 years?

Except we play more games/year now than 50 years ago. Plus we'll be playing each other. Plus Rich Rod is the coach, not Bo Schembechler.

Probably somewhere between 20 and 50 years to catch Michigan is a reasonable answer. :)

why does Texass have so many wins? Seriously, I barely remember them being relevant AT ALL when I was growing up (i'm 33)...

were they just the absolute best in like, 1952?

it seems to me, personally, that they didn't start getting really good until about the late nineties?

why does Texass have so many wins? Seriously, I barely remember them being relevant AT ALL when I was growing up (i'm 33)...

it seems to me, personally, that they didn't start getting really good until about the late nineties?

they played in the swc, enough said.

That's what happens when you have a entire conference made up of texas schools, and the state of texas legislation making sure that the University of texas gets taken care of first and foremost (their flagship university). It's been going on for the last 100 years. Not hard to wrack up massive wins that way.

I'm with you though, I didn't even know they had a team growing up, they'd ran the corrupt vice ridden den that was the swc into the ground.

I have to say that it's unlikely for us to catch up to Michigan or Texas in the next 25 years. Texas is a lot more likely if they drop off the map, but Michigan is pretty far out on top here. You're talking about averaging 2 more wins than the other program per year, over a 25 year period.

Once Michigan rights its ship, I really don't think we'll wind up with more than a 20 game chip into that lead.

I have to say that it's unlikely for us to catch up to Michigan or Texas in the next 25 years. Texas is a lot more likely if they drop off the map, but Michigan is pretty far out on top here. You're talking about averaging 2 more wins than the other program per year, over a 25 year period.

Once Michigan rights its ship, I really don't think we'll wind up with more than a 20 game chip into that lead.

but when will we catch ND? too bad they did not give weis two more years.