Ex-Husker Crouch joins Versus as broadcaster

GSG

Eric Crouch made a career showing what he could do on a football field. On Thursday night, his task will be explaining how someone else plays the game.

Cable network Versus hired Crouch to be a studio analyst for Pittsburgh-Utah on Thursday at 7:30 p.m., followed by Wisconsin-UNLV on Saturday at 10 p.m. The 2001 Heisman Trophy winner looks forward to his national TV debut.

“It’s a great opportunity to stay involved with the college game and to give back,” Crouch said. “I have a lot of knowledge from playing the sport for so many years.”

Crouch might return to the Versus studio in Connecticut periodically throughout the season; Versus will air 18 games this season.

“Right now, those negotiations or talks or conversations haven’t taken place yet,” Crouch said. “There’s a lot of what-ifs there. I think a lot of it depends on how things go this weekend.”

Crouch has been on TV before. He’s been an analyst for Nebraska high school games and Husker pay-per-view games.

Crouch formally trained the past few months with broadcasting coach Bill Clement. Crouch has brushed up his skills and absorbed the do’s and don’t’s of TV.

“I guess you don’t know what you’re really going to like or how you’re going be received unless you go out and give it a try,” Crouch said. “I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

— Dirk Chatelain

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100901/SPORTS/100909954#ex-husker-crouch-joins-versus-as-broadcaster

Good for Eric. Hope he does well.

Eric Crouch made a career showing what he could do on a football field. On Thursday night, his task will be explaining how someone else plays the game.

Cable network Versus hired Crouch to be a studio analyst for Pittsburgh-Utah on Thursday at 7:30 p.m., followed by Wisconsin-UNLV on Saturday at 10 p.m. The 2001 Heisman Trophy winner looks forward to his national TV debut.

“It’s a great opportunity to stay involved with the college game and to give back,” Crouch said. “I have a lot of knowledge from playing the sport for so many years.”

Crouch might return to the Versus studio in Connecticut periodically throughout the season; Versus will air 18 games this season.

“Right now, those negotiations or talks or conversations haven’t taken place yet,” Crouch said. “There’s a lot of what-ifs there. I think a lot of it depends on how things go this weekend.”

Crouch has been on TV before. He’s been an analyst for Nebraska high school games and Husker pay-per-view games.

Crouch formally trained the past few months with broadcasting coach Bill Clement. Crouch has brushed up his skills and absorbed the do’s and don’t’s of TV.

“I guess you don’t know what you’re really going to like or how you’re going be received unless you go out and give it a try,” Crouch said. “I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

— Dirk Chatelain

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100901/SPORTS/100909954#ex-husker-crouch-joins-versus-as-broadcaster

Maybe I will see him around this fall.

Im not a stalker.

— Dirk Chatelain

Maybe I will see him around this fall.

Im not a stalker.

He was a correspondent for KETV somewhere around 2004-2005. I remember once they went to him and Schuetz for analysis and he wasn't there.

Getting coaching for TV was a good move. I hope it works out well for him.