Zac Taylor's Throwing Motion

zoogs

A little light-hearted breather from the intense QB discussions - and a blast from the past to boot.

81429320.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54835C498CBEA23297BF7B6A78CBF29A8A91EB33FE8A451CBE1

As some might know Zac Taylor is one of my favorite QBs of all time to come through here. He was a real baller for us, but I admit I never followed his game closely enough back then to breakdown his skills (other than, he's slow). But I was looking up some pictures and came across this...it looks really funky to me. I don't think he usually threw like this either, but that's a very low dip of the shoulder, isn't it?

Heh.

Who had the better throwing motion between him and Ganz? Wondering about this. I don't really have an intended direction with this, just throwing it out there to see what people think.

there we go, thank you sir

By the way, just looking at the pic, I tend to agree. You can tell his shoulder dips prior to releasing the ball..

Zac was a great QB and will be a better coach. Most in Aggieland expect him to be on his father-in-law's staff full time next year as the QB coach when Tom Rosley retires.

ZT-AM.png

Looks like Zac is winding up to throw a 60 yd Hail Mary. I didn't really care much about Zac's throwing motion back then because he was accurate and had a quick release. This year, I don't know that we got any QB on the roster as accurate as Zac. But none are as slow of foot either.

• Fire 2

Looks like Zac is winding up to throw a 60 yd Hail Mary. I didn't really care much about Zac's throwing motion back then because he was accurate and had a quick release. This year, I don't know that we got any QB on the roster as accurate as Zac. But none are as slow of foot either.

I'd take Zac Taylor in a heartbeat over any quarterback currently on our roster. (Granted, they might end up being decent . . . just going off of what I have seen to date.)

That goes for Joe Ganz as well.

He's definitely one of my all time favorite players.

Yep. Tough as nails. He couldn't scramble an egg, but he stayed in that pocket committing his body to the pass like nobody we've ever had before or since. He was a good kid, a TOUGH hombre, and it just sucks that we only had him two years.

What would he have done with a proper O Line? Just think.

Yep. Tough as nails. He couldn't scramble an egg, but he stayed in that pocket committing his body to the pass like nobody we've ever had before or since. He was a good kid, a TOUGH hombre, and it just sucks that we only had him two years.

Could you imagine if he was on the team now? Oooo...just had an idea. I think I'll start a "Zac Taylor will start" thread :corndance

He who cannot be named...might still be roaming the husker sideline.